Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2022, 10:37   #676
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by revverend View Post
2. My SA and other OEM sales advisor's have mentioned that we need to go to the RTO physically to pay the tax at the end of 2 years and it is a cumbersome process. I am not sure if this is true or it was suggested to me to dissuade me from BH registration. As it has not been 2 years since BH has been introduced, only time will tell. Anyone has heard an alternate version ?
The BH notification says that tax can be paid online and you can pay in multiples of 2 years. So no. You do not have to visit the RTO.

ALso, almost all states are taking tax on Ex-showroom price and not on invoice value.
Samrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 12:14   #677

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

We were trying to get a BH number plate from Goa. Both wife and I work for same company and she has a local address proof to buy from Goa. We got our letter from company of it present in more than 4 states but were denied because the company does not have a branch in Goa. Very disappointed !

Anyone faced similar asks when trying to get from their origin states and not where they work.
rkponders is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:32   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
We were trying to get a BH number plate from Goa. Both wife and I work for same company and she has a local address proof to buy from Goa. We got our letter from company of it present in more than 4 states but were denied because the company does not have a branch in Goa. Very disappointed !

Anyone faced similar asks when trying to get from their origin states and not where they work.
Others can chime in but AFAIK, company has to have office in the state where BH registration is sought. Let us wait what other experts here have to say.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 01:16   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
I got BH registration 20 days back for my new car in my home state (UP) as my work state doesn't allow BH registration as of yet. I submitted Form 60 given by my organization having details of its multiple state office addresses (which didn't have any UP address and I am not aware of my company's office in UP too).

Since BH is a new option with fine layers of rules, I feel the authorities handling your case are simply being over cautious. I suggest you purchase your car from the neighboring states which allow BH registration.
AMG1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 10:49   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
I got BH registration 20 days back for my new car in my home state (UP) as my work state doesn't allow BH registration as of yet. I submitted Form 60 given by my organization having details of its multiple state office addresses (which didn't have any UP address and I am not aware of my company's office in UP too).

Since BH is a new option with fine layers of rules, I feel the authorities handling your case are simply being over cautious. I suggest you purchase your car from the neighboring states which allow BH registration.
Interesting ! Many states are wanting to have the person working in that state. We were very disheartened when Goa RTO refused. This is something no one wants to take a chance as you said.
Old 29th June 2022, 11:17   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revverend View Post
1. Regarding the BH Registration tax amount, we have recently purchased a Honda City ZX CVT 5th Gen last week in Noida RTO. The tax charged is as follows :

Invoice price : 10.49L
Discounts (w/o tax) : (-) 0.13L
Discounted Invoice : 10.37L
Add on tax : 4.67L (14% CGST+14%SGST+17%Cess applied on 10.37L)
Net Ex-showrooom price : 15.04L

BH Registration for first 2 years charged : 18087 (As per message from UP RTO)

If we go by the formula of (1.25*10% of Invoice price*2)/15 it comes to ~17500 considering invoice price of 10.37L. This comes close to the 18087 charged

If this was applied on ex-showroom price, it comes to 25305. Unsure why other state RTOs are calculating tax on ex-showroom price when the gazette notification clearly says invoice price

2. My SA and other OEM sales advisor's have mentioned that we need to go to the RTO physically to pay the tax at the end of 2 years and it is a cumbersome process. I am not sure if this is true or it was suggested to me to dissuade me from BH registration. As it has not been 2 years since BH has been introduced, only time will tell. Anyone has heard an alternate version ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Looks like the calculations are based on ex-showroom price for now. The quote provided to you also seems to be correct based on online calculators.
Yes you will be paying 64k every 2 years for 7 years and then 32k per year going forward. Depreciation is not taken into account.

Attachment 2323081

Source: https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....bhn&Itemid=488
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
I got a quote from Karnataka too. Its the same case there. No one is taking the invoice price excluding gst!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
Dealer's RTO guy is yet to provide the calculations. However, he did confirm it is going to be on the ex-showroom price incl GST in Maha he has no clue about other states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
Did you get any quote from any dealer, I got quotes from volkswagen, skoda, and honda. All of them said that the MH RTOs are taking the ex showroom price into consideration and not the invoice price excluding gst.

I had actually complained on the Parivahan site for the same and I got the reply that tax is the purview of the concerned RTO. So we need to take it up with the RTO for the same. Planning to go ahead with it.
Old 4th July 2022, 00:13   #682
BHPian

Question: What is the status on resale of BH registered cars? Can the buyer be anyone? The reason I ask is that I am in Karnataka and very cheekily they are not allowing private employees to get BH registration. Is it possible that I buy someone's BH registered car?
Old 6th July 2022, 09:08   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
Odisha is allowing for all. And very seamless.
But to register the car, you need to have a local address in the state. Only then registration is allowed.
Am from Odisha but settled in Bangalore . Mine (as well as my spouse’s) driving license and PAN Card has Odisha’s address . Can I avail this ? My Spouse’s organisation has multiple offices across India and the latest being in Odisha . Cars shortlisted - Jeep compass , Xuv 700 , upcoming Tucson

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 6th July 2022 at 09:12.
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:11   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Am from Odisha but settled in Bangalore . Mine (as well as my spouse’s) driving license and PAN Card has Odisha’s address . Can I avail this ? My Spouse’s organisation has multiple offices across India and the latest being in Odisha . Cars shortlisted - Jeep compass , Xuv 700 , upcoming Tucson

Yeah I don't see why not. You have to get the vehicle in your spouse's name with her address proof. It will be registered in your spouse's name with the Form 60 from the office and the address proof of your spouse. Doesn't matter where you are settled.
Old 6th July 2022, 19:00   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Please note: KA is yet to start BH series registrations for private-sector employees. It is only open to Government and Bank Employees right now.
Old 7th July 2022, 09:51   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Please note: KA is yet to start BH series registrations for private-sector employees. It is only open to Government and Bank Employees right now.
Actually planning to do BH registration from Odisha as my hometown is in Odisha . Only missing piece of puzzle is how to get the form 60 from my spouse’s organisation .
Also I will have to start reading the details around the rule a little bit more. I have no idea which state ( Karnataka or Odisha )to pay the fees after 2 years !

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 7th July 2022 at 10:12.
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 10:47   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Have not seen a single BH-series registered vehicle in Chennai so far. TN State Transport Department is supposed to have OK-ed it in February, however there is no notification or anything of the sort. Has anyone had experience of getting a car registered under BH scheme in TN yet?

This is great for enthusiasts who keep the car for 3-4 years and go on to try another body style or brand. Will widen the market where the car can be sold significantly (pan-India instead of trying to see within state due to transfer and double road tax worries).
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 11:20   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

This is great for enthusiasts who keep the car for 3-4 years and go on to try another body style or brand. Will widen the market where the car can be sold significantly (pan-India instead of trying to see within state due to transfer and double road tax worries).
With so much confusion around the implementation, I won't be surprised if govt come up with some weird rule which may restrict the sale of BH vehicle to only certain eligible buyer. More so, to prevent misuse of BH registration - buy BH vehicle in a given state( if one is eligible) and sell to other parties (within or other state) who may not be eligible for BH registration in the first place. The whole purpose of BH scheme (as on today) is to help a person in transferable job (permanent job, that's why restricted to govt or bank employees) keep the same car without much hassle.

I'd advise anyone looking to keep the vehicle only for short term, to tread with caution to avoid any nasty googly by govt at the time of sale.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th July 2022 at 11:26.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 01:08   #689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
With so much confusion around the implementation, I won't be surprised if govt come up with some weird rule which may restrict the sale of BH vehicle to only certain eligible buyer. More so, to prevent misuse of BH registration - buy BH vehicle in a given state( if one is eligible) and sell to other parties (within or other state) who may not be eligible for BH registration in the first place. The whole purpose of BH scheme (as on today) is to help a person in transferable job (permanent job, that's why restricted to govt or bank employees) keep the same car without much hassle.

I'd advise anyone looking to keep the vehicle only for short term, to tread with caution to avoid any nasty googly by govt at the time of sale.
I would advise not to speculate on rules which are not even laid down, that would unnecessarily create chaos and confusion. Sale of vehicles can not be restricted to specific group of people as per law.
Old 12th July 2022, 09:13   #690

Is there any update on when Karnataka will start BH for private employees, or any update on appeal by Waseem on the same.
grvs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks