Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 23:46   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
The IRVM on my 4 year old Dzire has started oxidising from the edges... It's really a worse quality car than the previous gen Swift VDI it replaced
Guess what, just today I noticed my 2 year old XL6's IRVM having the same issue.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 01:19   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Interior rattles are well known in Maruti Suzuki cars and most of them have learnt to live with it and funnily known as "free" accessory

Ok, this thread is not about the rattles..I am really disappointed with the poor quality interior parts in their premium Nexa cars like Baleno and S-Cross. I own both of them and have faced couple of issues.
That is new information, at least to me. I have been driving Maruti cars from the year 1996. Maruti 800, Alto, Dzire. Never faced these issues. Maybe these are Nexa issues? Or, in other words, high-end Maruti car issue?

I have been driving an S-Presso for the last six months - absolutely charming in city traffic. Nothing came out or opened up. It is AMT, so I barely need to touch the gear knob. Nevertheless, the interior is steady. The only issue I faced till date is that the andriod auto sometimes get stuck. I am pretty sure that it is computing resource crunch issue as this happens when a lot of things like map, spotify, voice search, blue tooth, android auto are going in parallel.
Old 7th November 2022, 20:15   #168

I have finalized the top end automatic variants of Maruti Ignis and Nissan Magnite. How does the interior build quality levels of Ignis compare to that of Magnite? Does Nissan have a satisfactory service network? I am looking for a compact car having good ground clearance and good visibility, for my city rides. I have Hyundai Alcazar for outstation trips.
Old 7th November 2022, 20:59   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanjoy View Post
That is new information, at least to me. I have been driving Maruti cars from the year 1996. Maruti 800, Alto, Dzire. Never faced these issues. Maybe these are Nexa issues? Or, in other words, high-end Maruti car issue?...

Maruti Suzuki's rattles are legendary. Like previously said, it is one of the features.
One example: The gear knob of in-laws' Wagon-R literally crumbled into my hand.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 21:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guess what, just today I noticed my 2 year old XL6's IRVM having the same issue.
The quality of Maruti cars has really gone to shit. Service quality and cost is also average at best. I see no reason to buy a Maruti anymore if an alternative is available at a similar price. I have several issues that haven't been solved after bringing them up during each service over the last 4 years.
Several places that aren't even touched frequently are wearing out their coating. This is in a car that has covered under 15k kms. Similar wear and tear in my sister in law's Baleno which is only 6 months older. Also the paint is very thin and weak and in many spots has been eaten through by regular stone chips and is rusting.

In fact my 11 year old 55k km Beat interiors are in better condition than this car which is larger and yet weighs 100kgs lower somehow
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 22:55   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Also the paint is very thin and weak and in many spots has been eaten through by regular stone chips and is rusting.
Agree on this too. I had posted pics earlier on this very thread where my 23 year old 800 had better paint thickness than my 2 year old XL6. And this issue of stone chipping is real, make any long drive and you have 3-4 spots to touch up later. Never have this issue on my Crysta or other older Marutis.

Just because their service, spares availability is good and cars in general are reliable, made me opt for XL6, which will be my last MSIL purchase I believe(unless I need a small city beater). I find the new Grand Vitara a disgrace to the name TBH and is flawed on many aspects. Stopping here else this post will surely be flagged down for off topic ranting.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 23:10   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanjoy View Post
That is new information, at least to me. I have been driving Maruti cars from the year 1996. Maruti 800, Alto, Dzire. Never faced these issues. Maybe these are Nexa issues? Or, in other words, high-end Maruti car issue?
You should definitely try taking a lottery, a jackpot may be. You are lucky multiple times. We had Alto WagonR, and Swift, all were rattle heros. During every service they would add some sponge at multiple places and after two days every rattle will be back to normal. A rattle in a Maruti is considered as part of car ownership, never a complaint.

Last edited by pavi : 7th November 2022 at 23:12.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 23:20   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Agree on this too. I had posted pics earlier on this very thread where my 23 year old 800 had better paint thickness than my 2 year old XL6. And this issue of stone chipping is real, make any long drive and you have 3-4 spots to touch up later. Never have this issue on my Crysta or other older Marutis.

Just because their service, spares availability is good and cars in general are reliable, made me opt for XL6, which will be my last MSIL purchase I believe(unless I need a small city beater). I find the new Grand Vitara a disgrace to the name TBH and is flawed on many aspects. Stopping here else this post will surely be flagged down for off topic ranting.

Regards,
Shashi
Got this car for my mom and she was insisting that it had to be a Maruti. I wanted to get the Ford Aspire 1.5 which wasn't for much more money but I guess that is a good and a bad thing.
Old 8th November 2022, 10:18   #174
BHPian

Not only the outer body of new Maruti cars are made out of thin metal, the interiors are equally poor quality as well.

Here is the interior of my Tincan (Baleno). To be honest, I am not trying too hard here. It is the slippery surface that makes me bit difficult to showcase.

Last edited by amvj : 8th November 2022 at 10:21.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 16:10   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti is now busy reporting high sales every quarter. But if unfortunately some Maruti hits something or gets hit by something, the exterior mostly gets out of shape. If not attended to, the dents (read wrinkles) make the car appear awful.

And if a careful owner preserves the car well over the years, minus any hits and dents (read wrinkles) the interiors in most cases get weathered, presenting a tired look due to usage.

Hence, if the Maruti exteriors don't get affected, the interiors do get affected with age. Even if exteriors endure, interiors don't. And if exteriors don't endure due to hits and misses, interiors too don't.

Must say that my 1987 Maruti 800 interior plastics and upholstery are still too good and not fit to be criticised, even since 35 years have passed. But, just after 5-6 years around 1992-93 due to an issue, I had disassembled the driver's side, door panel. The door lever and window glass operating mechanisms were rusting and both were of very poor quality.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 8th November 2022 at 16:13.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 22:47   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Solutions:

1. Door pad fabric :
That looks like neat work, if this was done in Bangalore - can you share the accessory shop address or name (for both steering leather and door pad fabric)?

Also, I am trying to search for the Part# for the GearKnob Holder (the plastic part as attached in the picture) - I have been searching for this part, looks like it comes with lever assembly and is not sold in Boodo for ciaz.
Attached Images

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st August 2023 at 06:48. Reason: Quote fixed
Old 21st August 2023, 04:12   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I just became a victim of this infamous interior plastic quality.
Were you able to fix this? I can't even seem to find the part number online.

Mod Note- Quote only the relevant portion while replying.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st August 2023 at 06:48. Reason: Quote fixed
Old 21st August 2023, 07:26   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Were you able to fix this? I can't even seem to find the part number online.
Dear Invidious, I tried reasoning with the service centre twice and they denied warranty claim stating that Maruti Suzuki does not provide warranty for broken plastic parts.

Part 1: Glove box lid soft opening mechanism is generally broken by most Arena mechanics. I am not the only one to whom they have done this. But the functionality of the glove box lid is not affected so I have stopped noticing it. New glove box lid is a cheap replacement but then they will again break it next time as well.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-box_glove-6786851/

Part 2: Replacement needs the entire front armrest center console replacement. I have not replaced it, again due to poor quality plastic parts supplied by Maruti Suzuki and the broken locking piece has now provided space for me to take power for the dashcam.

If you want part numbers, try posting here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...g-1-a-111.html (Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1))

Else, you need to buy S-Cross service manual or subscription of Boodmo to see part numbers on their website. I’d prefer getting the service manual/parts catalog booklet.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 21st August 2023 at 07:32.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:58   #179
BHPian

Hey Folks, My 2015 Baleno air vent clip gave up and I'm not able to adjust the airflow. Has anyone faced this issue, also if someone can share the part no. for the same? Thank you!
Old 21st August 2023, 14:10   #180
Senior - BHPian

In a follow up to my cribbing about Marutis poor quality cars, I had to get a complete repaint done for our 5 year old Dzire !! Other than the roof there was rust on pretty much every panel. I called my painter because I could see some rust forming under the paint on two of the doors near the window line. AS he was checking, we kept finding rust in more and more areas. This car also had an anti rust coating done at the time of delivery and then again around 2 years ago.
Never again going to buy a Maruti.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks