Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Ford Figo / Aspire today?
Yes 226 74.10%
No 79 25.90%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 07:04   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-1.jpg

Bought this Ford Aspire 1.5L AT in 2016 for 8.X Lakhs (Employee discounts + 2015 end of year deal). The car serves my parents and it probably has done less than 25K Kms in 5 years. I can confirm the following,
  1. Most VFM and reliable Ford we've ever had. Not a single warranty repair or replacement. Visits the service centre only once a year.
  2. Most un-Ford Ford we've ever had. It's not FTD or confidence-inspiring.
  3. The DCT is surprisingly smooth in the city if used sedately. Treating it spiritedly like a VW DSG will lead to misery.
People in the market for an automatic small car with not high expectations can shortlist/consider it.

If it's the diesel then I'd actually recommend the Fiesta (Facelifted global one) which is a very rare but a much better car than the Figo/Aspire.

Tyre size upgrade is a MUST. Aftermarket springs are recommended. Both of these help to (but not completely eliminate) it's inherent handling handicap.
kiku007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post

I have a crazy plan to go for an engine swap in the future rather than buying a new car which is becoming a more unduely expensive proposition with each passing day.
I feel you.
So what engine are talking about swapping with? I really want that 3.2 5cylinder endy engine. What do you have in mind?
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:09   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
I feel you.
So what engine are talking about swapping with? I really want that 3.2 5cylinder endy engine. What do you have in mind?
That's a stunning idea. PM the info you have gathered on that.

I am dreaming about importing a Cummins R2.8 mated to a T56 transmission to swap in to my car. I want to get it done without altering the exterior looks of the car.

That customs on 'spares' imports are less shocking is also making this idea alluring.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 2nd December 2020 at 13:33.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:18   #49
BHPian

Voted an enthusiastic YES.

I own a figo 2011 diesel with close to 2L on the odo. Light on maintenance. The car has never let me down.. had even done a 1360kms in 21 hrs straight and did not feel any difference in the car. Do note I have always serviced and repaired n a Ford A.S.S and the experience was no different but great across 2 states (TS and TN). The car is well put together and there has been zero vibrations till date. My next car would be used Figo S Diesel as I think new ones are not available anymore
Ashwinbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:06   #50
BHPian

Voted "YES" for one of the best cars available in india. Although our naïve and uninformed public still carries the mentality and impression that ford vehicles are very costly to maintain and are beyond the reach of normal public. But after having owned multiple cars across different segment, i can safely say that it is just the opposite. And especially more so after driving this beast for 20000 kilometers and 3 services later.
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-img_0809.jpg

Bought the car in 2019 January for 7.50 lakhs on-road. Everything about this car is excellent. Also as mentioned GTO in the official review, it will actually bring a wide smile on the ghat section and can easily be said to be a SUV slayer on the twisty and curvy roads. Recently drove it to Kasauli and blindly trusting GTO's words, on the curves was confidently driving at around 70-80 without applying brakes. And trust me, there were no nervous moments, no tire screeches, very less body roll and no jerks etc. The electricals that come with a Titatnium+ Petrol(ABS+EBD, TCS, ARP etc) were totally in control. And the overall fuel efficiency obtained for a trip of 735 kilometers was a whooping 20.9 Kilometers to a liter.
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-mileage.jpg
su1978 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:20   #51
BHPian

Voted yes for the 1.5 TDCi. This sure is a hell of a motor. In fact I am looking out for a used one right now.
Have driven these many times rented from Zoomcar / Drivezy. If those ill maintained ones are so freaking crazy to drive, a new one would just make you fly off.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 03:30   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
In fact I am taking delivery of a pre-owned 2017 Figo Diesel MT Titanium tomorrow.
Can you share the details? I have finalised some but don't have much idea about the exact market cost.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd December 2020 at 03:39. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShrive View Post
Can you share the details? I have finalised some but don't have much idea about the exact market cost.
Hi,
Well, as mentioned its a 2017 May registered Diesel MT Titanium. I am the third owner now. I bought it from a Bangalore based Toyota Dealership's used car division. They did all the check on this car and gave it a rating of 4 out of 5. They valued it at Rs.4.75 lacs for buying and 5.5 lacs for selling(with a 6 month warranty on engine and transmission). The asking price at the showroom was 5.75 lacs + 7.5k for registration and handling charges. I negotiated and got a price of 5.30 lacs(including registration). Its done 49k on the ODO and needs the 50K servicing now(could cost about 10k). Tyres are good for another 15k kms, but I am not sure about the battery.
I took delivery yesterday and drove it to work today(about 120 kms on NH4). Its an absolute cracker of a Diesel Engine. I would call it a Diesel *BOMB*. The handlings' great too at 120+ speeds.

@Moderator, I wanted to reply privately to DriveShare, but couldn't figure it out. My apologies if I have posted multiple times on the same thread.
Old 2nd February 2021, 12:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Voted Yes but a conditional Yes.
- Only the Figo (Not Aspire or Freestyle)
- Only the 1.5 TDCi model (Won't even look at the petrols)
- Only the Old Titanium or new Titanium Blu (Auto Climate Control and Rear Wiper is essential for me) and of course the Diesel S if it can be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Our top choice would be the stonking 1.5L diesel,
A stage 1 Remap takes it to 130 BHP.

Quote:
A well-priced car in the used market. Extremely good value-for-money
Hell, it's well priced brand new too.

Quote:
• Aston Martin-esque face still looks very stylish!
• Well-packaged cabin offers good legroom, lots of features and a chilling air-con
• 1.5L diesel is a cracker of an engine. Will make you grin wide !

• Good ride quality & decent handling. You can have a lot of fun with these chuckable cars
• Titanium+ variant gets 6 airbags, while the 1.5 AT has ESP
• Features such as that awesome touchscreen HU, auto headlamps & wipers, reversing camera etc.
• Transparent + reasonable service costs
• Owners have reported good reliability with their Fords
Reasons enough to buy it.

Quote:
A remap will make the 1.5L diesel fly! Some members have even got lowering springs. That aside, the mod potential is similar to any mass market hatchback.
What I would do:
- Stage 1 or 2 Remap
- Lowering Springs (or suspension swap from the S)
- Nice Wheels (The Ecosport wheels really transform this car)

Quote:
If you get the rare Sports edition, pick it up with your eyes shut,
That's what I have been looking for but sadly almost impossible to find. I had a chance to buy it at a discount when still available. Don't know why I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Figo gives incredible value as a new car - the Titanium Blu Diesel with 6 airbags costs only 8.15 lakhs, cheaper than mid variants of some rivals.
So I wanted my garage to be like this:
1. Sensible primary car: I have an X1 for that.
2. Runabout car for wife: Currently have the Celerio but planning to replace it with a Mini.
3. Fun Car: 1 & 2 (Mini not Celerio) are reasonably fun cars and I would tinker around with them. So for remap, lowering springs etc and a car to thrash around I need a 3rd car. So I listed out my options:
- Baleno RS (2nd Hand) + Remap + Lowering Springs + FFE - Extremely difficult to find.
- Baleno Petrol + 1.4 Conversion + Remap + Lowering Springs + FFE - Don't know if it will be worth the effort.
- Baleno Diesel + Remap + Lowering Springs - Difficult to find as no one is selling.
- Altroz Diesel + Remap + Lowering Springs
- Altroz iTurbo + Remap + Lowering Springs
- i20 Turbo DCT + Remap + Lowering Springs
- Figo Titanium Blu TDCi + Remap + Lowering Springs + Ecosport wheels

The last 4 seem to be the realistic options with the Figo being the cheapest.

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 2nd February 2021 at 12:59.
pedrolourenco is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 20:12   #55
BHPian

Dear all,

I am selling my 2011 December Ford Figo Ex 1.4 Diesel, 70500 Kms based in Chennai
Please PM if anyone is interested.

Mods- Please remove if this is OT. My apologies.

Thanks
Anantha

Last edited by Ananthang : 2nd February 2021 at 20:26.
Old 2nd February 2021, 20:20   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
2011 December Ford Figo Ex 1.5 Diesel
Eihhh, 2011 with a 1.5 heart ??

You have the 1.4 and that is poles apart from the 1.5 mill.

Cheers.
Old 2nd February 2021, 20:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Eihhh, 2011 with a 1.5 heart ??

You have the 1.4 and that is poles apart from the 1.5 mill.

Cheers.
Oops that is my miss. It been a long time. Made a correction
Old 2nd February 2021, 20:58   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
Oops that is my miss. It been a long time. Made a correction
I think you still did not get it.

Your car and post does not belong to this thread.

Checkout the used car thread for selling it off and if it has been a long time from Montana, checkout the 1.5 mill, you'd know where I'm coming from.

Last edited by Torquedo : 2nd February 2021 at 21:01.
Old 7th February 2021, 14:23   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

A stage 1 Remap takes it to 130 BHP.
Any tuner preferences?

Quote:

What I would do:
- Stage 1 or 2 Remap
- Lowering Springs (or suspension swap from the S)
- Nice Wheels (The Ecosport wheels really transform this car)
Similar list for me too except for the lowered suspension since I'm currently in speed-breaker city. On an unrelated note, looking forward to chilling in South Goa's (especially Ponda and Agonda) roads in my Figo sometime later this year. An S model Ford would have been the icing on the cake for those roads.

Were you thinking about the gun metal rims from the Ecosport S? I actually didn't know that they were a direct swap. Would you be having some pics of any friend's Figo/ Aspire that has these rims, by any chance?

Quote:
That's what I have been looking for but sadly almost impossible to find. I had a chance to buy it at a discount when still available. Don't know why I didn't.
Newer diesel S Figos are rarer than a three rupee note. Getting one at a discount was even rarer- when we were purchasing our Figo, the S model wasn't discounted at all.

Quote:

- Figo Titanium Blu TDCi + Remap + Lowering Springs + Ecosport wheels
Would be eagerly waiting and subbing to your thread if you are going down this road. Requesting for swapping out the rear bumper to the earlier cleaner bumper like joelightspeed did and deleting the eyesore blu decals.
The Blu has a sync infotainment system, right?

Last edited by evilmessiah : 7th February 2021 at 14:26.
Old 7th February 2021, 17:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post
Any tuner preferences?
Code 6. They have already done a few Figo's in Goa. Besides they have a permanent representative in Goa whom I know quite well.

Quote:
Similar list for me too except for the lowered suspension since I'm currently in speed-breaker city.
Shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
On an unrelated note, looking forward to chilling in South Goa's (especially Ponda and Agonda) roads in my Figo sometime later this year. An S model Ford would have been the icing on the cake for those roads.
Not the best roads for driving.

Quote:
Were you thinking about the gun metal rims from the Ecosport S? I actually didn't know that they were a direct swap. Would you be having some pics of any friend's Figo/ Aspire that has these rims, by any chance?
Actually there a a few designs of alloys from the Ecosport which go well.
https://www.carblogindia.com/this-mo...from-ecosport/

Quote:
Newer diesel S Figos are rarer than a three rupee note. Getting one at a discount was even rarer- when we were purchasing our Figo, the S model wasn't discounted at all.
I've seen a few in Goa.

Quote:
Would be eagerly waiting and subbing to your thread if you are going down this road.
Yet to decide if will be a Figo or something else.

Quote:
Requesting for swapping out the rear bumper to the earlier cleaner bumper like joelightspeed did and deleting the eyesore blu decals.
That will definitely be done.

Quote:
The Blu has a sync infotainment system, right?
Not sure. I think they have deleted that feature. Anyway I'll swap it with an android unit of I don't like the stock unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-screenshot20200513at2.42.33pm1024x569.png  

pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks