Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Make : Ford
Model : EcoSport
Variant : Titanium S
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 13 Nov 2020
Booking Amount: INR 10000
Color : Lighting Blue
Expected Delivery Date : End of November. Was told that a minty fresh shipment was on the way to Bangalore.
Dealer & City : JSP Ford Bangalore
Price : INR 14.19 Lakhs on road..
Congrats!

But why a diesel? I did see that you will use it for trips, but isn't the Dragon engine a good modern engine when it comes to power and efficiency?

Nothing wrong with the diesel, just curious since you seem to enjoy petrols from others posts.
Old 17th November 2020, 21:12   #4487

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Congratulations on your new car.
I am also in a similar dilemma whether to buy the car from Blr (Workplace) or from UP (Hometown). I have not visited blr since March this year.
Also road tax is lower in my state (Which is Obvious compared to Karnataka)

BTW have you test driven the car before booking ?
I would never suggest to buy without checking the car in person, though Sonet, as it was launched recently, chances of issues might be minimum.
Yeah as part of the new car decision making process, I had initially test driven sonet and nexon in my hometown. Hated the Nexon's AMT and loved KIA's iMT. Hopefully everything goes well at the dealer side in Blr.
dannyjk89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 08:24   #4488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Congrats!

But why a diesel? I did see that you will use it for trips, but isn't the Dragon engine a good modern engine when it comes to power and efficiency?

Nothing wrong with the diesel, just curious since you seem to enjoy petrols from others posts.
Thank you. Well, yes, I do enjoy a good NA petrol, however, I always did like the TDCI on the Ford and generally, the driving characteristics of the Ecosport (did not pick it up the last time around for certain other reasons). Given that I already have a good petrol engine in the garage, we thought we would introduce some variety in the next car purchase and enjoy the low and mid range torque of the Ford's TDCI .

I have driven the Dragon engine as well, but was not too impressed with it especially when I inevitably compared it to my regular drive, the Honda iVTEC. The four cylinder creaminess of the ivtec really makes it difficult to match up for other engines. Enjoyed the driving experience and low-revving torque of the diesel much more on the Ecosport.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 18th November 2020 at 08:35.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:20   #4489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV300
Variant : W8
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 16-Oct-2020
Booking Amount: INR 21K
Color : Red & White Dual Tone
Expected Delivery Date : 16th Nov
Dealer & City : VVC Motors, Kothaguda, Hyd
Price : INR 13.4L
Discounts: 10K cash discount, I was told nothing else could be provided for top end. Mud flaps, body cover, basic accessories like idol some chrome material would be given I guess.
Freebies: Rear bull bar
Accessories: None
Exchange: No exchange, I am giving my Estilo to a very dear friend (of course for a price). It would good to see the car once in a while. I am assured it will be in safe hands
There seems to be an indefinite delay in delivering my vehicle. I have spoken to the representatives repeatedly and also written to Mahindra. They have no clue of when they will deliver my vehicle. I am not sure what to do now. Should I cancel my booking? But I did not like any other vehicle in the segment, also the safety and build quality of the vehicle has floored me. It has been over a month since the booking and there is no update on the date of delivery. Please advise. Thank you.
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:12   #4490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Make : Ford
Model : EcoSport
Variant : Titanium S
Fuel : Diesel

The Blue EcoSport S looks absolutely stunning, and this will replace the Honda Brio in our garage. Got a good resale price for the Brio too.
Did the PDI of the car today evening, it arrived in Bangalore two days back as part of a fresh shipment. The VIN tells me that the car is manufactured in October 2020, so it is indeed quite hot off the oven Even the tires have a manufacturing date of October.

Here are couple of pictures. Even though the car was covered in dust and grime from the open stockyard, that Lightning Blue shade was shining through brilliantly even in the fading evening sunlight. Wonder how tasty it'll look when cleaned and spruced up!
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-_img_000000_000000.jpg  

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20201123_190449809.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 23rd November 2020 at 19:14.
arindambasu13 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 23:07   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Should I cancel my booking?
Hi Raghu,

It looks like you've done your homework in researching a car that has all the things you wished for. I am sorry about the experience you are facing at the moment but my advice is to stay put and wait it out. Is there an alternate Mahindra dealership in Hyderabad that you can pursue this up with? Are there any credible updates from the dealership on when to expect your car, etc? You may have written to Mahindra Custome care directly, have they bothered to reply? I have heard tweeting Mr Anand Mahindra may have the desired effect at times.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 23:57   #4492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There seems to be an indefinite delay in delivering my vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
You may have written to Mahindra Custome care directly, have they bothered to reply?
Hmm.. I have a similar ordeal with my Scorpio booking. But not as much delayed as yours, but what is worrisome is that the dealer is not giving a delivery date yet. Says, will get back shortly and ensure will deliver before mid Dec. Booking was done on Nov 6 with a promise that they will deliver by Nov end. Isn't dealer supposed to give a delivery date to the customer?

Customer care is hopeless. I have written to customer care and they in turn forwarded my email to the dealer itself. And dealer is like having no clue, which is why I wrote to customer care.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 01:31   #4493
BHPian

Congratulations.
Did you check up on the ICE unit ? It was in the news that a new Android based unit which has at least Android car play in lower trims will be available from August 2020 shipments ?
Quote:
Did the PDI of the car today evening, it arrived in Bangalore two days back as part of a fresh shipment. The VIN tells me that the car is manufactured in October 2020, so it is indeed quite hot off the oven

Last edited by ankitsharma : 25th November 2020 at 01:32. Reason: Adding congrats
Old 25th November 2020, 08:21   #4494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Congratulations.
Did you check up on the ICE unit ? It was in the news that a new Android based unit which has at least Android car play in lower trims will be available from August 2020 shipments ?
Thanks. Since mine is the top end Titanium S version, it still runs on the 8 inch screen with Sync3, Apple Carplay and Android Auto as was the case before. As far as I could figure out, the upgraded unit that you are talking about seems to be applicable to the lower versions, which run on the 9 inch head unit (up to Titanium + versions). I have not checked any of the recent lower versions.

Frankly, I am not too bothered as long as the system runs Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Will recheck this with my service advisor.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 25th November 2020 at 08:24.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 11:09   #4495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raghu,

It looks like you've done your homework in researching a car that has all the things you wished for. I am sorry about the experience you are facing at the moment but my advice is to stay put and wait it out. Is there an alternate Mahindra dealership in Hyderabad that you can pursue this up with? Are there any credible updates from the dealership on when to expect your car, etc? You may have written to Mahindra Custome care directly, have they bothered to reply? I have heard tweeting Mr Anand Mahindra may have the desired effect at times.

--Kalyan
Hello Kalyan,

I have written multiple times to Mahindra customer care. Not that they care to respond but I did get a call from their senior executive Mr. Hemanth. He assured me on two occasions that the car will be delayed but will definitely be delivered. He gave a tentative date of Dec 15, that is 2 months from the date of booking. I got a call from the SA yesterday that the vehicles is in transit and that I would be able to take delivery by this weekend. I was happy, good news at last. He called me again in the evening and asked me if I can pay 2 lakhs so that he can block my vehicle. As soon as he mentioned that, I got very angry. I made my point very clear that I will not pay a penny unless I see the vehicle. He mentioned that there is a lot of demand and he wants to block the vehicle for me by saying I should pay 2 lakhs. I said NO. I clearly mentioned that I am going to pay only after I see my car and then will initiate the transfer of money.

I am having hard time dealing with these guys. That's how I see the other companies doing well. I don't think there is this kind of experience with Hyundai or MSIL. M&M has such a beautiful vehicle to offer and they are making customers like me feel like it is a government office. The only reason I am still hanging on is that, I just love the car. I am very particular of what I own and this one ticked literally all the boxes for me. I don't know how to proceed further. I will wait till the weekend, if I get the car allotted to me, fine. If I don't, I have no idea what to do. The car has a huge demand and am sure someone is ready to dole out a few thousand extra to take a car out of their turn. If that continues, I may be left with no option but to look elsewhere.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 14:24   #4496
BHPian

Quote:
I am having hard time dealing with these guys. That's how I see the other companies doing well. I don't think there is this kind of experience with Hyundai or MSIL. M&M has such a beautiful vehicle to offer and they are making customers like me feel like it is a government office. The only reason I am still hanging on is that, I just love the car. I am very particular of what I own and this one ticked literally all the boxes for me. I don't know how to proceed further. I will wait till the weekend, if I get the car allotted to me, fine. If I don't, I have no idea what to do. The car has a huge demand and am sure someone is ready to dole out a few thousand extra to take a car out of their turn. If that continues, I may be left with no option but to look elsewhere.
Hi Raghu

It's sad to see how they treat prospective customers. Have you made a booking by paying the official booking fees? It should be something like 25-50k. If so, that booking goes into their system and by default, a vehicle has to be allotted to you unless you pass it for lack of colour or whatever reason. Once the vehicle is allocated to you, and if you do not pay up per their payment expectation (7-15 days or similar), they can counter-offer the car to someone else. Just maintain warm relations with the SA. Assure him that you are ready with the money, I know this assurance will be verbal. But, things like if you are going with all payment or for a loan, if loan, do you have a pre-approval with a bank, etc might assure him. Many folks, unfortunately, give assurances over the phone and never bother to pick up the call or confirm later. So, they are looking for a safe bet by having multiple parties involved.

Regards
Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 14:29   #4497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raghu

It's sad to see how they treat prospective customers. Have you made a booking by paying the official booking fees? It should be something like 25-50k. If so, that booking goes into their system and by default, a vehicle has to be allotted to you unless you pass it for lack of colour or whatever reason. Once the vehicle is allocated to you, and if you do not pay up per their payment expectation (7-15 days or similar), they can counter-offer the car to someone else. Just maintain warm relations with the SA. Assure him that you are ready with the money, I know this assurance will be verbal. But, things like if you are going with all payment or for a loan, if loan, do you have a pre-approval with a bank, etc might assure him. Many folks, unfortunately, give assurances over the phone and never bother to pick up the call or confirm later. So, they are looking for a safe bet by having multiple parties involved.

Regards
Kalyan
Thank you Kalyan, I get your point. I paid a sum of 21K (their quote) and have an official receipt of that as well. It was paid to VVC Motors bank account and not to M&M directly. The SA just called me a while ago to mention that the vehicle would definitely arrive at the weekend. However, a new brochure has been released by M&M, heated ORVMs and auto dimming feature of the rear view mirror have been dropped as features. I have a pre-approved loan with HDFC and the representative who confirmed this sits in the showroom itself. The SA is aware of this and has a confirmation from my banker as well. To have another opinion, I made calls to 3 other representatives, they all confirmed that I have a pre-approved loan. So, no doubts there. I hope to take the delivery during the weekend. I will share an update once the process is done. Thank you again!
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 14:45   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Here are couple of pictures.
Awesome! The car looks cool in that Blue color. Heartiest congratulations!! Wishing you a long and enjoyable ownership. Cheers.
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 22:50   #4499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There seems to be an indefinite delay in delivering my vehicle. I have spoken to the representatives repeatedly and also written to Mahindra. They have no clue of when they will deliver my vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Hmm.. I have a similar ordeal with my Scorpio booking.
Tweet to Anand Mahindra about your ordeal, he’s usually very active on twitter and responds to queries readily. I’ve had a colleague of my dad whose TUV’s delivery was delayed by quite some time due to dealer negligence and once he took up the issue with Mr. Mahindra, it was sorted within a week.
Old 27th November 2020, 20:13   #4500
Senior - BHPian

All, just wanted to share an update. I took the delivery of my car today (XUV300 W8 (O) Petrol. The delivery process was average. No discounts offered, I was in a rush to take the car home as my kid and wife were waiting. I didn't take them to the showroom because of Covid and also the rains in Hyd.

Showroom experience - The SA called me yesterday and mentioned that my vehicle had arrived at the yard and they were doing a PDI. I was asked to go there by 11 AM today. I went by 12, and there I could see the first glimpse of the car. One main reason for opting this car was the looks and safety. The total process took 7 hours. My loan process was done in 30 minutes. The SA took time to get the TR no. and also the mechanics were in less attendance today. I took only mud flaps (1060/-) and body cover (1650/-). Even an idol or perfume were not given as complimentary.

There was no discount offered, not a rupee. I said I will take my own insurance. Thanks to Team BHP, I was able to get a killer deal with Digit, it saved me 35K outright. I must mention Digit's service here. They were amazing, very responsive and gave the policy in 5 minutes flat. I took all the add ons and got a deal for 37K.

First impressions - premium interiors, very well thought out features, practical layout, spacious interiors, very good driving dynamics, feels sturdy and safe. Micro Hybrid works very well (I think the lag has been rectified). Heated ORVMs are no longer a feature even in the top trim model. The steering is super light in Comfort mode, I think for city driving, Normal mode is well suited. I need some time to get used to all the switches and buttons. Have to mention the auto wipers and headlamps, they do a stellar job, functions really well. A very thought out feature.

On the other side, I was not given a parcel tray. The SA mentioned that I would be given one. There were no accessories in stock. Door handle chrome, regular matting, floor mats none were in stock! Reason - they said Covid, we are not getting enough stock from the plant.

Did the customary pooja and drove back home along with a friend. I will post a detailed review after a few kms. Just posting only a few pics, I will have more clicked tomorrow. Could not take many pics as it was raining.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img20201127wa0009.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img20201127wa0018.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img20201127wa0015.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20201127_125036357.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20201127_132617353.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img_20201127_184643408.jpg
Raghu M is offline   (28) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks