Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 10:07   #976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Having said this, the OP has a valid and important observation about the missing shift-by-wire gear. I can't understand it, because globally, only the lowest trims come without it. Not sure of Hyundai's calculation here for the Indian market.
Hyundai is never going to set up a full scale manufacturing line for Tucson in India. Unless they are exporting from here, they will not be able to make it profitable. That being the case, when they take CKD route, for engine, transmission and gearbox, there is up to 30% tax in India. My view is Hyundai is not importing them. At least on petrol. I think they are using the same engine and transmission from Alcazar. That is why no shift by wire. Similarly there will be other places where they would have reused parts. That way Hyundai is making profits on Tucson.

My personal view is if one is looking at buying Tucson and looking for value for money then petrol base model is good fit. There is no other proper 5 seater SUV with such cabin space and driving comfort at that price point.

Mod Note: Our 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2022 at 10:15. Reason: Link to review added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks