Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 23:35   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda India Head's response to Rapid critique : "Buy something else then!"

While we are calling out Zac for a single tweet reply, here's BMW social media team on Youtube and twitter going after anyone who has negative posts on their iX design. They even made a video on all the social media comments making fun of the iX.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37673/...ly?xid=fbshare

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th November 2020 at 23:39.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 23:59   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
While we are calling out Zac for a single tweet reply, here's BMW social media team on Youtube and twitter going after anyone who has negative posts on their iX design. They even made a video on all the social media comments making fun of the iX.
I was about to post this and I find it Brilliant though I am not fond of the design personally either. But it's me and I look at the positives in one column, and my requirements in the other. It matches I go for it.

The issue is social media has reached a stage where anyone with a few followers think they are experts. They are suddenly equipped to give verdicts. Influencers giving verdicts are not the same as us mango people doing so. This was bound to happen. Someone is required to tell them enough is enough. If you keep projecting or looking at only the negatives, even if somebody gives you a sympathetic reply, you still wont buy that product right. So better look at other alternatives. Will be win win for both.

People will always have issues. Basically what they need is a sedan with body of a Skoda, features from a Hyundai and Honda, options for an Engine from Fiat (Abarth) or Honda (NA), Gearbox from a VW (DSG), Suspension and handling from a Ford, After sales from Hyundai, at the price of a Maruti. That's the only time all will praise the car.

Also coming back to the topic at hand, I may have missed but I did not see Faisal Khan acknowledging that someone like Zac said he apologizes. That's common courtesy. He could have just said, 'Hey Zac, sorry you felt that way, I was just pointing out that it would great if we have those features which is important for so many of us'. It's just showing some respect. Instead we have hundreds of us fighting over who's right and he watching the fun.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 18th November 2020 at 00:26.
Altocumulus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 00:09   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos-VV View Post
See the Comment from Zac on Twitter for a Vlogger!
Well said zac, polite applausse 👏🏼
Seriously whats wrong with that response? I mean a product is on offer customer weighs it on its merits/ demerits and chooses accordingly period!
You dont like it please move on buy something else . I for one feel he did not need to apologise for this comment, with the advant of social media every individuval can shoot off anything under the sun not everything needs a justification, and honestly people hear skoda and take out their pitchforks and are ready to run after skoda
Old 18th November 2020, 00:09   #139
BHPian

I think FK's point on the price versus features is not that wrong. Basically there needs to be differentiating factor between variants and usually features are the measure for it. While FK's reviews are most of the times focused on the FTD aspect, I did not find them bad/biased either.

Zac on the other hand should be more mindful I guess. Brand damage is tough to recover.
Quinn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 02:21   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Well said zac, polite applausse 👏🏼
Seriously whats wrong with that response? I mean a product is on offer customer weighs it on its merits/ demerits and chooses accordingly period!
To startwith, its factually wrong, looks like by mistake he picked up Seltos sales sheet instead of rapid sales sheet.
Then there is question should you ask customer to move on.. remember in Asia we have this face saving concept.
Old 18th November 2020, 07:39   #141
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: This topic has been discussed enough. Thread closed.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks