Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 23:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Seems the civic sales have made toyota reschedule their plans,the all new corolla is expected in march 2008, as revealed by toyota india chairman.

The Hindu : Business : Lanson Toyota opens new showroom
Old 30th August 2007, 01:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

i think the car would come out end of next year. the car would definately give honda some competition. if they do bring it with a diesel varient then it would have an edge over the others. the other factor is if they price it within the current price range and dont get too greedy.
Old 30th August 2007, 12:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Automotive News US has recently reported that the redesigned Toyota Corolla shall arrive in early 2008 with an edgier look and more powerful engines. Toyota's new 1.8-liter engine family, which debuts in the 2008 Scion xD, will come with the base model. It will make about 128 hp and 125 pounds-feet of torque. That's up slightly from the current Corolla, which has 126 hp and 122 pounds-feet of torque across the lineup. Higher-trim models will get the Camry's 158-hp, 2.4-liter four-banger, Toyota sources confirm. That version also gets a five-speed automatic. Those same engine choices will be available for the successor to the Corolla-derived Matrix five-door hatchback, which could be named Blade when it debuts about the same time as the redesigned Corolla.

The cars will ride on a 102.4-inch wheelbase, identical to the current Corolla. But the platform underpinnings will be significantly redesigned. Toyota delayed redesigning the Corolla by a year because its engineering resources were stretched thin working on other products.

Toyota will sell the old Corolla for part of the 2008 model year. The new version may carry a 2009 designation when it arrives.
Old 30th August 2007, 14:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Probable engines[for India]:
Diesel
2.0L D4D
Power-126bhp
Torque-300Nm
Thats the Innova engine in a different set of tune, Petes box gives similar figures to the Innova.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the innova engine with different configuration

Mr Busa sir, the Innova has 2.5ltr diesel engine.
The Innova diesel engine in Innova in Indonesia(sorry if my spelling is wrong) develops 26kgm of torque with some different ECU or something.
It can go even beyond that very easily.

But Yes Busa sir, you are perfectly right that the new corolla will have the 2.0ltr D4d engine with different confifugration. And if they consider the new elantra( which has no fixed date of launch) and Magnum, they might go for better i.e. variable vanes turbocharger, they they may have 130-135bhp. And that with toyota corolla will give civic some very stiff competetion along with others in the same segment.

Maruti's up coming A4 segment car will have the 1.9 JTd with 128 or 140bhp. Fiat will need this engine from maruti for Linea so they will give 140bhp configuration to suzuki.

So its now upto honda to give a better diesel engine.

And one more thing, GM sold Isuzu to Toyota. So as we all know that Isuzu is quite capable of developing a great diesel engine. If at all it(Isuzu) does this, then even Peugeot/fiat/audi/benz diesel engine watch out. Nobody will be able to match the 2.0 ltr isuzu diesel....
Old 14th September 2007, 02:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Toyota claim the next generation corolla is the hottest ever-Here's some of the reasons why

The new corolla is going to hit the indian shores[march 2008 seems the likely date] a bit about the interiors and features.

AB-i is standard on all new Corolla models, and delivers uncompromising stopping power in virtually any conditions.AB-i braking system combines Anti-skid Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD).

Now heres something the new corolla owners would like to show around a bit,

The Smart Entry and Start System -No need to physically use your key to unlock and start the car. Simply have it on you, and the car unlocks when you use the door handle, and starts at the push of a button.

The top end corolla will come with HID Auto-levelling headlamps, headlamp cleaners, rain-sensing wipers,16” alloy wheels and a flat rear floor, multi-function trip computer and anti-glare electro-chromatic interior mirrors,lexus like optitron combimeter, 6 speaker MP3 compatible CD player,Aux-in, steering wheel audio controls, Bluetooth compatibility.7 Airbags wonder how many that will become to when it comes to India.

It would have a six speed manual but auto -gearbox enthusiasts may be in for a disappointment with a 4 speed auto-gearbox.

Probable engines[for India]:
Diesel
2.0L D4D
Power-126bhp
Torque-300Nm

Petrol
1.8L Dual VVT-i
Power-130bhp@6,000rpm
Torque-173Nm@4400rpm

Dual VVT-i meaning valve timing is adjusted on both intake and exhaust valves,toyota claim this improves fuel efficiency and this car could even give the honda city[a C segment car] a run for its money in this area at the same time it is very powerful as D segmenter's should be.

For india however expect a lot more beige in the interiors:

Now thats a lot of toys ,have to see how toyota manages the pricing for India without compromising too much on the features cause toyota really need the corolla to click this time round.There's a car very much in this mold the skoda laura ,now again and again I ask would toyota do a skoda[sell both older generation and newer generation cars side by side].

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 14th September 2007 at 02:41.
Old 14th September 2007, 05:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

If all this comes then its going to out do the Civic with pure accleration

Quote:
Airbags wonder how many that will become to when it comes to India
Obviously two!!
Old 17th July 2008, 20:41   #53
BHPian

With hardly a few weeks to go, is it going to be August for sure?
Old 17th July 2008, 20:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
With hardly a few weeks to go, is it going to be August for sure?
Yes it is.Will be a good competition to Civic. Hope the pricing will be right.
Old 17th July 2008, 21:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

I feel by August end they will launch it because already many of us have seen New Corolla doing testing around Bangalore and Mysore.

Big discounts going on present Corolla indicates they are clearing the stock. Also Toyota badly need new corolla to fight with mainly Civic and Magnum.

New Corrolla is promising one I feel.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:04   #56
BHPian

AFAIK the corolla is coming with only the 1.8 VVT-i Gasoline Engine that is currently on the corolla being sold now.
Old 18th July 2008, 10:28   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
AFAIK the corolla is coming with only the 1.8 VVT-i Gasoline Engine that is currently on the corolla being sold now.
That will be really stupid for Toyota if they don't launch the diesel version.
Old 18th July 2008, 12:01   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like bookings have started... had some lady randomly comef rom the toyota dealership to our office requesting an appointment .
There was no boucher or info on her so i asked them to get back to me with the same before meeting.
Launch is 3rd week August.
Old 19th July 2008, 13:36   #59
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
That will be really stupid for Toyota if they don't launch the diesel version.
Bring out the 1.6L VVTi (since Vios seem to be nowhere in the horizon)
Old 28th July 2008, 12:09   #60
BHPian

well its pretty good looking-nice contours-the diesel would be a really good option and a competition for others like octi,magnum etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks