Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 18:35   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TSI Facelift to be launched by the end of 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp_10 View Post
This the 2017 OG Kodiaq not the Facelifted 2021 Kodiaq. This channel has stolen footage from other channels!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 00:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Big SUVs and petrol engine - while it may seem like a good option for those who have limited runs in a week or a month or a year, mammoth sized SUVs surely needs a diesel mill like a locomotive! Torque addiction of a diesel cannot be replaced by petrol no matter how powerful or refined it gets (not talking about big petrols)!

I sincerely wish their TDI engines make a comeback soon enough.
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 01:27   #18
BHPian

I think Skoda has made up their mind, higher profit, lower volumes. Nothing else explains the pricing of octavia and kushaq. They are trying to project themselves as a value proposition by projecting 20% lower price viz a viz Germans.

IMHO, even though its almost 15 years since they ve been in India, they still haven't grasped the pulse of the market. On the otherhand,. Koreans are killing it. He'll in fact, Merc is killing it by launching endless models after models! Inspite of higher taxes, lower volumes etc. They aren't making any excuses.

I hope common sense prevails at VAG if they are looking for volumes and deeper penetration in Indian market.
sidharthg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 14:36   #19
BHPian

It has been an very long wait for this car - almost ~1.3 years when it gets launched. I need an 7 seater (kids will use the 3rd row) and have an budget of ~45 lacs. I am leasing from my firm so cannot do pre-owned.

The big SUVs (Fortuner & Endeavor) are too big and clumsy - me & wife are 5'4" and we felt like climbing stairs to sit inside the Fortuner (with heavy breathing after sitting the drivers seat ) . My wife did not every try.

Leaves me with Allspace and Kodiaq. Amazed at the lack of choice in this price range. I like the Skoda outside and inside over the Allspace. Thankfully the pandemic and work from home has not made the buy urgent and local runs are covered with my wife's Nano. Hired / rented for couple of long distance travels.

Eagerly waiting for this to get launched and hopefully the L&K version with all bells and whistles too.
pk1972 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 20:27   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

THE NEW ŠKODA KODIAQ: 60-Second Review

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 20:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sedans are a lost cause and I think they might not anticipate large volumes - so why not cash in? However, SUVs are a diff ball game. I have a feeling they will do a coup here and launch the Kodiak at around 30L ex-showroom. The softroader SUVs have much better profit margins and they can get higher volumes. Atlleast 500-600 units are guaranteed if they price 20% under the Fortuners and Endeavours.
Old 13th July 2021, 21:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I have a feeling they will do a coup here and launch the Kodiak at around 30L ex-showroom.
Oh wow that's super optimistic. I think the Kodiaq will start 2L above where the Superb ends - same clichéd marketing strategy of how it's more luxurious and (sadly) more pricey.

All show, no go
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 23:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
THE NEW ŠKODA KODIAQ: 60-Second Review

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=m_zaaWX9JbE
That VRS looks fantastic...!! A bit of extra grunt is always appreciated. Any news if they would launch the VRS in India?
Old 14th July 2021, 00:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
That VRS looks fantastic...!! A bit of extra grunt is always appreciated. Any news if they would launch the VRS in India?
They would love to launch the VRS here, but the only problem is who is going to buy it? They had a hard time moving the Octavia VRS off the stores, a performance SUV? Forget about it.
Old 14th July 2021, 00:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
They would love to launch the VRS here, but the only problem is who is going to buy it? They had a hard time moving the Octavia VRS off the stores, a performance SUV? Forget about it.
The VRS is about 3K GBP more expensive than the L&K version. So if they price it 2-3 Lakhs more than the L&K variant, you're getting a 250 bhp SUV for less than 40L ex-showroom.

There's not another SUV in this price range offering this kind of power and comfort. I think it will appeal to some folks.
Cavityavenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 13:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp_10 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=FjxIXi4IwaI

Hope they dont do the 50L+ OTR pricing like folks claim and price it aggressively.

Trivia: The car is named after the Kodiak Alaskan bear. Amazing naming I feel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodiak_bear
This is not 2021 facelift but an old car. You can see the review of a new car at
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 09:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
The VRS is about 3K GBP more expensive than the L&K version. So if they price it 2-3 Lakhs more than the L&K variant, you're getting a 250 bhp SUV for less than 40L ex-showroom.

There's not another SUV in this price range offering this kind of power and comfort. I think it will appeal to some folks.
You misunderstand what I said. Would you buy a 250 hp petrol SUV which will return miserable FE? India doesn't have a lot of people who'd be okay with it. I know a few Fortuner owners who are horrified by the FE. You can only figure how a petrol performance SUV would behave.
I wouldn't blame Skoda for never launching it here, it makes little sense for them.
amitverma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 10:20   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Sedans are a lost cause and I think they might not anticipate large volumes - so why not cash in? However, SUVs are a diff ball game. I have a feeling they will do a coup here and launch the Kodiak at around 30L ex-showroom. The softroader SUVs have much better profit margins and they can get higher volumes. Atlleast 500-600 units are guaranteed if they price 20% under the Fortuners and Endeavours.
I think pricing it around 30 lakh would be dream for many potential customers such as yours only but the Kodiaq is a 7 Seater AWD SUV , sharing many of its parts with the Tiguan AllSpace which is itself priced around 34-Lakh Ex-Showroom , We can expect it to charge a premium of upto 3-4 Lakh more than the Allspace so I expect it to be priced around 37-38 Lakh Ex-Showroom.

T-Bhpians can shed some more light on it.
darknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 15:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I expect it to be priced around 37-38 Lakh Ex-Showroom.
This is quite possible. If I remember correctly , Kodiaq L&K was 45L on road in Bangalore. I expect the newer L&K to cost between 48-49L ( +-1L ).

Its a great looking car and deserved that pricing. Except the badge value, it has everything that a 60-70L car offers.
Old 25th July 2021, 23:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
This is quite possible. If I remember correctly , Kodiaq L&K was 45L on road in Bangalore. I expect the newer L&K to cost between 48-49L ( +-1L ).

Its a great looking car and deserved that pricing. Except the badge value, it has everything that a 60-70L car offers.
The earlier L&K was diesel and the new one will be Petrol so expecting it to be 44-45 lacs on-road Bengaluru.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks