Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 13:21   #16
KPR
BANNED

Re: November 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Let's see which one gets Punch-ed on their sales number in coming few months.
KPR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 13:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Who is buying Scorpio? I hardly spot Scorpio in my city but can see 5-10 new Thar every time I go out.
In response to your query, Scorpio numbers are driven by institutional buyers. In fact, my organization has ordered 15 of these for our projects. So while, consumers may prefer something more refined in terms of features and comfort, the Scorpio in its rugged form DOES have a market and relevance for a certain segment. Not all buyers are looking for gizmos and features in a car.
petrogeek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 13:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line.
Is it also possible to include 'Sales by Value' based on ex-showroom price just for the sake of analysis ?
Rolling_Stock is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Toyota sold an astonishing 6300 units of a 23L car in MPV segment while Mahindra sold 99 units in the same. Unreal. That is some mind boggling loyalty and unprecedented reputation for Toyota.
Every time I feel shocked to see this, I remember the numerous times I have been driven in 10-15 years old Innova taxis, 1.5L and above on ODO, their rash drivers ripping it over potholes filled roads without a single rattle! and I get the reason why.

Innova is one heck of an abuse friendly donkey, which just refuse to budge, no matter what. And it keep earning for their owners well beyond the 23L buying price.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:39   #20
BHPian

Honda management treats us as third class buyers. No new cars from their brands here. I hope they perish globally.

Renault is still selling us an impoverished Duster. Go away.

What is Datsun doing here?

Decades old polo and vento are still being sold, why?

Nissan doesn't want to commit and bring their better cars here.

Everytime I see a new WagonR on road , I feel we are being deprived of great cars and being forced to buy global dustpans.

5 year old designs of Tiago and Tigor are an eyesore. Even Maruti refresh their models frequently.

I am being forced by NGT to buy a tiny car in Delhi next year, which will run 100 kms a month. It will replace 15 year old Alto and what choices do I have- A new not again Alto, mind numbing WagonR, tasteless Tiago, century old Polo, the new tin can Celerio, no automatic because tata can Altroz, can not run on highway safely i10? I am being forced to choose between obsoletes. At this juncture I will probably import a Wuling EV in parrot colour, atleast it won't be boring.
Sran is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 15:05   #21
BHPian

Seeing the numbers of Polo/Vento it is certain that VW has decided to slowly retire them making way for new Taigun. Virtus would be soon replacing the Vento by April 22, hopefully we would get the new Polo as well by 2023.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post

VW/Skoda: Wow, just 1 T-Roc. Taigun numbers are good as compared to Kushaq. It would be interesting to see where it settles.
TROC for this year has been sold out already so we will keep getting these numbers of 1-10 for few months now.

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 7th December 2021 at 15:07.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 15:10   #22
BHPian

- Has the Punch eaten up into the market share of Altroz ? But overall I still believe this strategy will work out for Tata to gain more volumes for their product as a brand

- Nissan needs one more product to gain a foothold in the market. Measly numbers of the Magnite alone cannot help them

- For all the hype of Kushaq and Taigun they are just selling under 2k. This is weird. Are they facing chip shortage ?
Old 7th December 2021, 15:57   #23

Maruti is still undoubtedly the market king but it's sad to see that two of their three really good cars(S cross, Brezza, Ignis) are not doing great! Sad but this is how we lose really good potent cars from our market.
Another surprise is that, when Brezza sells in such numbers then why is the urban cruiser lagging so much behind ? Does Toyota get lower allotment in the production line in comparison to Maruti counterpart ?
Old 7th December 2021, 17:35   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
I am being forced by NGT to buy a tiny car in Delhi next year, which will run 100 kms a month.
No, there is no law forcing you to buy a car. You can cycle, take public transport, call a taxi when required, ... For a usage of 100 km/month it would be far more economical to not buy a car.
rsidd is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 18:20   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
No, there is no law forcing you to buy a car. You can cycle, take public transport, call a taxi when required, ... For a usage of 100 km/month it would be far more economical to not buy a car.
There is in NCR. Takes away your beautifully maintained vehicle because whoever thought of this system gets a government procured whatever vehicle that gets refreshed on a regular basis.

Economically a 15 year old Alto costs not much to maintain in a year, costs very less to run as well for those 100 kms per month and is cheaper than using a taxi by a lot. Then there is the question of a person`s right to use a legally procured vehicle that meets all the laws at the time it was made.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 18:35   #26
BHPian

Many large vehicles have had a good month. Carnival, Air cross, Creta.

Punch sales have dipped sharply. They need the diesel to really sustain good numbers.

The Taigun is going strength to strength for VW.

Renault & Nissan need a diesel option for Kiger and Magnite.

Datsun is all ready to Go from the market.
Old 7th December 2021, 19:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Decades old polo and vento are still being sold, why?
Just my personal opinion:
because, once you drive them and keep them for a while, you will realise the need to not change at all for a while. I will buy a polo with that sweet Tsi unit (and yes outdated interiors etc., as I am not in to gizmos) even today over the competition. Polo may be decades old, but it has received regular refresh of its engines (it is a record probably: related thread). It is a pretty well built safe car among the competition even today.

As regards Vento, probably few are left to be picked up, before Virtus takes over next year.

Last edited by stringbh : 7th December 2021 at 19:43. Reason: spelling mistake
stringbh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 10:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Honda: How long will WR-V and Honda Jazz hold the fort? Numbers are going down.
Same question. On top of this, who is buying these 2. Can't see any VFM in these 2 cars.
Old 8th December 2021, 11:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

FADA released OEM wise Passenger Vehicle Market Share Data for the Month of November 2021 with YoY comparison.

November 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20211208_110207.jpg

On YoY basis, PV category fell by -19%

November 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20211208_110234.jpg

November dispatches to dealers

November 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20211208_110643.jpg

- Average inventory for PV ranges from 10-15 days

- Average inventory for 2W ranges from 30-35 days

- Semiconductor crises continues to haunt PV sales as despite huge bookings, Dealers are unable to satisfy customers due to supply issues resulting in long waiting periods.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th December 2021 at 11:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 11:17   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
FADA released OEM wise Passenger Vehicle Market Share Data for the Month of November 2021 with YoY comparison.
Interesting that they club together VW and Skoda, but not Fiat and PCA, which are both part of Stellantis now (in India and internationally).

Fiat brand is out, Jeep is stagnating, and Citroen has barely started after previous bad experiences by Peugeot; I wonder if the combined group may do better. There was speculation about Citroen launching an EV version of the upcoming C3, at a price of < 10 lakhs. That would provide some competition to Tata.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks