Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 10:48   #76
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Does anyone know for sure if this is being launched in India as a 7-seater or only the 5-seater ?
Globally, they have not launched a Tucson 7 seater yet. If they do, India will be a first. But i doubt they will.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 13:47   #77
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Globally, they have not launched a Tucson 7 seater yet. If they do, India will be a first. But i doubt they will.
I agree. The only thing unclear is whether it would be short/long wheel base. Since the one that is getting exported to Nepal is LWB, I feel maybe that's the one they will launch in India as well. Tucson has been launched in multiple markets and no where it has given a 7 seater option so I highly doubt if they would want to make that change just for India market. I just hope they launch the LWB version which would translate to better 2nd row leg space and boot space
Old 21st March 2022, 13:58   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Since the one that is getting exported to Nepal is LWB, I feel maybe that's the one they will launch in India as well.
Yes, they probably will. Otherwise in terms of just size, there won't be much to differentiate it from the Alcazar. They may not sell it as a 7 seater, although the LWB version would be larger than the Alcazar, but they can certainly position it as a premium soft-roader that can be had with AWD, just like the current one. I also wish the give us the option of 1.6 T-GDi at least, if not the PHEV.
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:57   #79
BHPian

On the lower bumper, there is presence of a radar module which suggests that Hyundai will be offering ADAS (Advanced Driver’s Assistance System) for India-spec Tucson. ADAS will comprise of a number of advanced safety features like automatic emergency braking, lane change assist, adaptive cruise control and more.
More features expected to be offered in Tucson are a twin-screen infotainment display, a digital instrument console, a panoramic sunroof, wireless phone charging, ambient mood lighting in 64 colours, a Bose stereo system, etc.
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-7f6214ac2f5149cea9da2097ddac491c.jpeg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-8c21bf612ed348bd961207f7db1c0403.jpeg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-8553d277a5404851be876d962a800f6a.jpeg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-3c3c6b5127ec4ca9ad74fcca39915b4e.jpeg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-07b548dd99e54b50aa50b69d21b0e519.jpeg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-7a991fd1a2fe4bc783fcabfa38b9d459.jpeg

Read more at... https://www.rushlane.com/2022-hyunda...Pp4cOidwZpJMLo

Last edited by manson : 25th March 2022 at 09:48.
manaljain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 20:23   #80
BHPian

According to Autocar India, Hyundai is going to launch Tucson in only 7 seater configuration for India.

Quote:
Internationally, the SUV is available in a 5-seat form, but in India, we will only get the 7-seat version which will sit above the Alcazar.
Source
RaceHorse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 22:46   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
According to Autocar India, Hyundai is going to launch Tucson in only 7 seater configuration for India.
Interesting. I’ve been wondering what’s taking Hyundai so much testing for a car they’ve already begun shipping to a neighbouring country. Does this mean the India-spec version might actually turn out slightly longer that the global LWB version to make room for the 3rd row bench and some luggage? Time will tell. However, that would also mean the car won’t any longer be a CKD if it’s customized to be longer for India. These media reports are only causing a lot more confusion. I secretly have been hoping though that the Tucson does come as a 7-seater this time.

Last edited by manson : 25th March 2022 at 09:47. Reason: Trimmed quote.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 00:18   #82
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
I seriously doubt this report. Hyundai doesn't sell a 7-seater version of the Tucson anywhere in the world, as far as I know. They would have to build a special version just for India. Considering that this will sit at the top of the range and won't be expected to sell in large numbers, I can't see Hyundai taking so much effort just for the Indian market. Of course, they could export from India. But elsewhere, they sell the Hyundai Santa Fe as their 7-seat SUV, so a 7-seat Tucson will be redundant for most markets. Let's see, but I am sceptical.

Last edited by manson : 25th March 2022 at 09:47. Reason: Typo.
R_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 17:51   #83
BHPian

It would also be unfortunate.

A key benefit of the Tucson is that it is so spacious and comfortable. Especially the 2nd row.

Squeezing in 3 rows would make it cramped.
Old 25th March 2022, 09:14   #84

The design of this car is more pleasing than the design language of the Creta and the Alcazar, Hyundai seemed to have taken feedback seriously
Old 25th March 2022, 10:05   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Does this mean the India-spec version might actually turn out slightly longer that the global LWB version to make room for the 3rd row bench and some luggage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by argho View Post
A key benefit of the Tucson is that it is so spacious and comfortable. Especially the 2nd row.
Squeezing in 3 rows would make it cramped.
Please find comparison of Tucson LWB with some of other 6/7 seaters. I don't think they need to increase length further even if they plan to add 3rd row which again I highly doubt

Name:  Screenshot 20220325 at 10.06.05 AM.png
Views: 773
Size:  33.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Considering that this will sit at the top of the range and won't be expected to sell in large numbers, I can't see Hyundai taking so much effort just for the Indian market.
Totally agree. Based on past sale numbers, I really doubt Hyundai is going to make so much customisation for Indian market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceyen View Post
The design of this car is more pleasing than the design language of the Creta and the Alcazar, Hyundai seemed to have taken feedback seriously
I'm still not sure why they copied the parametric front grill for facelift Creta which is upcoming which also looks out of proportion. They should have kept uniqueness on Tucson

Last edited by neel911 : 25th March 2022 at 10:07.
Old 25th March 2022, 11:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Hyundai doesn't sell a 7-seater version of the Tucson anywhere in the world, as far as I know. They would have to build a special version just for India. Considering that this will sit at the top of the range and won't be expected to sell in large numbers, I can't see Hyundai taking so much effort just for the Indian market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Totally agree. Based on past sale numbers, I really doubt Hyundai is going to make so much customisation for Indian market.
I agree that it doesn't seem to make sense to re-engineer the Tucson into a 7 seater for a market where the current model sells around 100 units a month.

_

But I thought I'll play devil's advocate with my self
  • Hyundai can charge a considerable premium for a 7 seater, even if its a 5 + 2 seater. Look at how much the Kodiaq (with no diesel engine) costs. The upcoming Meridian will probably sell for the same or more than the Kodiaq. This has essentially pushed the goal-posts of what is considered "normal" for a premium monocoque 7 seater.
  • In the 6 years since the current gen Tuscon was launched, the Hyundai brand itself has become a little "premium-er". They can comfortably sell as many of a 20 lakh OTR car (Creta) that they can manufacture.
  • Hyundai knows that if they bring their true 7 seater Santa Fe into India, it will be north of 50 lakhs. India is still not ready to pay THAT MUCH for a Hyundai. So stuffing 2 more seats into the the cheaper Tucson would be the way to have a premium 7 seat offering.
_

So the question would be would be, which one of these is greater:
Cost of re-engineering/manufacturing the already existing LWB Tucson ÷ 6 years average lifespan of the model ÷ 12 months ÷ 100-200 sales a month
OR
Additional margin they will get for a car that is, for all intents and purposes, in a segment above the current model simply because of the additional seats and the way our market has evolved.
_

Also, Autocar India for its part has been CONSISTENTLY maintaining that the next gen Tucson will be a 7 seater in India, maybe they know something we don't:

Sep 2018:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...seating-409719

Sep 2020:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...options-418600

Mar 2022:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-423931

Last edited by lordrayden : 25th March 2022 at 11:47.
lordrayden is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 17:57   #87
BHPian

Looks like Tucson from the rear Tailights & the alloys.
Attached Images

manaljain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 19:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Still under testing!

I think we are still quite far from a launch. I hope June-July period is doable! Can't wait enough for this one after the disappointing Tiguan pricing!
Old 11th April 2022, 09:16   #89
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Yes, clearly seems to be the Hyundai Tucson, possibly close to the Hyundai plant in Chennai. Are these new pictures? Don't recall seeing these earlier. But not sure it indicates anything at all regarding their launch schedule.
Old 11th April 2022, 11:06   #90
BHPian

That does look like a third row version. I'm still hoping that they launch the 5 seater as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks