Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Vehicle scrappage policy - Impact on Delhi-NCR cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
What you said is 100% true.
====
Attachment 2118969
So all hopes go down in drain, and the i might just only have 2-3 years with my beautiful car, I might just go ahead and buy an electric this time, i am not so sure if they will keep Petrol at 15 years once EV's hit the market

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th February 2021 at 11:36. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 18:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Hence please wait for the Finance Bill to be passed by the Parliament sometime around April 2021 and the fitness laws will have to be amended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dua View Post
So all hopes go down in drain, and the i might just only have 2-3 years with my beautiful car, I might just go ahead and buy an electric this time, i am not so sure if they will keep Petrol at 15 years once EV's hit the market
Despite the reservations expressed by the Delhi government and all their counter measures proposed to circumvent Central laws, please wait for the deadline for the new laws to become effective. Things could change for the better. Let us be optimistic. Maybe the Central laws prevail, despite the loud mouthed politicians and bureaucrats shouting out and saying all nonsense.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 18:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even I had my hopes up when I heard of this new policy, and you beat me to creating this thread

But looking at the responses here, I think they are right. Delhi NCR will remain unimpacted by this change.

Unlucky!
Old 8th February 2021, 18:32   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

It would be interesting to see the data for car sales in the Delhi NCR region after this rule has come into force. Have car sales reduced or not grown along the projected lines? Or have people started shopping from a segment below? From what I see, people have simply accepted this and life is going on as usual.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 00:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Even I had my hopes up when I heard of this new policy, and you beat me to creating this thread

But looking at the responses here, I think they are right. Delhi NCR will remain unimpacted by this change.

Unlucky!
Honestly still does not looks like a dead end, lets see what unfolds after policy is announced, even today i got a call from one of my cousin(drives Scorpio 2014 50k kms driven) that what is this noise about and i asked them to hold till the policy is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It would be interesting to see the data for car sales in the Delhi NCR region after this rule has come into force. Have car sales reduced or not grown along the projected lines? Or have people started shopping from a segment below? From what I see, people have simply accepted this and life is going on as usual.
People are just not buying the Diesels here, two of my mates got Innova petrol, all lux segments are petrol buys in my circle now. My BIL is contemplating selling his Fortuner 2015, just holding till this policy clears some air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Despite the reservations expressed by the Delhi government and all their counter measures proposed to circumvent Central laws, please wait for the deadline for the new laws to become effective. Things could change for the better. Let us be optimistic. Maybe the Central laws prevail, despite the loud mouthed politicians and bureaucrats shouting out and saying all nonsense.
Optimism is the way to go, some sense has to prevail, i mean so much for saving environment by not fully utilizing the resources already in hand.
M.Dua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 15:38   #21

Quote:
Dear Fellow Car Lovers, This is my first thread. I personally think I would be able to get the best clarity here on the painful dilemma i am in to sell my car or retain it.
=====
Does anyone has any clarity on this subject? What will happen if someone from another state, following the Vehicle Scrappage policy re registered his Diesel vehicle and is driving in Delhi?

Thanks in Advance !!

Hi. Most likely the policy will not change the ruling in Delhi NCR. It will remain 15 & 10 (petrol & diesel). The law in Delhi was established because of the pollution levels whereas the new policy is primarily to increase new automobile sales. So this unlikely to over rule NGT's policy.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th February 2021 at 16:44. Reason: Business promotion
Old 14th February 2021, 10:12   #22
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I don't understand that why there isn't an outcry from the public against this stupid rule? At least the 20 year scrappage policy has some logic behind it and I support it as well. However, the 10/15 banning hasn't even improved air quality or reduced pollution. NGT should feel great shame. I hope the cars of the members get stolen.
vredesbyrd is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 21:55   #23

What if you have a DL registered diesel car of more than 10 years, can you take it to another state and continue driving with DL no.
katochrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 00:40   #24
BHPian

I can see that there is still a lot of confusion amongst us; it is not clear if and when the new law comes into force will it work in our favour or will we be stuck with 15 years for petrol and 10 years for a diesel vehicle in Delhi NCR. I think it best to wait and watch for now. I too am one of those people who is very attached to his car and I don’t want to sell it before I want to.
RedPhobos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 09:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katochrishi View Post
What if you have a DL registered diesel car of more than 10 years, can you take it to another state and continue driving with DL no.
Yes you can drive it anywhere else apart from Delhi NCR but you will have to take an noc from the RTO delhi for the state you want to use it in and get it registered in that state, as the Delhi rto will close the vehicles file at 10 years after which there is no possibility of transfering ownership or renewing insurance.
Old 15th February 2021, 10:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshiSikha View Post
Hi. Most likely the policy will not change the ruling in Delhi NCR. It will remain 15 & 10 (petrol & diesel). The law in Delhi was established because of the pollution levels whereas the new policy is primarily to increase new automobile sales. So this unlikely to over rule NGT's policy.
Thanks, Yes i would register outside but will have to sell it anyway as any states vehicle will not be allowed to ply in Delhi, so i have another under 3 years with her.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th February 2021 at 16:45. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 15th February 2021, 13:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhobos View Post
I can see that there is still a lot of confusion amongst us; it is not clear if and when the new law comes into force will it work in our favour or will we be stuck with 15 years for petrol and 10 years for a diesel vehicle in Delhi NCR.
Nothing is definitive yet but given that the intent of scrappage policy is to help the auto industry and NCR is one of the biggest car markets in the country, it's unlikely that car owners will get any relief.

The expectation that buying a new car after scrapping the old one will be made lucrative by giving a very good scrap value or discount on new purchase is already belied. The govt. seems to be leaning towards using the stick only policy minus the carrot.
Old 15th February 2021, 16:36   #28

I think everybody is confused, nothing is clear. I bought a Nexon D in April 19 DL no. It is Registered upto 2034 ie 15 years. A friend bought Creta D in 18 , registered for only 10years. Maybe this has to do with engine capacity. Anything over 1.5 and 10years rule applies, anything below 1.5 and then 15 years rule applies. Would like other Diesel owners to check there RC's.
Old 15th February 2021, 17:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
as the Delhi rto will close the vehicles file at 10 years after which there is no possibility of transfering ownership or renewing insurance.
Delhi RTO is not giving NOC for any vehicle that's crossed 9.5 years. Officially they are not refusing but have come across a lot of folks who have been given a run around by the RTO.

For all practical purpose, best is to get NOC before the vehicle completes 9 years, else you'd be at the mercy of bureaucracy and may end up scrapping the vehicle.
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 18:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katochrishi View Post
I think everybody is confused, nothing is clear. I bought a Nexon D in April 19 DL no. It is Registered upto 2034 ie 15 years. A friend bought Creta D in 18 , registered for only 10years. Maybe this has to do with engine capacity. Anything over 1.5 and 10years rule applies, anything below 1.5 and then 15 years rule applies. Would like other Diesel owners to check there RC's.
Have a 2019 X1 with 2.0L D engine and the RC is registered till 2034

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks