Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2022, 19:23   #511
sbm
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I had the same logic when I pre-booked the car, but rattling issues surfaced later and few owners are still waiting for resolution. There was a post about TD car's seat again quickly too. Our Flimsy Swift's seats are still good after 7 years and 1L km, so this surely makes me re-think.
I currently own a 2015 model Baleno. As it was a new product, it had a lot of niggles like limp steering, hard suspension etc and I have to cope with these till date. Due to this experience I am want to be very cautious with my next car and hence have the same dilema as you but then there is the temptation to but a fresh model. That being said, I think niggles other than those associated with drivetrain and electronics ( like the EPC issue) can be managed if the product suits all the requirements.
Old 26th February 2022, 21:24   #512
BHPian

I have booked a Slavia 1.5 TSI MT.

I'm concerned about carbon build-up on intake valves due to GDI. Any recommendations for fuel system cleaners?
Old 26th February 2022, 22:19   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
I have booked a Slavia 1.5 TSI MT.

I'm concerned about carbon build-up on intake valves due to GDI. Any recommendations for fuel system cleaners?
Listing the usual methods for reducing/clearing carbon buildup
  1. Stick to a trusted fuel station for most part
  2. Use a higher octane fuel (eg xp95) so that combustion happens efficiently
  3. Use fuel with cleaning agent / additives especially on long drives where you can maintain high revs continuously. This can be done once in 2 months or so
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 22:29   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Checked out the Slavia today, it looked nice. Quality felt better than Kushaq & Taigun to me. 1.5 + DSG is what I want to drive and see how it feels. Dash looked fine, nothing great, nice and clean.

I would prefer all black interiors though. Wish this option comes up sometime.
I hope they introduce all black theme with the Monte Carlo edition. A Monte Carlo version of the Kushaq is expected this year. Let's wait and watch what changes they make to that car.
FrAgile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 06:56   #515
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
  3. Use fuel with cleaning agent / additives especially on long drives where you can maintain high revs continuously. This can be done once in 2 months or so
What scares me is that even after following all these rules if something happens with the engine, the repair bill can burn a hole in one's pocket. Add to that there no Skoda service centre in small towns. This is the thing that scares me any I am sure many others on this forum. I guess Maruti has spoiled me by placing both their Body shop and service centre at walking distance from my house
Old 27th February 2022, 08:48   #516
Senior - BHPian

Exterior design is a mixed bag

Front - Slavia very good, City horrible
Side profile - both Slavia and City are excellent
Rear - Slavia horrible, City average (very good with tail lamp on)
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 09:19   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
None of this is going to work. Carbon buildup around the intake valves is a result of oil vapours from the PCV system caking up at the back of the intake valves and not a product of fuel quality.

Direct injection systems spray fuel straight into the combustion chamber, not before the intake valves. Hence, no fuel additives will work either.

Only an oil catch can will work, and it's an aftermarket fitment, so warranty will be void. The best option is to just drive the car till the intake valves have sufficient buildup (cold misfires) and have them cleaned using walnut shell blasting. There are cleaners you can spray into the intake manifold as preventive maintenance too every once in a while, but it's cumbersome and not worth the effort.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 10:10   #518
BHPian

Yesterday, I paid a visit to the Skoda showroom. I would like to add my observations below:
  • The showroom is located in a Tier3 city in Kerala and was pretty empty. It was close to 4 pm yesterday, I spend a good 1 hour inside the showroom and I didn't notice any other customers.
  • As per the SA, the current waiting period for Slavia is approximately 2 months as they have had approximately 50 bookings since November 21.
  • He also mentioned that the bookings are considerably lesser compared to that of Kushaq.
  • SA was also a bit concerned about the launch strategy of Slavia as he was telling people already have forgotten about the booking
  • As per the SA, the 'launch' price can be 30 to 50k lesser than that of Kushaq.
  • I checked out the vehicle (1.0L MT Style) and I must say it looks refreshing.
  • Driver and Passenger seats get both height-adjustable seats which are not present in Kushaq.
  • Even though I couldn't do a test drive I did adjust the seat position to fit my 6ft frame.
  • Some exposed bits in the front grille is a bit of an eyesore in my opinion.
  • I found the rear seats to be better accommodating for Kushaq than Slavia.
  • Interestingly it is strictly a four-seater even though it is one of the biggest cars in the segment.
  • Now comes the twist the SA was trying to push Kushaq over Slavia. He even mentioned that they have '21 model Style and Ambition trim "with auto-folding" mirrors with some good discount.
  • He offered me a '21 model Red Ambition 1.0 AT at a discount of close to 1lakh which is supposed to be the actual price of that variant at launch.
  • They also had a couple of 1.0 Style ATs with two airbags and we can expect similar discounts on the same.
In my humble opinion, I completely lost interest in Skoda products (specifically India 2.0) because of their market approach. They say it is a premium product but in reality, it is far from it.

Let us see how Skoda prices Slavia.

Attaching some pictures below:
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_155813.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_155809.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_155757.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_155357.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_155221.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_155126.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_155122.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_154656.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_154824.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_154617.jpg  

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220226_155309.jpg  

alenp07 is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 10:46   #519
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India has delivered cars to dealerships ready to handover to customers.

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20220227104343_twitter.jpg

Zac Hollis accompanied Hormazd Sorabjee during media drive event

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220227_104305.jpg

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20220227105049_twitter.jpg

Slavia 1.0-litre TSI price reveal tomorrow at 11AM

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20220227110317_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th February 2022 at 11:15.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 10:59   #520
Senior - BHPian

It's not the product but a stark reality. Bangalore has one of the worst roads in the Country and only the 'SUV style' of cars is feasible. So the low interest
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenp07 View Post
In my humble opinion, I completely lost interest in Skoda products (specifically India 2.0) because of their market approach. They say it is a premium product but in reality, it is far from it.
Old 27th February 2022, 16:39   #521
BHPian

While I agree that the bad roads in our country had made many of the consumers shift to SUVs/CSUVs or anything with good ground clearance, the point about Skoda India 2.0 cars not feeling premium based on how it’s priced and marketed is something we cannot ignore. We already know how Kushaq ended up. If you want to experience Skoda the way it’s always meant to be ( not talking about after sales here ), we either need to go for Octavia or Kodiaq.

Mod Note: Our Skoda Slavia Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th February 2022 at 09:10. Reason: Link to review added
techmotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks