Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2022, 19:27   #556
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Congratulations!

Looking forward to a detailed post on buying experience/first impressions for the benefit of potential buyers (including me!)
There you go

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review)

I have no clue how Mods pull up a review in 24 hrs while I took more than 24 days !!
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 12:05   #557

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkumarmcc View Post
Hi Piyush, what's your confidence on safety of the car on highway drive? I mean when any big vehicle (Suv/buses) crosses it at high speed does the car feel stable. Asking in case if you were able to experience it.
There is noticeable movement felt inside the car when overtaking/overtaken. One can hear wind noise at speeds. Though the car feels planted and stable, because of high GC, tall body and lighter weight, it is not very confidence inspiring when doing triple digit speed. At higher speeds, I have sometimes felt the car gliding over the road markings (not as scary as on bikes though) on highways, and also when changing lanes when the road is slightly undulated. Steering response is good and slowing a bit in such situations will work.
PassivePolo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 13:27   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratham_V12 View Post
Hi, so I own a Renault Kiger 1.0 NA manual. When I was travelling to Pune via the Mumbai-Pune expressway, I had to brake hard on a corner due to a vehicle who cut me off. When I braked hard, I felt the brake pedal go vague and heard a clunk from the front of the car. After this, whenever I braked hard, I could hear the clunking noise. Has anybody experienced this before and how serious could it be?
I have heard the clunking noise from suspension when driven over potholes/rough patches and over unscientific speed breakers due to late braking (kind of nosedive/stopping just after touching the hump). The brakes make screeching noise sporadically. I have heard people (other owners/reviewers) complaining about the suspension and brake noise, but not to worry. The clunking noise may be due to the abrupt change in weight distribution during hard braking (cornering, potholes/rough patches, speed breakers contribute).
I have felt vagueness(in other cars as well) when braking over uneven roads, potholes and loose gravel, because of the movement of wheels in such cases. On highways/tarmac/straight roads I have not felt any problem even during hard braking.
Old 4th July 2022, 11:12   #559
Senior - BHPian

Renault India has rolled out the 50,000th Kiger from its plant in Chennai; introduces new Stealth Black colour option.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220704_111158.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th July 2022 at 11:16.
Venkatesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 22:23   #560
BHPian

Took my Kiger CVT semi off road while visiting a farm near Tumkur. It was able to cruise on the wide NH all the way and conquer the mud roads at the end too. The CVT never missed a beat in either place.
The car is due for its first service this week and I too have similar complaints as in recent posts here on creaking brakes. Also at slow speeds and with AC on, I have felt the brakes getting stiff and not responding fully sometimes.
Name:  PXL_20220703_100930009.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  148.5 KB
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 07:10   #561
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Took my Kiger CVT semi off road while visiting a farm near Tumkur. It was able to cruise on the wide NH all the way and conquer the mud roads at the end too. The CVT never missed a beat in either place.
The car is due for its first service this week and I too have similar complaints as in recent posts here on creaking brakes. Also at slow speeds and with AC on, I have felt the brakes getting stiff and not responding fully sometimes.
Attachment 2332126
I bought triber on 7 June 2022. On the delivery day, I noticed the brake pedal gets stiffer at slow speed. Can anyone explain why does this happen?
Old 15th July 2022, 11:55   #562
Senior - BHPian

Hello Kiger Fam:

A quick question to the Bangalore/ Bengaluru residents.
Moderate driving in Normal mode and/ or Eco mode within Bengaluru city, can one except mileage of at least 10-11 kpl? Is it realistically feasible, if not driven aggressively? Maybe after 1st service at least, this is possible?

Asking this for the CVT version. Thanks!
Old 15th July 2022, 12:14   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hello Kiger Fam:

Moderate driving in Normal mode and/ or Eco mode within Bengaluru city, can one except mileage of at least 10-11 kpl? Is it realistically feasible, if not driven aggressively? Maybe after 1st service at least, this is possible?

For sure it's possible. But if it's mostly city driving, the 1 liter version would be better. Turbo engines are not ideal for stop and go city driving with so much idling in traffic.
abhi_krao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 22:57   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Kiger Fam:

My 1 year old turbo CVT's mileage seems to be sensitive to AC. I get 12Kmpl+ (indicated) without AC, while it drops below 10Kmpl with AC in dense Bengaluru traffic and normal mode.
Eco mode is too lethargic to be really useful in the city.
nma83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 10:56   #565

Quote:
Hello Kiger Fam:

I drive the Manual Turbo not the CVT, but it does give me 11-12 kmpl in Bangalore with AC and in peak hour traffic (I cover Sarjapur Road to MG Road via Sony World).
qtaruntino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 14:55   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Moderate driving in Normal mode and/ or Eco mode within Bengaluru city, can one except mileage of at least 10-11 kpl?
We own a Kiger CVT 1.0 Turbo. It's done around 2200 kms with the first service done few 100 kms/days back. The car has been driven mostly in the city (Bengaluru) only, AC always on. We rarely drive it in Turbo mode although it's a fun mode which we do engage sometime. We do not engage the Eco mode other than once or twice after first service to see what is like and it's very disengaging. Normal driving mode is ideal for city drive.

Net result, 11+. We do not drive very cautiously being careful about mileage etc. In morning drives when the traffic is very less, to drop my son, I get the trip mileage of around 14. In one of the highway trips, short one, I got around 18 as well. Yes, so 10-11 is very much possible.

A bit more detail can be found in my long term review.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5353869 (Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review)
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 08:30   #567
BHPian

Hi All,

I was recently driving my friend's brand new kiger CVT in the highway and noticed a few things

i) was doing close to 120 on the highway for a bit and suddenly everyone in the cabin could smell burning rubber. Decided to stop the car and have a look, but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

What could be the possible causes of this? We did this again after the car had crossed about 1.5k kms as well and got the same smell again.

ii) brake bite is seriously lacking. They pretty much gave up on me when I tried a sharp slow down from triple digit speeds.
I'd like to understand if this is this the case with all kigers?
Old 30th July 2022, 00:42   #568
BHPian

Can anyone plz share some details about the reverse parking camera, does it have the guidelines that move/turn as your rotate the steering wheel ?
Old 30th July 2022, 07:54   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Can anyone plz share some details about the reverse parking camera, does it have the guidelines that move/turn as your rotate the steering wheel ?
No, it has only static guidelines which can be switched off.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 16:41   #570
BHPian

2022 Media Drive

It's buzzing Renault Kiger in the Media world with the recent media drive after the 50,000 sales. I hope, at least now, the media houses will quote Kiger as one of the competition when reviewing other C-SUVS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks