Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2020, 10:04   #46
BANNED

Re: October 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

I am really surprised with the numbers of Hector twins. If Tata or Mahindra sold cars in China, in the current scenario, I would be interested to know how many cars they would have sold. In my opinion, this is pretty shameful of us Indians.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 13:10   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
I am really surprised with the numbers of Hector twins. If Tata or Mahindra sold cars in China, in the current scenario, I would be interested to know how many cars they would have sold. In my opinion, this is pretty shameful of us Indians.
Sorry for going off topic. Tata owned JLR sales had been steadily increasing in China and posted a 28.5% YoY growth for Sept 2020. I appreciate the fact that people on both sides of the border is able to understand and differentiate the business from border politics.
Holyghost is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 15:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Looks like Jeep needs some more products, or else have a lower-end Compass. May be one with its 1.6 multijet diesel or so which Jeep seems to be marketing elsewhere. There will be a market for them in India, especially among those who want a non Asian crossover in diesel. Beyond Creta/Seltos, we don't have any option here. Probably, Jeep can try and test this by launching a special edition in limited numbers. This should also enable Jeep to price the vehicle in the Creta zone.
The Compass isn't even a premium product in most automobile markets. The way it is priced here is totally unrealistic if FCA wants to grow their market.
Don't see any scale-up of the sales and service network happening either.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 15:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
New vehicle registrations down by 24% in October 2020
IIRC since April this year MG has been sharing actual registrations and not dealer dispatch numbers.
But as per FADA data only 2370 MGs were registered in Oct vs 3750 shared by MG. That's ~40% difference.
S.MJet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 19:23   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

Tata had a great month as well. Get Hornbill with proper testing done & you can do much more numbers for sure. Harrier doing good numbers along with Tiago, Nexon and Altroz. No Hexa sold in last 6 months?? Really sad for such a good car.
I don’t think Tata sells Hexa now as there is no BS6 model. Hexa will launch later with a BS6 engine as per rumors.
anasmundackal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 20:27   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Travel restrictions have been lifted all across. At least 3 people I know have bought cars in last 2 months who otherwise wouldn’t have bought a vehicle. Their reasoning: its much safer to travel in your own car than in public transport. No matter what government says and does, a lot of people are taking the virus seriously (I am glad).
All this in a semi urban/rural area. I bet bigger city folks are even more serious. I guess as long as COVID situation persists, sales would be strong despite no daily commute for few more months. It must be noted that a lot of professionals have joined offices (in my family itself). IT/software folks are mostly home.
Yes very spot on. Many friends started thinking of owning a car with safety as priority
Old 14th November 2020, 15:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Toyota: Dhanteras sales have improved YOY

Toyota registered an increase in the number of cars sold on the occasion of Dhanteras compared to the same period last year. Dhanteras sales have increased by 12% YoY.

October 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-master.jpg

The carmaker has stated that sales have gradually recovered over the last few months with the onset of the festive season. Special offers and schemes have also helped push demand. Sales grew by 10-13% YoY.

Despite this, Toyota expects demand for new cars to taper down at the beginning of the next month. Festive demand will last till about the end of November.

Toyota's official statement:

Quote:
“We are witnessing a gradual but steady recovery over the last few months and this can be attributed to a few factors including, pent-up demand from the last few months, festive demand that has contributed to the overall sales in the month of October & November, consolidation of the market at the lower end due to personal mobility issues & finally, the kind of offers and schemes that OEMs have been offering to customers to push demand.
The first two factors being topical are bound to gradually taper down, beginning next month. We have already witnessed a decrease in demand created due to pent-up demand from 36% in the earlier months to around 20% last month. Similarly, festive demand will also last till about the end of this month. Therefore, what is more prone to sustain are factors like consolidation of the market at the lower end due to personal mobility issues and the variety of schemes & offers that OEMs can come up with.

If we talk about TKM sales & customer orders this festive season, there has been a 10%-13% increase in order taking this year on Dhanteras when compared to the same period last year. Dhanteras in 2020 has been celebrated over two days in various parts of the country and hence in terms of retail sales (dealer’s sale to customer) also, we have witnessed a 12% growth when compared to Dhanteras in 2019. We are hoping that sales in November will be more bullish when compared to October sales.”
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 14th November 2020 at 15:09.
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 19:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I expect new car sales to remain buoyant over the next 3-4 months. Thanks to employees (who have reasonably stable jobs such as Govt, PSU etc) who will try to take advantage of the LTC Cash Voucher Scheme announced by Finance Minister on 12th October (link).
Two of my colleagues are taking advantage of the above quoted scheme. They booked their first car today (link (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)).

So, add 2 sales numbers for November to Tata
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks