Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 16:24   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashking101 View Post
Congratulations sir... Happy miles to you...

Based on your experience driving in stop and go traffic, could you please let us know how effective is the creep mode (in Kiger) ?
Heard from one of my colleague that it is little on the slower side.
I find it quite ok. Of course if it a slight incline it will struggle to creep without acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Such splendid writeup! Wish you a many happy miles with your newest partner.
Thank you very much for your appreciation and wishes!
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 16:42   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post

Thank you very much for your appreciation and wishes!
Btw your observations in Magnite turbo CVT vis a vis Kiger in terms of performance, driveability and nvh ?
Old 30th July 2021, 19:09   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Btw your observations in Magnite turbo CVT vis a vis Kiger in terms of performance, driveability and nvh ?
I’m sorry, but like I mentioned in my post, I didn’t get a chance to drive either the Magnite CVT or the Kiger CVT - but I am sure they are hugely superior to my version.
Old 30th July 2021, 21:10   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrGivUp View Post
Do you own a Nexon? Is it a petrol or diesel version? Did you face any problem with the AMT? Why the decision to go for a change? I own a petrol AMT and it's been quite good and no complaints (except the possibility of changing A - N/R accidentally. It gives shivers to think about it and one has to be very careful) How long you have been using Nexon AMT? Can you please share your experience?
Sorry for going OT: I drove the Nexon petrol AMT for 6 months in 2019 and I just could not get used to the AMT behavior. Had experienced AMT overheating on medium inclines a couple of times. So I took a hit and sold it after 6 months to upgrade to a D2 car (which I should have done in the first place!). I am sure AMTs suit the requirements of many people, but not for me.
nma83 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 21:20   #395
BHPian

Congratulations and looking forward for your long term review please.
Exchanging Ecosport is not an easy decision but then, sometimes it is done with a heavy heart
As a long term automatics driver, noticed that you still like AMT for a sedate driver.
Any other points for AMT preference ?
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 07:48   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
Congratulations and looking forward for your long term review please.
Exchanging Ecosport is not an easy decision but then, sometimes it is done with a heavy heart
As a long term automatics driver, noticed that you still like AMT for a sedate driver.
Any other points for AMT preference ?
Yes - the Ecosport was a great experience.
It’s not that I like AMT. Just that I decided to fix my budget at a point where I had to pick the AMT version. I have owned and driven 4 types of automatics since 2006 - CVT, TC, DCT and now the AMT. My personal preference is the TC for a smooth experience.
However, if one is not a demanding driver and is willing to live with slower and noticeable shifts (which I am now), the AMT is quite ok. As I said before, the AMT is primarily for those on a budget.
wilful is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 08:48   #397
Senior - BHPian

Following Autocar's report a month ago about the Kiger's impending crash test result, Renault India's official Twitter handle has now hinted that the Kiger could be included in Global NCAP's next round of tests.

Cannot be confirmed since MG Motor India recently Tweeted similarly about the Hector's Global NCAP results but later deleted the Tweet and withdrew their statement.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:21   #398
BHPian

I took my Kiger CVT out for its first long(ish) drive to Devarayanadurga temple, which is a 200Km round-trip from home. The car was loaded with 4 adults and a kid. Was impressed by the ride quality at highway speeds. Handling was good enough for cruising (and not darting!) around bends.
Having been used to the DSG on the Octavia, the CVT was such a different experience . In 'normal' mode, accelerating past slow highway traffic needs a fair amount of calculation. Especially on the undivided 2-lane roads where you need to keep sufficient distance to oncoming traffic before moving to overtake.
I found 'sport' mode to be too aggressive and high-revving, which may not be healthy during the running in of the engine.
The biggest plus was how the car munched rough roads and potholes. The family in the back seat also did not feel unsettled when going over them. This car is a near-perfect choice for relaxed cruising and countering less than ideal road conditions.
A parting shot:
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210801_094940.jpg
nma83 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 12:35   #399
Senior - BHPian

Renault will soon launch a new variant of Kiger RXT (O), based on the RXT 1.0 NA engine option.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-renaultkigerrxtolaunchprice1068x580.jpg

Quote:
In Kiger’s line-up, RXT(O) will sit over the RXT trim and will cost INR 35K additionally (ex-showroom). Bookings of the RXT O will commence from 6th August.
Quote:
Some highlights of the RXT O trim would be Diamond Cut alloy wheels, PM 2.5 Filter, Tri-Octa LED Headlamps and a wireless smartphone replication system.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th August 2021 at 12:40.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 16:31   #400
Senior - BHPian

Renault Kiger RXT(O) launched; Price starts from Rs 7.37 lakh.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210805034700_20210218050444_renault_kiger_blue_front.jpg

Renault Kiger RXT(O) is solely available with 1.0-litre NA engine with both manual and AMT gearbox; can also be had be dual-tone color options.

The new Kiger RXT(O) sees the addition of the full-LED headlamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, a PM2.5 air filter and wireless smartphone integration over the RXT trim. On the exterior, the RXT(O) now looks identical to the top-spec RXZ trim.

The new RXT(O) trim is Rs 35,000 more expensive than the RXT, it is also Rs 54,000 more affordable than the RXZ trim. Bookings will commence from August 6, 2021.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th August 2021 at 16:35.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 20:26   #401
BHPian

I was hoping Renault will add some of the missing features like the Cruise Control, 360 degree camera etc which are already available in the Magnite. Just don't understand Renault's strategy with Kiger!

Surely they will have better numbers than nissan if they get the feature list updated.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th August 2021 at 10:26. Reason: Please start your post with a capital letter, especially *I*. Thanks.
ant_vas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 12:12   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
I was hoping Renault will add some of the missing features like the Cruise Control, 360 degree camera etc which are already available in the Magnite. Just don't understand Renault's strategy with Kiger!

Surely they will have better numbers than nissan if they get the feature list updated.
Yes, even the most common safety features available in Magnite automatic (CVT) variants, such as Traction Control, Hill Start Assist, etc. are a miss in Kiger AMT/CVT variants. These safety features would definitely influence customers to look at Kiger as a better option when they look for VFM sub 4m compact SUV.

Wondering why Renault has omitted them in Kiger?

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Sheel : 7th August 2021 at 10:29. Reason: Quoted post edited, Mod note attached. Thanks.
Old 7th August 2021, 10:20   #403
BHPian

@Wilful I came across your post a bit late. Thank you for walking us through your new car purchase experience. Always good to read about such an account. Your new acquisition looks good. I think you have a special liking for silver considering your Ecosport was silver too. The Kiger looks magnificent in the silver-black combination!

I was also on the lookout for a petrol automatic (TC only) in the last quarter of 2019 but eventually settled for Freestyle. It's perfect for my current usage but may have to shift to an automatic when I get back to city driving in a couple of years. After seeing the Kiger & Magnite I guess I am ready to settle for a CVT for affordability/the VFM these cars offer. Right now on the wait-and-see mode. Can extend the budget to 12L if a hybrid/electric hatchback/crossover comes up by then.
Old 7th August 2021, 16:42   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny_ace View Post
@Wilful I came across your post a bit late. Thank you for walking us through your new car purchase experience. Always good to read about such an account. Your new acquisition looks good. I think you have a special liking for silver considering your Ecosport was silver too. The Kiger looks magnificent in the silver-black combination!

After seeing the Kiger & Magnite I guess I am ready to settle for a CVT for affordability/the VFM these cars offer. Right now on the wait-and-see mode. Can extend the budget to 12L if a hybrid/electric hatchback/crossover comes up by then.
Thanks- happy you liked my review!
Yes - silver is indeed my preferred colour. I find it good to look at and easy to maintain. I didn’t opt for the dual tone - like you said it looks great - however, the black bits like the mirror makes even my single tone appear quite nice.
Let’s hope EVs get cheaper and more ‘real life friendly’ soon.
Old 16th August 2021, 20:40   #405
BHPian

Hi folks,

I’m in the market for a new car and I’ve narrowed it down to a Kiger automatic in RXT or RXZ trims. So far I’ve taken test drives in:

1. RXZ 1.0L MT
2. RXZ 1.0L Turbo MT
3. RXZ 1.0L Turbo CVT

Observations:

1. The Turbo engine is easily a lot more fun to drive.
2. The CVT is responsive enough that I won’t miss manual shifting.
3. The drive modes are nice to have. Eco mode is nice for stop-and-go city traffic, and Sport mode adds the fun back into the ride.

Concerns and decision factors:

The RXT models don’t have drive modes. I thought I saw review videos with an Eco button in the place of the rear defogger button, but the showroom’s RXT CVT didn’t have it, and the salesperson confirmed drive modes are exclusive to RXZ. Maybe it’s in another variant? It seems like there is performance locked away if the model doesn’t have Sport mode

I live in the middle of Bangalore and there’s at least an hour of stop-and-go traffic in every direction, so I’ll need automatic gearing for my sanity, and maybe Eco mode for the pocket. I don’t have a regular commute, so my expected use is (a) irregular short distance errand runs with family, (b) biweekly hour-long trips to friends and family, and (c) several long distance trips a year (200+ km).

Things I can’t tell from test drives:

1. What fuel efficiency improvements can I expect from using Eco in the city?
2. Will picking the Turbo engine negate that efficiency?
3. Should I say eff it and go for the RXZ CVT on the principle that I’ll forget the cost but experience the quality every time?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th August 2021 at 10:30. Reason: edited for sentence completion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks