Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Skoda Superb today?
Yes 231 54.23%
No 195 45.77%
Voters: 426. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2023, 10:26   #61

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week | Buying a Used Skoda Superb (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Isn't it a little too high for the Style variant?
Also given that the new owner will need to shell road tax for the next 5 /10 years which will be a percentage of the invoice value of the car. And most likely it will be out of warranty.

Straight answer - Not sure but the car can be looked at especially given that its a very low mileage car and also because the engine is a stonker (350 Nm torque at 1500 rpm) and these cars returning phenomenal mileage.
It's actually the sportline variant. They labelled it wrong while posting the ad. You can see the alcantara bucket seats in the pictures.
Old 1st April 2023, 12:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_WAYNE View Post
It's actually the sportline variant. They labelled it wrong while posting the ad. You can see the alcantara bucket seats in the pictures.
Style variant became Sportsline in 2019/2020. Its the base variant and is about 2-3L cheaper than the L&K.

I bought last March a 50K Kms done 3.5 yr old Passat Highline ( equivalent to Superb L&K and some more features) with 15 year tax paid and having extended warranty at 20.5L. So yes the price is high.
MileCruncher is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 22:56   #63
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Also, one-liner posts are best avoided.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2023 at 11:37.
MotorDev is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th May 2023, 20:03   #64

Pre-owned 2018 Superb Style 1.8 AT. Should I buy ?

Now this has been addressed before in other threads (like this one (Used Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI AT - Buy or run away?) ). But asking again, as the problems mentioned about the 1.8 DSG are generally for the older versions. I don't see any documentation around the 2018 or higher models. I have test driven the vehicle, drives excellent. Very smooth and silent. Interior, exterior and performance (break bite is excellent, accelerator pedal is slightly heavy, automatic gear box is really slick) speaks about how the car has been well maintained. The 5 year old car has done around ~32k kms. The owner has actually purchased an E-class in Bangalore from Sundaram motors and has exchanged his used superb. The dealer does not deal in non-mercedes vehicles except in this rare situation. The owner has retro-fitted infotainment system (I guess OEM system, will have to double check) to make up for few missing things in comparison to the L&K variant. The seats are also in very good condition, indicating the car has not been used rigorously.

Few things to note:
- Given the older superbs had a bit harder suspension, i could notice little jerks here and there and also some cabin noise when going through bumpy roads. The dealer's SA confirmed there is some work required in the engine mount.
- The 1.8 AT DSG Box is known for being notorious and having failures. (want to confirm if it was solved for 2018 and older versions).
- I'm pending detailed checkup at the skoda service station, but the SA has promised that the car has not been touched outside the skoda authorized service station and has full service history available.
- They are quoting 21.5 lakh (KA registered) for the car. I feel like not paying more than 14 (max 15 lakh) for the car to keep 2-3 lakhs in backpocket for sudden repairs and replacements and given the car is 5 years old.
- The car had some damages on the front bumper which was repaired before it was given to the showroom for resale. It has been painted outside skoda for one of the parts in it's history.

I've always been a fan of SUVs given i have done more than 30k kms of road trip in India in the past 2 years. I currently own a Nexon which is driven 37k in the last 1.5 years. I wanted to go for the harrier, almost booked it, as it's practical for Indian roads, specially in long trips. But the moment i laid my eyes on the superb, my childhood dream got revived, when i drove it, i just can't sleep without the superb in my garage. Awful feels like an impulsive decision, but just can't help it after driving the 1.8 TSI.

Questions:-
- Given the details of the 5 year old superb, should i go ahead and buy it ?
- If yes, what should be the correct price for the car ?
- Are the 1.8 AT DSG issues resolved for 2018 or higher models ?
- Without any warranty left on the car, is it practical to buy this car ?
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week | Buying a Used Skoda Superb (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20230429-10.18.05-pm.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week | Buying a Used Skoda Superb (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20230429-10.18.05-pm-2.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week | Buying a Used Skoda Superb (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20230429-10.18.05-pm-1.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week | Buying a Used Skoda Superb (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20230429-9.46.44-pm.jpeg  

Old 6th May 2023, 14:31   #65

Re: Pre-owned 2018 Superb Style 1.8 AT. Should I buy ?

Quick update: I paid for the skoda check up (~3500) and the service engineer informed about mandatory replacement of Thermostat, water pump, drive shaft and battery costing a total of roughly 1.5 lakh rupees. There are other repairs like running board and door denting painting. Replacement of wiper blade, front and rear brake pad, wheel arch, disc plates and fog lamps. Apart from the 1.5 lakh mandatory cost, nothing is mandatory. The dealer had initially quoted 21.5 La and is now saying they themselves have purchased the car for 17.5 so that cannot sell for less than that.
The service engineer suggested I should not buy the car for more than 9-10 lakhs. Wondering what should i do ?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th May 2023 at 15:25. Reason: You don't need to qoute your own post/reply
Old 19th May 2023, 15:23   #66
BHPian

Hey folks,

I am currently looking at a used (2019 Manufactured) Feb 2020 Registered Superb 2.0 TDI driven about 65K and having an extended warranty till 2026. The asking price is 31L. No way the dealer is fetching that price. I want BHPians opinion on this pre-owned example. I plan to keep this car for about 6-7 years.

P.S - This car was offered with heavy discounts during the BS4 to BS6 transinion phase and I, myself had purchased a Rapid during that time and I was offered a stellar deal. Asking around I got to know that the on-road price was around 35L.

Last edited by Downshift98 : 19th May 2023 at 15:47. Reason: Spelling correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks