Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 06:40   #61
BHPian

re: Shortage of smart cards from RTOs in some states

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
On the other hand, I bought a new car, registered on 29th March and I still haven’t recieved my RC smart card or paper RC. Car is registered in KA05 RTO.
This is strange. My car was delivered on 5th July and I got my RC card by Aug 14th, RTO is KA05 and the dealership is Pavan Hyundai.
Old 25th August 2022, 07:37   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
I bought a XL6 on 27 July 22. It’s a KA05 number. As per the dealer the waiting time for the registration card is between 90 to 120 days.
Usually they say 90 days. Most of the time it will be received in 60 days
ItGuyTravel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 14:22   #63
BHPian

I can confirm that Karnataka RTO is giving smart cards. Got my WB plated car registered at KA04 RTO. The inspection was done on 29th July and the card was ready by 22nd August.
Mike_Schumacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 09:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

I bought new car in march this year in Bangalore (KA-03 RTO.) and they sent paper RC. Looks like smart card is back now. Is there a way I can get a smart card to replace my paper RC. How to go about it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th August 2022 at 09:59.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 10:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Indeed. Smart cards are back. I sold my old car and the new owner got a RC smart card. Cars24 sent me the proof and my new car i still haven’t got an RC.

On the other hand, I bought a new car, registered on 29th March and I still haven’t recieved my RC smart card or paper RC. Car is registered in KA05 RTO.
Generally we should get the card in 45-60 days. Did you check online to see what is the RC status it is showing. Was the address on the ID documents you provided proper? You can connect with your dealer or make a visit to the RTO.
Old 5th September 2022, 11:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Generally we should get the card in 45-60 days. Did you check online to see what is the RC status it is showing. Was the address on the ID documents you provided proper? You can connect with your dealer or make a visit to the RTO.
In the same boat.I registered my XUV700 on April 16 at KA05.Still haven't got the RC. I have been following up with the dealer as well, but it isn't progressing much.

Where can we check the RC status online? The parivaahan app just seems to have the transaction details and RC status link just shows "No records found" or something similar.
Old 15th September 2022, 17:22   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasark View Post
In the same boat.I registered my XUV700 on April 16 at KA05.Still haven't got the RC. I have been following up with the dealer as well, but it isn't progressing much.

Where can we check the RC status online? The parivaahan app just seems to have the transaction details and RC status link just shows "No records found" or something similar.

Check this link - https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...C_Report.xhtml
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 20:29   #68
Sen
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasark View Post

Same story, for a 2 wheeler (funny story how I'm selling that Ntorq 125 right now).

Checked the Vahan website today, this is what I was greeted with unfortunately (April 30th was the sale date IIRC):

Shortage of smart cards from RTOs in some states-inkedphoto1663233135.jpg

Edit - As of 19/9, I found out that the paper RC (no plastic card) was dispatched to the dealer for whatever reason and has been sitting there for a few months, without a call or word. Absolute bruh moment.

Maybe the agent made it happen this way, or because it was made of paper (as mentioned by the showroom staff /shrug).

Last edited by Aditya : 21st September 2022 at 05:47. Reason: As requested
Old 11th October 2022, 19:00   #69
BHPian

I got my smart card in about 70 days. So smart cards are being issued.
Old 15th October 2022, 08:22   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I bought new car in march this year in Bangalore (KA-03 RTO.) and they sent paper RC. Looks like smart card is back now. Is there a way I can get a smart card to replace my paper RC. How to go about it. Thanks in advance.
Please share if any feedback on the above query.
Old 4th January 2023, 15:52   #71
BHPian

What is the typical time now for getting RC Card? Are we getting smart card or paper RC now? My vehicle got registered in KA01 on 25 Nov and still waiting for RC. Any pointers would help. Thanks.
Old 4th January 2023, 16:09   #72
BHPian

Question: any idea whether they will issue/give a smart card for people who were given paper slips as registration certificates?

They had taken the charges applicable for the card, but ended up sending a piece of paper then. Can't go and ask as I am not at home at present unfortunately :(

Last edited by null : 4th January 2023 at 16:10.
Old 4th January 2023, 18:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

Got my car RC around 60 days post purchase. Came by India post. Was planning to check with Showroom, post the new year week, but was pleasantly surprised.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 15:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

I am still waiting for my RC card. Yeshvanthpur RTO KA04. date of registration 19th Oct 2022. Anybody here waiting for RC from Yeshvanthpur KA04 ?
Old 17th January 2023, 18:16   #75
BHPian

My car was registered on 4th Nov at Yeshwantpur RTO.

The SA had told me it'll take 2 months for the RC. I was thinking to call him back and remind him. I had also planned to go to the RTO in person and follow up this Saturday. But got a pleasant surprise today when the postman delivered the RC this afternoon. The car bears KA04 regn.

Hope you get your doc soon as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks