Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 10:20   #2986
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
I was going for AMT but wife refused so had no option.

Thanks for the confirmation Yes going for Clarion AX1( already Purchased). and upgrading the speakers to Components. no rear speaker as of now.
Delivery for the regular MT version is almost same day here in Hyderabad irrespective of the color.

The only two cars in Maruti stable currently to not get discounts are the AMT twins.

I'll also upgrade the speakers but won't be changing the HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Oh my lord ! An Alto costs close to 5 lakhs !

Btw, Congrats for the 3rd Maruti in your stable now.
Lol! I was shocked to see the OTR too but is decent for the overall package that is being offered not forgetting that I get the comfort of an AT along with the fun to drive factor of an MT + FE.

We at home love Maruti Suzuki.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 15:32   #2987
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antariksh View Post
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Ciaz
Variant : Zxi+
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 02/09/2014
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : October 2nd week
Dealer & City : Pagariya Auto,Aurangabad
Freebies : None
Price : Not yet disclosed
Discount : None
Accessories Planned : None till now
What was the on-road price finally?
Old 22nd April 2015, 10:43   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_sahab View Post
What was the on-road price finally?
Hi,

On road price was 10,25,000/- I got 22,000/- discount on insurance as i carried no-claim bonus from previous car.

Regards,
Antariksh Bahekar

Make : Mahindra Reva
Model : E2O
Variant : T2 Premium
Fuel : Electric
Booking Date : 20/03/2015
Expected Delivery Date : April week 4th
Dealer & City : Sahydri Motors, Pune
Price : 4.99lac + 2999 per month battery rent
Accessories Planned : None

Happy to buy an electric

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd April 2015 at 18:26. Reason: Posts merged.
antariksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:59   #2989
BHPian

Quote:

Happy to buy an electric
Congratulations, welcome to the club. How long do you have to pay 2999 for the battery? AFAIK Government has allocated subsidy now, any effect of that on pricing or nothing, M&M is eating all of it?
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:22   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Finally Booked a car for my wife

OTR Price: 3.70L + 1 lac for special number

Say it again!! Did you pay 1 lakh rupees just for your prefered reg. number?? Are my eyes deceiving me? Or is it something more than reg. number?

Sir, you could have got a plethora of accessories for that price. Better still, you could have got yourself a better car!

Hoping for this to be a typing error!

Neel
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:47   #2991
BHPian

Congrats manikjeet sir for booking the Alto K10. Looks elegant in white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Say it again!! Did you pay 1 lakh rupees just for your prefered reg. number?? Are my eyes deceiving me? Or is it something more than reg. number?

Sir, you could have got a plethora of accessories for that price. Better still, you could have got yourself a better car!

Hoping for this to be a typing error!

Neel
I would say, each to his own. I'm sure manikjeet sir has taken up 0001/1111 etc kind of number. These numbers are priced high. When I went to buy my bike in May 2014, random choice number would cost 5k for bikes and 10k for cars in Ranchi. Was in a tight budget, the bike itself was of 90k, that's why didn't take up the random self number or else would have taken up the same number as my car's number.
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:37   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

On road price was 10,25,000/- I got 22,000/- discount on insurance as i carried no-claim bonus from previous car.

Regards,
Antariksh Bahekar

Happy to buy an electric
Do write a review soon.
I am interested in one for the family.
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:44   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Congratulations, welcome to the club. How long do you have to pay 2999 for the battery? AFAIK Government has allocated subsidy now, any effect of that on pricing or nothing, M&M is eating all of it?
We have to pay 2999 for whole life of battery i.e., 60 months.
Mahindra gives performance guaranty for the battery to 75% of the battery capacity.

4.99 lac is the effect of subsidy.
No, Mahindra and Mahindra is not eating all of it.

Earlier price was 6.49lac and now due to effect of subsidy and price reduction, They are offering at 4.99 lac.
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:33   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra gives performance guaranty for the battery to 75% of the battery capacity.

4.99 lac is the effect of subsidy.
No, Mahindra and Mahindra is not eating all of it.

Earlier price was 6.49lac and now due to effect of subsidy and price reduction, They are offering at 4.99 lac.
AFAIK the earlier cost of 6.49 was including cost of batteries. You will pay 1.8L only for batteries. Moreover you will continue paying that emi even after 60 months towards cost of new set of batteries. And the subsidy given by the government is less than 1.5L. I feel there is no clarity by the company.
Old 25th April 2015, 14:41   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK the earlier cost of 6.49 was including cost of batteries. You will pay 1.8L only for batteries. Moreover you will continue paying that emi even after 60 months towards cost of new set of batteries. And the subsidy given by the government is less than 1.5L. I feel there is no clarity by the company.
Hi,

On 3rd August,2013, The on road price in Pune including batteries was 7.29lac.

On 2nd Feb,2015, The on road price in Pune excluding batteries was, 6.49lac.
Plus, you had to pay 2999 per month for 60 months.

On 20th April 2015, The on road price in Pune excluding batteries is, 4.99lac
Plus, you have to pay 2999 per month for 60 months.

Subsidy by government is 1.24lac, rest reduction in price is done by company itself.

Yes we will be paying 2999 even after 60 months towards cost of new batteries.
Old 25th April 2015, 17:47   #2996
BHPian

Quote:
I like to quote a fellow member post from another thread with regard to a fancy number that was auctioned for Rs 7,50,000/ in Kerala and it's each to own to pay for their desired numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayazhajimalang View Post
May be because people here are crazy of fancy numbers and number auctioning is one of the biggest source of revenue for RTOs. People may not be that interested if 0s were to be used before non four-digit numbers as that reduces the fancy factor. The number KL-14-R-1 was auctioned off for Rs. 7,50,000 recently.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 25th April 2015 at 17:50.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 19:50   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

On 3rd August,2013, The on road price in Pune including batteries was 7.29lac.

On 2nd Feb,2015, The on road price in Pune excluding batteries was, 6.49lac.
Plus, you had to pay 2999 per month for 60 months.

On 20th April 2015, The on road price in Pune excluding batteries is, 4.99lac
Plus, you have to pay 2999 per month for 60 months.

Subsidy by government is 1.24lac, rest reduction in price is done by company itself.

Yes we will be paying 2999 even after 60 months towards cost of new batteries.
Ok my bad, yes the price was 7.29L including batteries. So now it is 4.99 + 1.80 (batteries) = 6.79, that is 50 K less, and 1.8L is deferred payment so you can add interest at 12% as applicable on car loans, the interest cost on 1.8 for 60 months comes to a little over 60K, so you save 1.10K totally as opposed to the old price. So effectively they are not giving you 14K worth of subsidy, and there's certainly no price reduction from the company. Also if you take into account the 6.49 price excluding batteries, the difference from 7.29 was just 80K for the batteries, that means the battery cost was just 80K, and if you pay interest on that, it will be only 26K more, which is effectively 74K more when you end up paying 1.8L for batteries in emi which looks like has much more than the interest cost incorporated in it!

But if you do simple calculation, and had you taken a loan on full cost of car, you would still save 2000 for 60 months tenure with this new pricing (4.99 + 1.8).

Nonetheless its a car bought from the heart, not from the accountants mind, like even i did. Congratulations once again.
Old 25th April 2015, 20:37   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
And i will show you 5L+ Rolex watches which doesn't even show date like the GShock you might be wearing. Snob value has its price to pay.

Quote:
Wow i never knew that battery isnt a part of OTR cost of car. 3K/per month for 5 years will return you 2.25L if invested in recurring deposit at maturity. Aside from the go green agenda, may turn out to be uneconomical for the buyer who plans to do occasional nearby runabouts in this car.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 21:16   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Ok my bad, yes the price was 7.29L including batteries. So now it is 4.99 + 1.80 (batteries) = 6.79, that is 50 K less, and 1.8L is deferred payment so you can add interest at 12% as applicable on car loans, the interest cost on 1.8 for 60 months comes to a little over 60K, so you save 1.10K totally as opposed to the old price. So effectively they are not giving you 14K worth of subsidy, and there's certainly no price reduction from the company. Also if you take into account the 6.49 price excluding batteries, the difference from 7.29 was just 80K for the batteries, that means the battery cost was just 80K, and if you pay interest on that, it will be only 26K more, which is effectively 74K more when you end up paying 1.8L for batteries in emi which looks like has much more than the interest cost incorporated in it!

But if you do simple calculation, and had you taken a loan on full cost of car, you would still save 2000 for 60 months tenure with this new pricing (4.99 + 1.8).

Nonetheless its a car bought from the heart, not from the accountants mind, like even i did. Congratulations once again.
I did not take a loan.
I bought it as my company vehicle so that i can claim 80% depreciation in the first year itself.
True that it's a car bought from the heart. I have kept aside calculations while buying this.
I am actually still awaiting delivery hoping to be delivered on Monday as the dealer will put it into a truck and deliver to me. Dealer is in Pune, around 250km from my place Aurangabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
And i will show you 5L+ Rolex watches which doesn't even show date like the GShock you might be wearing. Snob value has its price to pay.

Wow i never knew that battery isnt a part of OTR cost of car. 3K/per month for 5 years will return you 2.25L if invested in recurring deposit at maturity. Aside from the go green agenda, may turn out to be uneconomical for the buyer who plans to do occasional nearby runabouts in this car.
True it would return me 2.25lac if invested in RD. But never thought of it. Just bought it as i liked it. Had i done calculations, i would not have bought it.
Old 25th April 2015, 21:38   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
I did not take a loan.
I bought it as my company vehicle so that i can claim 80% depreciation in the first year itself.
True that it's a car bought from the heart. I have kept aside calculations while buying this.
Very true! Believe me you will love it.
BTW I never had second thoughts of the 4.8L that i spent on my Reva i.

80% depreciation? I thought it was 15% every year (for independent professional and business) but its your company purchase. I am missing something. Kindly explain.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed