Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2022, 09:52   #946
BHPian

Re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Personal opinion, if someone is buying a SUV or Crossover it’s better to pick AWD even expensive by couple of lakhs. Else I don’t see any benefit over sedan, which drives much better, though there are hardly any sedans these days in our market.
For the roads in India (esp Bangalore) an SUV style vehicle offers a far better ride quality and road vision than a Sedan. IMO, even a 2WD is far better to offer the ride comfort.
sethu.murali is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 09:56   #947
BHPian

Re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
“A car is more than the sum of its spec sheet and feature list”
- Aristotle after drinking a litre of petrol

The difference is in the experience; Things like NVH levels, suspension maturity, fit and finish, build quality, damping of moving parts, longevity, etc.

You don’t always need a spec bump to justify a price increase. A better experience also justifies a price increase for a lot of people. Just how much that premium is and if it’s worth it is the million dollar question . Some companies get it right and others don’t. Time will tell if Hyundai has got it right or not.
Agree with you 100%. Unfortunately I know so many people who have recently based their car decision on whether it has a sunroof or not, or if it’s regular or panoramic sunroof, they just couldn’t see anything beyond this one feature in the whole car Nowadays all cars near the 15-20L price mark have the same features that we were earlier only seen on the Euro brands. But that doesn’t mean that one can compare the experience, the finesse or the sheer pleasure of driving a Merc/BMW/Audi with say a Mahindra/Tata/Maruti/Toyota etc.
Vishesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:01   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
Thanks for the video. Some observations from my side,
  • Haval seems to be good, not sure when GWM plans to launch in India.
OT.

Never. GWM has called off their India plans worth of 8000 crores, fired their staff and left the shores. There's a thread in TBHP.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:05   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Just came back from Dealer Launch event of Tucson. M

Now does it justify huge premium ? For me, its a big No. The top end variant (4WD) is going to be around 44L OTR Bangalore .
No rear wiper on a 44L OTR car !? please tell me it's concealed somewhere !
Old 11th August 2022, 10:08   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
No rear wiper on a 44L OTR car !? please tell me it's concealed somewhere !

Mods, please merge.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:27   #951

Price list from Pune showroom.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PRICE LIST NEW TUCSON DT 10 08 2022 (2).pdf (64.4 KB, 95 views)
nks81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:35   #952
BHPian

After the pricing reveal , would it make sense to downgrade my booking to Platinum from Signature diesel ? I can live without the ventilated seats and powered co-passenger seats . What I am not sure is whether the ADAS is worth the 4 lakhs more . I get this FOMO that may be I am missing out on safety . For members who have used ADAS do you think this feature will make cars more safe or is it just a nice to have feature . Also how confident can one be with such technology on highways when the car is being driven with our loved ones .

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
In Bangalore the kind of slush we get into due to rains and non existent roads or when you are driving in rain/slippery roads, you don't want to then repent not having shelled out that extra 4-5% to get that added capability and safety.
While the AWD is a good feature , I can confidently report after multiple TDs that even a skoda superb can manage the east Bangalore ( varthur , Bellandur ,Panathur) roads after rain very well . So a 4WD will be rarely required . Yes , if one has a farm house in Chikmagalur or does trips to the beautiful Himachal during December then a AWD car is definitely a good investment . But for an average joe a 2WD SUV is good enough .

Mods: Sorry , This Became 2 posts . Can you help merge please .

Last edited by Eddy : 11th August 2022 at 10:52. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
ChetanM6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:11   #953
pms
BHPian

Keeping aside ADAS, out of all the features omitted in Platinum variant (Powered tailgate, ventilated seats, powered passenger seat, driver memory seats, passenger seat walk-in device..), the ventilated seats for me is a big miss as many of Hyundai's lower model vehicles have it! This should have been there in all Tucson variants with such a premium pricing.
Not sure whether Platinum is a good deal though it provides us the crucial 360 cam and Blind View Monitor.
pms is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:33   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
After the pricing reveal , would it make sense to downgrade my booking to Platinum from Signature diesel ? I can live without the ventilated seats and powered co-passenger seats . What I am not sure is whether the ADAS is worth the 4 lakhs more . I get this FOMO that may be I am missing out on safety .
I can offer a different perspective.

Instead of looking at it as 4 lakhs extra, look at the difference in EMI and what that difference means to you financially. Next fast forward your life (earnings, expenditures, savings) a couple of years and think of what that afore mentioned EMI difference would mean to you in the future. That is, few years from now if you look back, are you more likely to say “I wish I had spent that (little?) extra in EMIs back then”, or “good I didn’t spend that much extra in EMIs”.

One more thing to remember is the Mercedes S-Class effect, whatever fancy feature the S has today, would probably be common place in 10 years time. So some fancy features your premium 40 lakh SUV comes with today, could be found in some 20 lakh cars a few years from now. How would you feel about your 2-3 year old 40 lakh SUV if it doesn’t have the bells and whistles that a 20 lakh car comes with. Would you or would you not be ok with that?
lordrayden is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:11   #955
BHPian

Quote:
I get this FOMO that may be I am missing out on safety . For members who have used ADAS do you think this feature will make cars more safe or is it just a nice to have feature . Also how confident can one be with such technology on highways when the car is being driven with our loved ones .
Hey Chetan, I haven’t used ADAS in India yet, but I have used it extensively on multiple cars in US (2022 Sonata, RAV4, Highlander).
I can assume the Tucson’s system would be similar to 2022 Sonata’s which was equipped with lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, auto brake/re-accelerate.

There are 3 scenarios with ADAS as per my experience (might change for Indian driving conditions):
1. I prefer to keep it OFF if I want to enjoy driving. This implies maximum driver concentration but no Safety assist if you do any driving error.

2. I turn it ON whenever I want to have an additional assist to my focused driving. I feel ADAS works the best in this scenario and is always advised to be used in this way. This is the safest way to use ADAS. Never to keep your hands off the steering wheel, and just keep driving normally. You will be amazed how well controlled your car drives, properly in center of lane and totally in your control if things go wrong. This also means that the drive will become more relaxing and safer as compared to scenario-1.

3. The dangerous scenario: Unfortunately, this one is currently being followed by many XUV700 owners. The biggest mistake is to trust ADAS completely by leaving your hands off steering wheel, handling mobile, texting etc. I would say it’s much much safer to not have ADAS when one wants to be in this scenario. Even Tesla owners do not recommend this. No one knows when things can go wrong.

All in all, ADAS is just a driving assist and an additional safety feature to compliment your safe driving skills and make sure that absolutely nothing goes wrong.
Hope this helps. Thanks!
shauryadabas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:47   #956
BHPian

Thanks members . So it looks like ADAS and the rest of the premium features is worthy to consider . Problem is I was mentally prepared for the 37-38 lakhs (initial guesstimate by SA) , but this pricing has made me uncomfortable. Only option now in my budget is to look at the lacklustre petrol top end Tucson now .
ChetanM6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 13:06   #957
BHPian

I think the car has most factors going for it. The pricing, even though it feels on the higher side is as per market standards. One must also keep in mind that this is a 5-star NCAP car vs Alcazar/Creta's barely 3.

I feel the bane of this car is the petrol engine. We unfortunate NCR folks are mostly looking for petrol cars and in this day and age, 2.0 NA doesn't feel contemporary. Having driven the previous gen with the same engine, the petrol engine felt very pedestrian. Was hoping we get the turbo petrol, but since I've heard the news of 2.0, I booked the Scorpio N petrol instead. Can live with slightly inferior interiors and a narrow feature set, but at least the drive will be fun.
AZ911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 13:07   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks members . So it looks like ADAS and the rest of the premium features is worthy to consider .

Problem is I was mentally prepared for the 37-38 lakhs (initial guesstimate by SA) , but this pricing has made me uncomfortable.

Only option now in my budget is to look at the lacklustre petrol top end Tucson now .
The initial price difference between the petrol and diesel, would get covered to a large extent by the higher fuel efficiency of diesel during lifetime ownership. It will probably narrow down to just 1-2 lakhs over the lifetime of ownership. If you stagger this difference per year of ownership, it wont be much. So that won't be my reason to go for petrol.

I would rather wait for a couple of months to arrange for delta funds in such case.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 11th August 2022 at 13:08.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 13:07   #959
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks members . So it looks like ADAS and the rest of the premium features is worthy to consider . Problem is I was mentally prepared for the 37-38 lakhs (initial guesstimate by SA) , but this pricing has made me uncomfortable. Only option now in my budget is to look at the lacklustre petrol top end Tucson now .
Am in the same conundrum. Was prepared to shell out 38L assuming the 2WD DSL will fall in that range, alas if wishes were horses. Considering the same engines are carried over from previous versions believe the Petrol might be lackluster to drive compared to diesel. Am waiting for media drives to see how Tucson Petrol is on the road.
Old 11th August 2022, 13:45   #960

Is TD available in tier 2 cities or is it happening in tier 1 cities only as of now?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks