Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make : Ford
Model : EcoSport
Variant : Titanium S
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 13 Nov 2020
Booking Amount: INR 10000
Color : Lighting Blue
Expected Delivery Date : End of November. Was told that a minty fresh shipment was on the way to Bangalore.
Dealer & City : JSP Ford Bangalore
Price : INR 14.19 Lakhs on road.

Cool 70k off from the sticker price. 2 lakhs cheaper than the other contender Kia Sonet, which anyways went out of the list once the Seltos crash rating was out a few days back. The Blue EcoSport S looks absolutely stunning, and this will replace the Honda Brio in our garage. Got a good resale price for the Brio too.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 13th November 2020 at 15:12.
arindambasu13 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 15:15   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Booking Date : 13 Nov 2020
Booking Amount: INR 10000
Color : Lighting Blue
Expected Delivery Date : End of November. Was told that a minty fresh shipment was on the way to Bangalore.
Dealer & City : JSP Ford Bangalore
Price : INR 14.19 Lakhs on road.
Nice. Yes, the blue Ecosport S variant has always looked stunning.

Has your opinion of the hard clutch, stiff suspension etc. changed? If I remember right, you suffer from back pain which made you exclude the Ecosport the last time around for the city.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 15:19   #4473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Nice. Yes, the blue Ecosport S variant has always looked stunning.

Has your opinion of the hard clutch, stiff suspension etc. changed? If I remember right, you suffer from back pain which made you exclude the Ecosport the last time around for the city.
The recent clutch seems bit more manageable, from what I experienced. Also , the suspension with the newer 16 inch tires were better at handling bad roads than on the 17 inchers I had driven last time around. And, definitely better than the Brio whose suspension is in tatters currently. The clutch is still on the slightly heavier side though, had to make my peace with that.

The primary car remains my City. The Ford will be used for highway trips predominantly. As for back pain, it's improved quite a bit now the EcoSport seating is very comfortable in that regard. Always loved the EcoSport for all its other attributes , and thus picked it up as the second car.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 13th November 2020 at 15:28.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 19:40   #4474
BHPian

Two of my colleagues booked their first cars today: Tata Tigor XZA+
Budget for both was limited to 9 lakhs on-road.
Ex-showroom price: 7.49 lakhs
Road tax: 1.16 lakhs (Non-Karnataka folks, please don't check your eyesight. You read it right )
Insurance + Registration fee + Fastag - Discounts = 0.17 lakhs
Total on-road price = 8.82 lakhs
Freebies : mudflaps & floor mats
Dealer: KHT Motors, Brookfield, Bangalore

Some observations:
1. I bought my Zest from same dealer in 2016. Another colleague bought a Tiago in 2018. Dealer interest, salespeople's eagerness for sale have improved much since.
2. Decent crowd at Dealer compared to 2016 & 2018. Safety was a buzzword among prospective customers
3. One colleague is a former TML employee. So he was sure what he wanted. So, easy decision for him. The other colleague was considering Hyundai Aura briefly. GNCAP crash rating of Grand i10 Nios which came out few days ago and the derriere of Aura tilted the balance in favour of the 4* rated Tigor.
4. Both haven't decided color yet. Tata really has to increase the color range of Tigor. Maroon and blue are too dark. There is no red anymore.
srvm is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 21:15   #4475

Make : Kia
Model : Sonet
Variant : HTX
Fuel : 1L Turbo petrol
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : End of December (advaith Kia mentioned a 2 month waiting period in Bengaluru)
Freebies: nothing as of now
Onroad price: 12.08 L
Booking Amount: 25K.
The way I have done it is, I am in my hometown in Kerala currently (work location is blr) and thought of buying it from Kerala itself initially since I don't know when I have to go back to blr. However i wasn't sure of the of the scene for out of state cars after the 1st year. So booked at Bengaluru dealer. My loan is also from sbi Bengaluru whom the kia finance manager said he will take care of. Once the final registration is done, The plan is to travel to Bengaluru in December end and drive the car back probably staying in blr for 3 days max. All in all, seems a bit risky, buying a car without seeing the car or the dealer beforehand. Fingers crossed.
Old 15th November 2020, 22:54   #4476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjk89 View Post
Fuel : 1L Turbo petrol
Guess you mean the engine spec.
Old 16th November 2020, 00:33   #4477
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car.
I am also in a similar dilemma whether to buy the car from Blr (Workplace) or from UP (Hometown). I have not visited blr since March this year.
Also road tax is lower in my state (Which is Obvious compared to Karnataka)

BTW have you test driven the car before booking ?
I would never suggest to buy without checking the car in person, though Sonet, as it was launched recently, chances of issues might be minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjk89 View Post
Make : Kia
The way I have done it is, I am in my hometown in Kerala currently (work location is blr) and thought of buying it from Kerala itself initially since I don't know when I have to go back to blr. However i wasn't sure of the of the scene for out of state cars after the 1st year. So booked at Bengaluru dealer. My loan is also from sbi Bengaluru whom the kia finance manager said he will take care of. Once the final registration is done, The plan is to travel to Bengaluru in December end and drive the car back probably staying in blr for 3 days max. All in all, seems a bit risky, buying a car without seeing the car or the dealer beforehand. Fingers crossed.
Old 16th November 2020, 15:45   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Two of my colleagues booked their first cars today: Tata Tigor XZA+
Budget for both was limited to 9 lakhs on-road.
Ex-showroom price: 7.49 lakhs
Road tax: 1.16 lakhs (Non-Karnataka folks, please don't check your eyesight. You read it right )
Insurance + Registration fee + Fastag - Discounts = 0.17 lakhs
Total on-road price = 8.82 lakhs
Freebies : mudflaps & floor mats
Dealer: KHT Motors, Brookfield, Bangalore

Some observations:
1. I bought my Zest from same dealer in 2016. Another colleague bought a Tiago in 2018. Dealer interest, salespeople's eagerness for sale have improved much since.
2. Decent crowd at Dealer compared to 2016 & 2018. Safety was a buzzword among prospective customers
3. One colleague is a former TML employee. So he was sure what he wanted. So, easy decision for him. The other colleague was considering Hyundai Aura briefly. GNCAP crash rating of Grand i10 Nios which came out few days ago and the derriere of Aura tilted the balance in favour of the 4* rated Tigor.
4. Both haven't decided color yet. Tata really has to increase the color range of Tigor. Maroon and blue are too dark. There is no red anymore.
Thats good to hear that people are being aware of safety and Indian brand is also one of the other reason why people are preferring to go for Tata vehicles these days.

Good days are ahead for Tata

Recently,my cousin has booked a Nexon Petrol(not aware of the variant,I guess its top variant) in Bangalore(he works there)by exchanging his 3 year old almost less run Tigor XMS and when I asked his brother,"Why he is buying another Tata?"He said,its an Indian brand,thats the reason he has booked another Tata vehicle again.In fact,his in-laws also own 2018 Tigor in blue colour after seeing his Tigor.

BTW,his family is a Maruti loyalist(his father,who had passed away more than a year ago due to health issues)had Maruti 800 along with 1st gen Swift Petrol,2nd gen Swift Diesel and his last car before his death was 2018 Dzire VDI while his brother had 2014 Dzire VXI,which he sold more than a year ago due to personal reasons and he had inherited the 2018 Dzire from his dad.

The colour he booked was Red single tone and he is getting for Rs.12L while the car's on-road is Rs.12.9L.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 16th November 2020 at 15:59.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 16:14   #4479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Got a good resale price for the Brio too.
Congratulations. You are on a roll. City in 2019, Ecosport in 2020.

Btw can you please share the kind of resale value u got for Brio and how old was it? We too intend to replace our Brio back home soon

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th November 2020 at 16:24.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 19:04   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations. You are on a roll. City in 2019, Ecosport in 2020.

Btw can you please share the kind of resale value u got for Brio and how old was it? We too intend to replace our Brio back home soon
Thanks Soumen, actually this is my wife's car which was due for the change. It so happened that that my earlier Swift and Brio were bought in the same year , so the new car purchases to replace both were also destined to happen fairly close to each other. Overall, I am happy that two of my favourite cars (especially since they are both older school mechanically simple machines) will be next to each other in our garage. Keep an eye out for the Blue EcoSport S in the coming days in your apartment complex, I am a fairly regular visitor there

I negotiated for around 2.5 lakhs for the Brio, which I felt was a fair price for an 8+ year old discontinued car in need of some suspension rework (purchased at 5.25 lakhs). Interestingly, the same showroom had quoted 2.2 lakhs in February 2020. The used car market is strong now. The overall discounts on the Ecosport were also much better than what I had managed to bargain for back in 2018, before changing to the City.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 16th November 2020 at 19:09.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 19:17   #4481
BHPian

Went with my cousin today to book Creta

Creta
SX
Petrol
Manual
OTR 15.78 L
Colour - Black

As soon as I saw Creta in the black shade ... I was awestruck. It looks classy and dashing. I'm really contemplating jumping to creta sx from Seltos HTX. I'm holding out till January. Let's see what the future holds.

Last edited by Gallardo_17 : 16th November 2020 at 19:37.
Old 17th November 2020, 16:09   #4482
BHPian

Make: TATA
Model: Harrier
Variant: XZA+ Dual Tone
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 17 Nov 2020
Booking Amount: INR 30000
Color : Calypso Red
Expected Delivery Date: End of November. Was told that a freshly baked one is in Transit and will reach the stockyard by this weekend.
Dealer & City : Shree Vasu Automobiles, Meerut
Price: INR 23 lakhs on road (excluding EW and accessories)
Discount: Rs 18,000
Temporary Registration: Rs 3000 extra (other district registration)

Registration will be done in Ghaziabad RTO due to some address issues on the Aadhaar card.

Plan is to enjoy it in NCR for a month and then drive down to Bangalore by December end.
Highh5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 16:25   #4483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Make: TATA
Model: Harrier
Variant: XZA+ Dual Tone
Discount: Rs 18,000
Temporary Registration: Rs 3000 extra (other district registration)
That discount is too less, my BIL picked up a XZA+ dark edition on Dusherra. We got 40k as exchange bonus and 47k as normal discuount.
Old 17th November 2020, 16:53   #4484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
That discount is too less, my BIL picked up a XZA+ dark edition on Dusherra. We got 40k as exchange bonus and 47k as normal discuount.
I saw your post earlier and take that as a reference while bargaining, but as of now there are no offers on the Top end but 40K exchange bonus is there. I checked with SAB motors Ghaziabad and then in Meerut, both places got the exact same quotes and reasoning. Major reason is they are seeing a lot of traction for Harrier from October onwards and they are not getting enough dispatches from the factory(as per them). Ghaziabad dealer doesn't even have a top-end model for display or in dealership, no test drive car available. Could be possible in Himachal this particular variant is a slow mover, due to which you would have got this much discount.

Checked their discount circulars, stock sheets, and only after a lot of bargaining I was able to get this much .

Since Ghaziabad dealer quoted at least 3 weeks for delivery, went ahead with the Meerut dealer since there is already one in transit.
Highh5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 17:09   #4485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Could be possible in Himachal this particular variant is a slow mover, due to which you would have got this much discount.
The car has been bought from Sagar Motors, Noida. We opted for HP registration due to substantial saving in road tax.

Let me see if I can get you a better deal, will PM you if something works out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks