Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:54   #46
Senior - BHPian

BUT actually hyundai too manages to sell all its cars very well in all segments,even in D segment its no.2 .i believe it has done very well with the embera,its quite like the future accord (the spy pics of future accord are already posted on this forum).and so far except for hyundai & honda ,nobody has managed to tap the mid D segment market like this.
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
BUT actually hyundai too manages to sell all its cars very well in all segments,even in D segment its no.2 .i believe it has done very well with the embera,its quite like the future accord (the spy pics of future accord are already posted on this forum).and so far except for hyundai & honda ,nobody has managed to tap the mid D segment market like this.
Do you have numbers to justify that the embera is doing well?
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Do you have numbers to justify that the embera is doing well?
Yes, I would prefer to see the numbers. I guess I have seen more Camry's than the Embera's!
Old 23rd July 2007, 21:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

i know its waste of time making a statment without mentioning the numbers . but do i realy need to convince anybody that embera has done better than vectra or mondeo.mentioning camry and superb does not make sense as these cars are atleast 7-8 lacs expensive, so who is it after honda?
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:53   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Yes, I would prefer to see the numbers. I guess I have seen more Camry's than the Embera's!
I have seen ONLY ONE Emberra till now. Have seen three of the new gen Camrys
Old 24th July 2007, 00:24   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i know its waste of time making a statment without mentioning the numbers . but do i realy need to convince anybody that embera has done better than vectra or mondeo.mentioning camry and superb does not make sense as these cars are atleast 7-8 lacs expensive, so who is it after honda?
You can either compare it with other cars in the same price bracket (then the Laura out numbers it significantly besides the accord) or you will have to look at it from a segment perspective and there again the accord and the camry outnumber it..by a significant margin..

Besides coming last in a two or a three horse race is not a claim to fame ;-)
Old 24th July 2007, 10:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

isnt laura supposed to compete with the civic,afterall its just a facelifted octavia (ofcourse i dont deny that laura is loaded with lots of goodies)
Old 24th July 2007, 10:09   #53
BHPian

By the way, since the launch, i have seen only ONE diesel version of the embera which is pretty surprising.. Thought there would be more uptake of that version, but with it being priced the same as an accord, the snob value & other classy features overtakes FE matters..
Old 24th July 2007, 11:27   #54
Team-BHP Support

Embera was selling some 100 units a month last time I checked. If there has been some reversal in fortunes.... I don't know
Old 24th July 2007, 11:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

the reason i made such a statement is that ,on my way from airport road to MG road i get to see a lot of emberas, just too many of them,maybe 12-16 in one trip, many are new but i get to see a new carmy maybe once in four trips or not at all.i admit, i see good number of old camrys as well. but i certainly see more emberas the new gen accords or new gen camrys.maybe because some people dont like the new tail lamps of the accord.embera's tail lamps are similer to those of older accord.
Old 24th July 2007, 11:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen ONLY ONE Emberra till now. Have seen three of the new gen Camrys
Quote:
Embera was selling some 100 units a month last time I checked.
No of toyota camry's sold [june 2007] -> 70
Hyundai sonata -> 67
Honda accord -> 260

Source: SIAM data
Old 24th July 2007, 11:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
You can either compare it with other cars in the same price bracket (then the Laura out numbers it significantly besides the accord) or you will have to look at it from a segment perspective and there again the accord and the camry outnumber it..by a significant margin..

Besides coming last in a two or a three horse race is not a claim to fame ;-)

camry is far from out numbering embera.the old camry did well because
mainly they were bought as taxis on airports,hotels or private services. but nobody seems to prefer new camry for the very same job today
Old 24th July 2007, 12:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

if we see the sales as shown by rahul intlad i am proved wrong,or maybe the truth of my statement is limited to bangalore.
can you do me a favour by posting the number of lauras sold aswell ?
Old 24th July 2007, 14:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Hyundai sonata -> 67
Source: SIAM data
It will be interesting to see the mix between petrol and diesel. Six to eight months ago, they were really dropping prices of the petrol versions - i checked on their diesel version recently, and there are no discounts / distress signs as yet..
Old 24th July 2007, 16:04   #60
BHPian

Does GC become a non-issue in this segment?

A thought struck me that in the Civic posts, there is a lot of mention about the low GC despite it being 170mm.

The embera has a 170mm GC, the Accord 155mm, the Camry 160mm and though there is mention occasionally of FE, there is hardly if not no mention of GC. In this segment is it a non-issue as compared to lower segments? Or despite the low GC figures, it is not as bad as the Civic or other similar vehicles?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks