Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:49   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sarathi Driving Licence services completely online | How to guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Seems to be on track. I’ve informed the postman to let me know the moment the DL arrives. Fingers crossed!
New DL with updated address arrived yesterday by Speed Post! Consider me thoroughly impressed by the new digital RTO

I received an SMS update from India Post about the delivery failing last evening and immediately checked Sarathi where the status had been updated to "Licence Dispatched". Strangely enough no SMS alert from RTO despite earlier stages being updated. In any case, a visit to the PO this morning ensured that I have possession of my DL.

One tip: when updating in DigiLocker, the "Refresh Document" feature doesn't seem to work to display the updated details. Possibly because the mapping is through the old RTO? The solution is to delete the old DL and then add the new one again. Change in address is immediately reflected.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 15:50   #47
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Well, at least in BLR, for an IDP, one still needs to visit the RTO, AND, it a free slot is not available for days.

Last edited by nidhikapoor : 3rd September 2021 at 15:55.
Old 4th September 2021, 18:09   #48
BHPian

One question regarding the Form 1A ( medical certificate), does this need to be signed specifically by a Govt. Doctor or any MBBS doctor can sign and stamp? I have submitted my Mother in Law's application online using an MBBS doctor's sign and stamp at MH02 RTO. Waiting to see how this goes ahead.
Old 4th September 2021, 18:59   #49
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
One question regarding the Form 1A ( medical certificate), does this need to be signed specifically by a Govt. Doctor or any MBBS doctor can sign and stamp? I have submitted my Mother in Law's application online using an MBBS doctor's sign and stamp at MH02 RTO. Waiting to see how this goes ahead.
In BLR, a few years ago they were accepting any docs signature, but now again are insisting on a govt doc. Better to get a govt docs, just to avoid a wasted trip.
nidhikapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 20:45   #50
BHPian

In 2021 my wife renewed her MH-issued smartcard DL in KA (since we live in Blore now). The process was initiated totally online. Outlining steps below:

1) Visit https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...teSelection.do and choose state (viz. target state, ie. KA in our case) and click on "Apply for DL Renewal". When she went through the motions and specified the erstwhile DL as an out-of-state DL and the present address as a KA address, it automatically added an additional service of "change of address", besides "DL renewal".

2) In the online process, it generated the pre-filled forms automatically. We printed all the generated forms (incl ack). For the Form-1A that it generates (medical certificate), she printed it and got it signed by a govt doc (usually located near RTO). This hardly took 5 minutes.

3) Thereafter when you resume the same online process (you can resume at any stage by starting from main page and choosing "Complete your Pending Application"), when prompted, she opted for the RTO nearest to us, bcoz she did have to go there eventually mainly to do the biometrics (it's just a max 30 mins work there). So its better to choose a nearby one.

4) Scan the signed Form 1A and an address proof, and make sure each is less than 50 KB in size. Also keep scanned pics of photo and signature, each being less than 20 KB in size. All these guidelines are clearly indicated on the upload page, don't worry.

5) Upload these when prompted.

6) Do the online fee payment. Remember to print the fee payment receipt and take it to the RTO (see next point)

7) Book the RTO appointment slot. This was the only odd step. Rest of the steps were integrated like a good workflow, but for the "RTO slot booking" you need to go back to the main starting page and choose Appointments->SlotBooking->"DL Services Slot Booking". Do NOT accidentally click the "DL Test Slot Booking". Print the slot booking confirmation and go to the RTO at the appointed time, along with fee payment receipt and other docs, incl originals, for biometrics.

Thats it. She got the appointment for the same day. Super smooth. Pls avoid touts and agents. There's absolutely no reason to use them nowadays. No need of any NOC from MH etc, as in the old days.

Last edited by vharihar : 4th September 2021 at 21:14.
vharihar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 22:13   #51
BHPian

I have gone through all the steps for taking appointment for my father. Do we need to take printouts of any forms to the RTO appointment? This is for RTO Jayanagar, Bangalore.
Old 5th September 2021, 09:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I have gone through all the steps for taking appointment for my father. Do we need to take printouts of any forms to the RTO appointment? This is for RTO Jayanagar, Bangalore.
Some forummers have stated that you don't need to visit RTO. In our case, we did have to. Perhaps it depends on whether biometrics is already on file or not.

If you do need to go, then yes, you need to take all the forms that the online process generated, besides other stuff as detailed in my earlier post.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 14:34   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I am making a trip to the RTO tomorrow for submitting the original license. I think this process is not entirely online and still requires one visit to the RTO. I have a bunch of other things lined up too. So will visit nonetheless.
Quote:
Another update on this: still well within the 20-day SLA but I got an SMS alert the very next day that my address change application had been verified.

Seems to be on track. I’ve informed the postman to let me know the moment the DL arrives. Fingers crossed!
Quote:
New DL with updated address arrived yesterday by Speed Post! Consider me thoroughly impressed by the new digital RTO
Thanks Noop for updating us that a visit to the RTO was due.

We did make a trip for two applications. One for my wife's name change and address update from Bombay to Pune. Second for my father in law's DL renewal and address change.

At the RTO counter, we submitted all of the documents that we had previously uploaded online. Each of them had to be self attested. Do ensure that you take two copies of your online payment receipt / acknowledgement. This is required because you can double it up as a DL till they send across a new DL to you.

For my father in law's application we previously had a local doctor sign and stamp form 1A which I had forgotten to carry along. Therefore, we went to one of the agents who gladly printed and stamped the form for us with a doctor's seal. Later we realised this was not going to help much.

My wife got an update that her application was approved and the DL endorsements were confirmed.

My father in law got an sms that read:

"Your Application No: xxxxxxxxxxx for Scrutiny is pending due to re-upload of docs: Medical Certificate-Form1A For more details visit: https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar....do?u=xxxxxxxx MoRTH"

So we visited the RTO this morning and got the Form-1A re-printed and stamped from the same RTO agent. Once we did, I converted it to PDF and uploaded it on the Sarathi portal using the link received in the SMS.

I am guessing we won't have to re-visit since the certificate that we physically submitted and uploaded today has the same doc's name and registration number.

Hopefully his application should go through as well.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 12:32   #54
BHPian

My DL license was due for renewal but I am in Bangalore now and wanted to avoid moving the DL to Bangalore since that would also require a visit, etc. I just submitted an online application for renewal at the old address (within DL) and my license was renewed within a few days. The online license issued on mparivahan app and digilocker are now legally valid and you don't really need a physical copy. I was lucky that I was also able to get someone to forward the physical copy that came to the old address but it wasn't really required.
Old 2nd February 2022, 16:10   #55
BHPian

Has anybody recently managed to get a DL extract in person from an RTO? I tried the online DL services on vahaan but unfortunately, the details of my non chip LMV licence issued by Alipore (WB02) RTO twenty years ago is not available in the vahaan database.

Will be great if somebody can chip in with the process and the forms to be filled
Old 3rd February 2022, 07:39   #56
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Will be great if somebody can chip in with the process and the forms to be filled
If your licence record isn't available online you need to initiate the "backlog entry" process so that the digitised data is updated in the system. You can do it by visiting your License issuing RTO with a request letter and copies of license or do this online on parivahan (if the state RTO supports the feature).
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:01   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If your licence record isn't available online you need to initiate the "backlog entry" process so that the digitised data is updated in the system. You can do it by visiting your License issuing RTO with a request letter and copies of license or do this online on parivahan (if the state RTO supports the feature).
One of my friends had to be at KA05 (Jayanagar RTO) recently so I asked him to check about adding my wife's 2004 DL issued there into the digital database so that we could get the address changed to MH12, where we reside now. All it takes apparently is a copy of the original license and address proof (Aadhar card) to be submitted at the issuing RTO.

My friend even got me an agent contact but advised that it can be done by ourselves, so will do it next time we are in Bangalore (her DL expiry is still a couple of years away).

Last edited by noopster : 3rd February 2022 at 11:22.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:53   #58
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All it takes apparently is a copy of the original license and address proof (Aadhar card) to be submitted at the issuing RTO.
Yes we had it done for wifey's license in 2020. At that time I wasn't aware that the backlog entry (heck didn't know it was called that back then!) could be initiated online since I was trying to start the renewal process and it said something like the license was duplicate or something to that effect So visited the RTO and submitted a letter with the copy of license. After a week, it was added and then I could proceed with initiating renewal process online. That's when I realised there was an online option for the backlog entry service as well!

Last edited by NPV : 3rd February 2022 at 11:54.
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:09   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. My wife's license record is not available online. It's from KA05 RTO. I need to initiate backlog entry.
I think Karnataka is not allowing us to do online.
Need to go to RTO with a request letter. This is the message I got
Attached Thumbnails
Sarathi Driving Licence services completely online | How to guide-licmsg.jpg  

kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 13:43   #60
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's when I realised there was an online option for the backlog entry service as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I think Karnataka is not allowing us to do online.
Need to go to RTO with a request letter. This is the message I got
I saw the link and assumed Karnataka has that service online, thanks for confirming
So yes a visit to the RTO will fix this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks