Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2021, 23:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Delhi: NO2 emissions rise by 125% in 1 year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
There is another route which I dread might be taken:
  1. Some learnt person in some court decides ICE can be registered on odd days/months/years only and EV can be registered on all days.
  2. Govt keeps increasing prices of Petrol and diesel that one liter costs over 150 rupees. When i bought my first car in 2010, petrol was around 42 rupees. By 2015 price was 61 in Delhi. In next 5 years if price increase by 50% from current of 93 (Delhi price), 150 is easily achievable.
  3. Lastly someone bans ICE with " Aaj raat 12 baje se.."
But I hope we take a more measured approach and plan properly before moving forward.
Using my quote from another tread, I have been pushing my purchase of ICE car to future where some clarity emerges. Now this is quite bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
COVID Lockdown brought out many unexpected once-in-lifetime things. So, that period can't be used as base to logically compare the regular scenario.
If we look at all the quarterly results for all listed companies, we compare last year's quarter to this year's quarter. That's why Quarter 1 results for 2021(partial lockdown) are lot better than Quarter 1 results of 2020 (complete lockdown).
Old 13th July 2021, 08:07   #17
BHPian

Well they have published the data, while the data "may" be correct and not disputing that.
Unless we are able to co-relate the causes like
a) economic activity was far more vigorous during April'21 compared to April'20,
b) crematoria were the major sources of No2 during '21 etc.
It appears there is no basis to arrive at conclusions, they have, that we need to switch to renewable energy.

Switching to a greener alternative is welcome, but, for a scientific study, the inferences should be backed by data. In this case there is no data presented to substantiate that "switch to solar and wind....building efficient public transport, cycling and pedestrian friendly cities" would make good the jump we see in the NO2 increase.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi: NO2 emissions rise by 125% in 1 year-n02.png  

Old 14th July 2021, 12:54   #18
AZT
BHPian

I remember reading somewhere excess cremations during March, April, May will have their effect on pollution. Delhi being land locked adds to the pain as neighboring states may as well be contributing to this.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks