Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 16:41   #76
BHPian

I agree, that overall impression we are getting from all corners, is that SX4 is real value for money with poorer fit and finish compared to Honda. As one of the TV shows pointed to very loose(almost falling off) cabin light holder at the roof in the car which they were reviewing.
So ultimately it will depend on buyers how much they care about this little inferior fit against the other goodies they are getting for the price.
Old 19th May 2007, 17:26   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Buddy, all Test drive cars are brand new, so why to isolate only SX4?
Else you can suggest Dept of Transport to enact a law to ensure all Test drive cars should have covered a minimun Running-in period of 5000kms!
Fine. Go to the TD section and see if people have actually mentioned how many kms the cars have clocked before they took a TD. You will know what I am talking about. I remember TD the SX4 when it had clocked just 9kms and hadn't gone to the RTO for registration(could be the same case with others too as there is too much demand and MUL doesn't want customers to be disappointed). Atleast most other cars (new) that I had TD had run atleast about 200 kms+. TD the car once its clocked atleast 200kms atleast, that the standard RNS complies to before handing the car out to TD.

Quote:
Right, MUL should be appreciated for starting this trend of bringing in Safety features but I would have been very happy if these were available as standard in all the Variants! But no, it is present only the highest variant Zxi. We don't know how many will pay that extra moolah for these Safety features? Going by the trend of Swift Vxi & Zxi, I don't see many takers of SX4 Zxi either!
Unfortunately, this is India. Where safety features dont matter to most. And, knowing the sales chart atleast from my dealer I can say that there are as many Zxi's for sale as Vxi's. And gizmo's being present in one and not the other is cost cutting and we all know that. Its like saying why doesn't FIAT give 1.6L engines in all cars? Why 1.2 then? Answer is simple, its to cater a particular category. I need ABS, EBD, Airbags. But my dad surely thinks he doesn't.

MUL has atleast taken this initiative in the higher end model at a very reasonable price. I dont think Honda, Fiat, Mahindra or most other manufacturers have done it in under 10Lakh categ.

Wait till SX4 comes with a diesel option, then it will blow out all competition. Not because its just from MUL but mainly because its a diesel. And we Indian's (most) still prefer diesels to petrols to save fuel expenditure.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 19th May 2007 at 17:31.
Old 19th May 2007, 17:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I dont think Honda, Fiat, Mahindra or most other manufacturers have done it in under 10Lakh categ.
Require a correction!
Fiat had launched Palio 1.6 GTX with ABS & Air-Bags in 2002-03, but due to very poor demand, it was discontinued!

Quote:
Wait till SX4 comes with a diesel option, then it will blow out all competition. Not because its just from MUL but mainly because its a diesel. And we Indian's (most) still prefer diesels to petrols to save fuel expenditure.
Why do you feel only MUL makes Cars in India?
For the diesel option, Fiat India will be launching the Grande Punto and Linea sedan sometime next year (2008).
Am sure, other Car makers too will be bringing the diesel variants soon!
Let the Best Win!
Old 19th May 2007, 17:45   #79
Senior - BHPian

NHC Variants vs. SX4 - A definitive Comparison ????

stick to thread title guys!
Old 19th May 2007, 17:49   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Require a correction!
Fiat had launched Palio 1.6 GTX with ABS & Air-Bags in 2002-03, but due to very poor demand, it was discontinued!

For the diesel option, Fiat India will be launching the Grande Punto and Linea sedan sometime next year (2008).
Am sure, other Car makers too will be bringing the diesel variants soon!
Let the Best Win!
Thanks for correcting me. However, I do see a change in the trend in cities. Now people are looking at more safety features.

Well we all are eagerly awaiting the likes of the punto and the linea to come to indian shores. I really like the way the punto looks. I do hope FIAT brands reputation improves. This alone would go a long way in changing the trend in the market. However we are way OT here. Lets get back to discussing NHC V/S SX4. Dont want to turn this thread into another FIAT/Non Fiat controversy .
Old 19th May 2007, 17:55   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
I agree, that overall impression we are getting from all corners, is that SX4 is real value for money with poorer fit and finish compared to Honda. As one of the TV shows pointed to very loose(almost falling off) cabin light holder at the roof in the car which they were reviewing.
So ultimately it will depend on buyers how much they care about this little inferior fit against the other goodies they are getting for the price.
Yes its feature rich but quality may not be upto the mark of honda cars

Quote:
As one of the TV shows pointed to very loose(almost falling off) cabin light holder at the roof in the car which they were reviewing
First it was fog lamps and now I hear such an issue with a car given to media for TD. But somebody said these minor issue should not be blown out of proportion. I think it not about blowing out of proportion but fit and quallity. Its upto customer what he chooses at the end of the day.
Old 19th May 2007, 18:03   #82
Senior - BHPian

I remember reading in TOI a while ago that Honda is coming up with a new variant of its VTEC which adds more safety features. About time too. They should stop thinking that the lives of their (overpaying) Indian customers is cheaper than their Thai customers.
Seeing the current VTEC's pricing, this one might be priced at 10.xx OTR in some states.
Old 19th May 2007, 18:06   #83
BHPian

Update from another show Chakke pe Chakka from Aaj Tak ( Dont kill me for putting the review from auto shows guys )
SX4 was given a thums up. They have a so called auto expert called TUTU Dhawan( who used to earlier be there for CNBC-Awaaz show <Chalti ka Naam Gaadi>, I remember whenever any viewer would ask which car to choose between X & Y, he would start reciting their technical specifications as if the viewer was an autoexpert and then say go buy the one you like )
That very guy gave 7 to Sx4 but also said that engine is not as good as that of Honda. But overall as a package SX4 was quoted as being good. BTW Verna was also looking good in their comparisons.

-POGU
Old 19th May 2007, 18:22   #84
BHPian

crap show full of bulls**t,by the way i like how tutu dhawan answers any queries between two products "donno badiya hai"

Last edited by yogi1771 : 19th May 2007 at 18:24.
Old 19th May 2007, 18:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Require a correction!
If I am not wrong the version was priced close to 6 lakh rupees and had one air bag less and its a Hatchback a small car! Here you are getting a full bloodied saloon car with all the optionals and extras for 6.89 lakhs... now tell me which is a fair deal.
Its also about getting VFM.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 19th May 2007 at 18:55.
Old 19th May 2007, 18:55   #86
BHPian

Tutu Dhawan, whatever be the nature of Gadi, be it scooters, motorcycles,small cars, mid size cars, whatever, would say-"dono hi gadiyan bahut badhiya hain".
Old 19th May 2007, 19:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right, MUL should be appreciated for starting this trend of bringing in Safety features but I would have been very happy if these were available as standard in all the Variants! But no, it is present only the highest variant Zxi. We don't know how many will pay that extra moolah for these Safety features? Going by the trend of Swift Vxi & Zxi, I don't see many takers of SX4 Zxi either!
Wrong comparison.... the swift ZXI is almost a lakh expensive than the VXI and its in the b+ segment where 1 lakh matters. In the sedan segment costing upwards of 7 lakh rupees, 70k's is a small price to pay for all those extra's... mind you, you do get a lot.
For 70k's extra you pay for the ZXI, you get 16inch alloys, wider tyres, dashboard integrated stereo with controls on the steering wheels, ABS + EBD, Dual Airbags... and everything body coloured, even the mudflaps.... sounds like a fair deal... nah its a jackpot!
Oh and why did your beloved Palio had the safety features only on the top end model and that too as an option.
Before you flame me, I am a fellow palio owner and a big fiat fan, but its different being objective in your discussions and criticizms than acting like a fanboy!
Old 19th May 2007, 19:27   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Oh and why did your beloved Palio had the safety features only on the top end model and that too as an option.
Before you flame me, I am a fellow palio owner and a big fiat fan, but its different being objective in your discussions and criticizms than acting like a fanboy!
For your kind info, the safety features in SX4 is available only in the top end model only (ZXI), the same case with Palio 1.6 GTX in 2002-03, and there very few takers that time too!
If you feel SX4 is a jackpot, please go & buy one!
For me, Swift and SX4 are not the only 2 cars available in the entire Planet Earth!
There are plenty of fantastic & excellent Cars for me to choose from!
Old 19th May 2007, 19:36   #89
BANNED

Quote:
For me, Swift and SX4 are not the only 2 cars available in the entire Planet Earth!
There are plenty of fantastic & excellent Cars for me to choose from!
so what is your next car going to be? Btw where is steeroid ?

Boss, the point we are trying to make is which other manufacture in this class is giving ABS, Airbags, EBD at such an affordable price in comparison to its competition? Not about how they are available only on top end models. I think you are just trying to pick on those small issues rather than looking at the bigger picture. With the launch of the SX4, the other manufacturers wont only drop their prices but also provide better features which would lead to intense competition. Which only means benefit to customers like you, me. Thats the point we are trying to make. But it seems you prefer nitpicking.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 19th May 2007 at 19:40.
Old 19th May 2007, 19:42   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Btw where is steeroid ?
He will come and crush NHC & SX4 with his SAFARI
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks