Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 23:54   #511

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerhack View Post
This bothered me for the first few days and I considered getting a seatbelt extender, but muscle memory set in and the problem went away. I can now reliably insert the seat buckle in one movement. I do find first time co-passengers struggling with it though, so I have to clasp it for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Even me, only for a couple of days this bothered me and now I have got the knack of buckling in one go. Do not worry about this.

Regarding self-centering, I can confirm that the steering does self centre after turns. will try to post a video sometime later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Practically everyone using for the first time did notice the seatbelt issue. While agree that it is not a deal breaker, but Renault could have done better.

The steering in my view has a relativity aspect. I drive a Ford and still have not adjusted to the steering of Kiger, while other family members quite like it. The steering does self-centre, but not aggressively enough. Its quite light too and a gentle hold even may affect the winding action.
Thanks all for sharing your experience, especially with regards to the seat belt issue.

It is somewhat comforting to hear that I was not the only one who faced the seatbelt issue on the Kiger. Hopefully, I too will get used to it. As a last resort, I will get a seat belt extender.

Since I didn't notice any major issue with the self-centering of the steering when I took the Kiger for a test drive, I hope it won't affect me much.
Old 17th March 2022, 00:04   #512

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_gams View Post
Thank you very much!

I completely concur with the above two comments - I too got used to it in couple of days. Yes, the ergonomics could have been better but this particular issue should not be a deal breaker in my opinion.

However, there are couple of other ergonomic issues that I noticed and they could be specific to me rather than the car design. One - I have the habit of holding the steering wheel slightly on the upper side or in the middle. However, when I do that, I can not rest my elbows on the central console and the door side rest. I have to hold the steering wheel more towards the bottom if I have to rest my elbows and this does not give me a feeling of a firm steering grip. My previous cars did not have central console and I have no idea if this issue is there in any other cars. I did not find this mentioned in any Kiger reviews as well. Second - I find the gap between the brake and accelerator slightly less and sometimes my foot touches the brake pedal while I am using accelerator pedal and vice versa. I did not find this too mentioned anywhere and this could be because of my longer foot as well. However, I have now got used to a foot position where this issue does not occur anymore.

I bought it through Unnati Motors in Fatimanagar. I had to negotiate hard for the insurance and it came down from some 42K to around 23K. Accessories would be up to your selections but rest of the cost components should be standard and you could check it online as well. The ex-showroom price increase for RXZ CVT turbo was in the range of 7K from January so the on-road difference should not be more than 10K. RXZ CVT Turbo should cost roughly around 11.25 all inclusive but without accessories.

All the best to you.
Thanks for sharing the ergonomic issues. I will only know if they will affect me once I start driving regularly, but its good to know your experience. I didn't pay attention to all these details during my test drive.

I have since booked a Kiger RXZ CVT Turbo with PPS Renault Viman Nagar, and I should get delivery within a few weeks. I don't think I negotiated as hard as you did, and I probably have overpaid, but the deed has already been done.

I have a few more queries which I will ask separately, if you don't mind.
Old 17th March 2022, 00:48   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_gams View Post

The delivery

After the booking, the showroom team kept me updated about the status of the car. Even though it was ready for delivery in last week of December, the registration was done in first week of January as desired by me and we took the delivery on 7th January. I did create my checklist for delivery thanks to Team BHP PDI checklist. I wish I had seen the Team BHP PDI checklist well in advance because it had many points that needed to be taken care well in advance and not just on the delivery day. Although I was fortunate not to face any problems, I strongly suggest everyone to take a look at that checklist even before booking so that one is clear of the payment and delivery terms right from the point of booking the car. The car was ready with all the accessories fitted on the specified time. We opted for trunk light (Kiger does not have a boot light even for the top end variant!), armrest console organiser, tailgate chrome, mud flaps, matting and body side chrome. I am not a fan of chrome however it looked good on the dark colour especially when there is no other colour on the side. I did not opt for seat covers even though the sales team strongly suggested it just because I did not want it to interfere with the side airbags. I negotiated hard for the insurance and eventually settled for zero-dep insurance from the dealer at 23K which initially was quoted as 43K. All in all, it cost me 11.30 lakhs including everything. The payment was made in advance (If I had seen the PDI checklist in advance, I would not have done this) so the completion of formalities was quite quick on the delivery day. The car was ready for inspection and the team explained me the controls and operations. I then did my inspection which took me around 15 to 20 minutes. The odometer showed 16 km out of which, it was driven for 4 km from warehouse to the showroom. The manufacturing date was last week of November which meant that it was not lying there after manufacturing. Both the odometer reading and the manufacturing date meant that the car was fresh and truly new.
As I already wrote in the post above, I have booked a Kiger RXZ CVT Turbo with PPS Renault Viman Nagar and waiting for delivery.

I have since read this post of yours several times over, especially the Delivery section. I have gone through the Car-Pre Delivery Inspection PDF document on this site. Its quite comprehensive and useful. I have already taken a print of it, which I will carry with me and take notes when my car is ready for delivery and I carry out the inspection.

I haven't seen anything in the PDI in terms of payment, but you have mentioned above that if you had seen the PDI in advance, you wouldn't have paid in advance. I am curious to know if I am missing something.

I have paid a booking amount of Rs 11,000 and the balance to be paid once the vehicle arrives. The sales guy already called me to remind that I need to be ready with the balance payment. I am not sure what is the norm here. Am I supposed to pay the balance amount in full before the dealer does the RTO related paperwork? Should I hold on to some portion of the payment till I collect the vehicle, and pay that final amount only at the time of collection (after I complete the inspection)? I am a bit lost here, so any guidance is most appreciated.

In terms of accessories, I am only getting the mud flaps, body side cladding and tail gate chrome. I am not getting the trunk light, even though I wanted it (the sales guy quoted me Rs 1,900 for it, I was not sure if that's a reasonable price).
I am not getting the floor mats, as I would like to get the noodle mats, though I am not sure where to buy them. Do you recommend getting the Renault floor mats?
I haven't decided on the seat covers, and after reading that they may interfere with the side airbags, I probably won't go with any seat covers.
I wanted the arm rest console organizer, but left that decision to later. I had already spent a couple of hours negotiating with the sales guy that day, and I wasn't enjoying it. Whatever prices he was quoting me, seemed to me as if they were inflated prices.

It wasn't a great experience dealing with him, and I chose to walk away with just placing the order (knowing very well that I was overpaying) and worry about accessories later.

I hope and pray that my delivery experience is smooth and hassle-free. I am trying to dispel whatever negative thoughts I get and not worry too much about "what if" scenarios. Having said that, I am looking forward to getting my car and experiencing it for myself.

Once again, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience in such detail. It helps a lot of us.
Old 21st March 2022, 20:31   #514

Hi DK24, apologies for the delayed response. Congratulation on booking the car! Regarding the payments - I do not exactly remember if the recommendations by Team-BHP members were part of the exact PDI check list or part of posts on the topic but there were quite a few sensible points there. People had advised not to make full payments until PDI was done as some people had noted issues after PDI / after registration and some of the issues were quite severe (it was not Renault or Kiger specific just to be 100% clear). People had made full payments in advance and experienced that they were given a car which was used for test drives. In some exceptional cases, wrong variants / colours were delivered. Few had received cars with functional or aesthetic issues like scratches, some had their cars which were earlier cancelled by others for some reasons etc. Once full payment is done, buyer's control and negotiating powers are lost. Once registration is done, nothing can be done so people had advised to do PDI before registration and not on the day of delivery. Team-BHP members had mentioned some tricks to identify if there were issues e.g. a car without original plastic seat covers is an indication of a potentially used car (say a test drive vehicle), there were guidelines on acceptable odometer readings for new cars and some typical issues one might face etc. In summary, it is better to hold on a part of the payment till you are happy with the final product.

Trunk light - I paid Rs. 1800 for the trunk light and it was the standard price for it. It was mentioned on Renault website and in accessories brochure etc. So Rs. 1900 in your case looks reasonable assuming there might have been a small 100 Rupees price increase since I bought mine. If you would like to be pricky, you could check the standard prices and discuss with the dealer if you find he/she is charging you Rs. 100 more than the standard price.

Floor mat - I didn't need any fancy floor mats. Actually, I was not knowing all the varieties and their pros / cons etc and didn't have enough time to check it. I thought I could easily change it on my own if required later so just I went for the standard, cheapest and simplest ones available. With children not being as disciplined as us in keeping the car clean, I didn't want to go for too fancy or pricey floor mats. In case it gets too dirty for some reason (say an unfortunate spillage), it would be easy to replace rather than clean it.

Armrest console wasn't a big requirement but it was costing just Rs. 790 so I went for it and I am finding it useful too.

Hope the above helps. Wish you all the best for the delivery of your car and I sincerely wish it all goes smooth with a happy ending.
Old 26th March 2022, 17:28   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kiger Black Colour – Dark Edition or dealer level modification?
Quote:
It is not clear if this is a new colour option or a Special Dark edition of Kiger. Renault India website has no mention of Black colour for Kiger. It is also possible that this could be a dealer-level modification.
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-renaultkigerblackspiedlaunchprice.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 10:30   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault Kiger Black Colour – Dark Edition or dealer level modification?

Attachment 2288805

Link
This should be from Indonesia. They have a shade 'Strong black' sold there.

screenshot from the brochure below>
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-kigerblack.jpg
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 13:24   #517
BHPian

I purchased a new Renault Kiger RXZ CVT and took the delivery on 27Mar2022.
From the very first day, I’m experiencing a peculiar fogging issue on the front windshield. This fogging happens only in the mornings (before 8am) and late evening (post 7pm).
The fog patch is located directly above the front windshield defogger vents and the shape of the fog path confirms the same.
This is turning out to be a major dampener for our new car enthusiasm and can also hamper the visibility , particularly towards the left front corner of the car.
The Renault dealership has been absolutely dismal in terms of responding to the messages sent by me to the SA. In fact, after the delivery, the SA doesn’t answer my calls most of the time. On the rare occasions that he answered, all he could say was that he would get the service department to get in touch with me. But there’s been no action from the service team either. I’m planning to also escalate this to the Renault CRM department , in reply to their ‘Welcome to Renault’ emails.
Surprisingly, this issue has not been reported on any forum.
Usually, before buying any car, I browse Teambhp / YouTube / Google search for problems reported by users of that car, but this issue seems to be unique only to me.
Meanwhile, I’m now planning to seal off the defogging vents using foam + duct tape ,and then observing the situation for a few days.
Any other suggestions would be more than welcome.
I’m posting some photos, including a photo with the settings of the AC controls.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-kiger20220327.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-kiger20220329.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-kiger20220406.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-kigerfromoutside.jpg  

AMKAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 19:52   #518
BHPian

I didn't face the exact problem but instead the whole windshield got covered with fog in my Kiger (Mainly rainy season). The solution I found is to defog the windshield manually at full high temperature. Do try this!!
Old 13th April 2022, 18:16   #519
BHPian

Renault Kiger, Quick Drive

I got to test the Renault Kiger 1.0 Turbo CVT RZX for a brief 20 mins drive in good, bad, narrow, broad roads. These are some quick observations.

The Looks

The car is very smart looking with some key elements making it look very good. The sleek DRLs. The Tri LED headlight arrangement. The Split Spoiler. The sloping roof line. Muscular wheel arches. Well designed alloys. The car that came for test was red and it was bright and sporty. My wife is considering picking this up and she found the car quite intimidating due to it's size and presence. For her, this is not a crossover but a proper SUV.

The Drive

CVT. It's beautifully mated to a sporty 1.0 Turbo engine. There is no manual shift options and hence you just see D on the console instead of the changing gears. You do not feel the shift AT ALL. Again, this is too smooth for a Celerio AMT owner. The problem, it's too much power and she was doing high speeds in no time and she didn't even realize it due to the stability of the drive. The 3 modes of Eco, Normal and Sport came to the rescue and she continued to drive on Eco to stay grounded. It cuts off the sudden surge. This is no gimmick and you can clearly feel the difference in different modes. The suspension setup is really good. She missed out on a speed breaker and went quite speed over it and the car was absolutely in control. I drove over bad roads and this one behaved quite well. She had one thing to conclude. It looks big but is very easy to drive.

Interior

You can easily see as soon as you step in that there have been corners cut to tailor it to a desirable price. The plastics are not something a lot of thought was put into. What makes up for it are the smart red stitches on the seats. It's spacious in all sides, be it the rear seat, drive/passenger seat or even the boot. The 60:40 splits will be useful someday. There is loads of storage everywhere, including a cool glove box. The use of piano black looks nice but is a dust and finger print magnet. The instrument control looks like out of a video game. I did not spend much time to understand that.

The other bits

- The ARKAMYS 8 speakers 3D surround system sounds really good
- Wireless Android Auto and Wireless charging is a welcome edition. Seamless operation.
- Cruise control works good
- The dead steering issue is not a deal breaker. It's definitely there but not an irritant
- Sounds inside the cabin are not completely damped but not a trouble at all
- I was expecting the horn to blow my ears off sitting inside after reading reviews but it was just about okay. Guess it was attended to.
- The rear camera embedded in the logo is cool
- The top end has door handles in piano black, Turbo door badging, Red stitches on the seat cover, Red insets on the logo on the wheels.
- PM2.5 level filter is going to be useful
- This does not have Hill Climb Assist but I tried on relatively steep inclines and no issues. What I missed to check was the power in the reverse gear which supposedly is less.
- 4 Airbags is good but ESP would have made it better.
- The seat belt is indeed a little uneasy to put on.

Few Pics

The two colors we are contemplating

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_131700.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_131726.jpg

Interiors

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_130923.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_130740.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_131123.jpg

Wireless Charging

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_130956.jpg

Drive Modes

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_131002.jpg

AC with PM2.5 filter

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_130935.jpg

Some highlights

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_130809.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_130822.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_131032.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_130847.jpg

Cost Cutting. Looks unfinished

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_131322.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20220413_131328.jpg

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 13th April 2022 at 18:37. Reason: few missed out points
abhisheksircar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 12:19   #520
BHPian

Thank you for the crisp review abhisheksircar.

I was considering the Renault Kiger for myself as well, but I found one thing to be a deal-breaker. While I've driven a lot of automatic cars, I've never owned one full-time before this.

I found the pedal placement of the Kiger to be very unergonomic (because of the narrow brake pedal as opposed to most AT cars that have a broad brake pedal) was this an issue for you?

Some images for reference.

Name:  maruticelerio08 AMT footwell.jpeg
Views: 1092
Size:  98.8 KB

The Maruti Celerio AMT footwell

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-screenshot-20220414-12.13.03-pm.png

The Renault Kiger footwell
TejasKinger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 13:04   #521
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger, Quick Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
I got to test the Renault Kiger 1.0 Turbo CVT RZX
Kiger is fantastic on paper. It was the first car i got my wife to test drive when she was looking for an automatic.

But we couldn't come to terms with the quality of interiors and general cost cutting. It's acceptable for lower variants, but not for the top ones. It just doesn't feel like a million rupee car when you sit inside.

Have you seen the various issues documented on team bhp/youtube and the poor Renault response to them? Since it's for the wife, do consider whether she would be okay living with these hassles.

Do check out it's twin Magnite (if you can live with the Nissan brand). It's got better safety features and is cheaper too.

Last edited by naru80 : 14th April 2022 at 13:29.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 13:37   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Kiger is fantastic on paper. It was the first car i got my wife to test drive when she was looking for an automatic.

Have you seen the various issues documented on team bhp/Youtube and the poor Renault response to them?
Can you please help me with what issues and [offtopic] which car did you finally close on ?

Last edited by Sheel : 14th April 2022 at 15:41. Reason: As requested.
Old 14th April 2022, 16:58   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Can you please help me with what issues and [offtopic] which car did you finally close on ?
The issues for us were related to defogger:

the rear bumper dust https://www.team-bhp.com/news/renaul...ind-taillights

and lack of control on slopes (compared to Magnite).

But these are more annoyances than anything else. It has a good safety rating and is pretty decent value for money.

If you like the car, do go ahead! No car is perfect.

We are waiting for Venue and Brezza updates due in the next few months before finalizing.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 17:57   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
I found the pedal placement of the Kiger to be very unergonomic (because of the narrow brake pedal as opposed to most AT cars that have a broad brake pedal) was this an issue for you?
Thankfully she was good with it and had no issues. So was I. Again, we are coming from Celerio AMT, so all this is already overwhelmingly good for her Dead Pedal itself was a welcome change for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
The issues for us were related to defogger, the rear bumper dust[/url]

and lack of control on slopes (compared to Magnite).
What I understand is that they have fixed most "learnings" from the 2021 model in the 2022 model. The mudguard issue has been permanently fixed in the 2022 model with liners provided and the door design now handles the slush inside too.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img20220414wa0049.jpg

The liner, I can see. Seems to be effective. The door one, I hope it's working. I am going by here-say from the showroom.

That leaves us with the fogging issue and the control on slopes. We tried slopes yesterday and in a pretty decent slope. The car held well and moved forward without any inputs. I am not sure if it was because of the 100 bhp acting on it but I agree, we see this as a gap. Hill Descent Control and the one that we really wished was in place is the ESP. That said, her driving is primarily within the town and we should be able to live with it. What she really needs is a car that can handle the ever deteriorating roads with a gold digging search that I do not see an end to soon.

Brezza will be good as well, for sure, but we did a mistake of trusting that we will get the new Baleno 2022 by now as we booked pre-launch and few days back we got an email from the dealer saying that it's going to be longer and the sales team mentioned that they are trying to understand what's happening and do not have a timeline in mind. We had already sold our second car based on the pre-booking commitment The Venue will cross our desired budget is what I think as we have already stretched from the Baleno by another 2 lakhs. Kiger is a VFM. I am just hoping that it holds good over the years as we have a habit of keeping cars for long time.

After reading your post, we went back to the drawing board (teambhp feb2022 sales report listing all cars) and looked at all other cars and came back to the Renault Kiger. She does not want to go back to hatchback anymore after driving this one

Conclusion, Renault Kiger, Celestial Blue, 1.0 Turbo CVT, RXZ. Booked.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 14th April 2022 at 18:02. Reason: replying to Tejas
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 18:08   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
Thank you for the crisp review abhisheksircar.

I was considering the Renault Kiger for myself as well, but I found one thing to be a deal-breaker. While I've driven a lot of automatic cars, I've never owned one full-time before this.

Some images for reference.

Attachment 2296468

The Maruti Celerio AMT footwell

Attachment 2296469

The Renault Kiger footwell
Even my humble Nano AMT has a different size brake pedal.
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img20220325wa0002.jpg
This is blatant cost cutting by Renault.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks