Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 11:07   #31
BHPian

@Crazy Driver: I felt that the DICOR version looked identical to the current Indica version from the outside, but I don't have a great eye for detail, so can't be sure.

Amit.
Old 18th June 2007, 12:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Tushky the pics given by you are those of the export version. The Indica has had an exterior upgrade since, with the smiley grill replaced with a flattened grill.
Old 18th June 2007, 12:34   #33
BHPian

I think, Tatas have lost the momentum in diesel market. Swift diesel is really picking up and Multijet really scores will over Dicor in terms of NVH, fuel efficiency, power and reliability. I'm not sure Indica dicor will ruffle any feathers or create any exicitement especially if priced at a little premium to TCIC indica. Tatas really need to think hard to create value proposition to their, would be, customers when they have other options corpping up. And their stock price is reflecting their difficult future.
Old 18th June 2007, 17:34   #34
Team-BHP Support

@rajdoll, one interesting aspect here is when we say "at a premium to TCIC" how much can be this premium? I have a feeling that the TCIC prices will go down further to where the NA version today is and the Dicor will take the price band of the current TCIC. This is because, as it is the DLG TCIC Indica sells for some 4.2 lacs ex-showroom whereas the Indigo Dicor is for 5.25lacs. thats a pucca 1 lakh difference. I do not see much elbow room here to fit in a DLG Dicor.

At max what Tatas will manage to do is to keep the TCIC prices the same and then price the equivalent Dicor versions at a 20-25k premium. So if they keep selling the TCIC DLG for 4.2lakhs then the Dicor DLG should be 4.4 lakhs or so.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:01   #35
BHPian

Friends,

Take a look at this TATA motors website. Indica Dicor is announced there and will be soon available in market.

Tata Motors - International Business
Old 19th June 2007, 01:51   #36

ravikn,

This page has been there for a while now since Tata started selling dicor in the foreign market.
Old 19th June 2007, 01:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Friends,

Take a look at this TATA motors website. Indica Dicor is announced there and will be soon available in market.

Tata Motors - International Business

Thats been there for a better part of a whole year.
Old 19th June 2007, 06:53   #38
BHPian

whatever it takes ....... TATA is just crap.
ask the ones who own them
Old 19th June 2007, 07:57   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt View Post
whatever it takes ....... TATA is just crap.
ask the ones who own them
From your signature, i guess you own one.

Am not qualified enough to say this, as i dont own a TATA car. However, some friends do, and dont think they all hate their cars.

TATA cars are good VFM, and offer good levels of comfort and space. If those are the priorities, then TATA cars serve well.

However, NVH, quality, reliability etc are thrown out of the window after usage for some time.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
At max what Tatas will manage to do is to keep the TCIC prices the same and then price the equivalent Dicor versions at a 20-25k premium. So if they keep selling the TCIC DLG for 4.2lakhs then the Dicor DLG should be 4.4 lakhs or so.
That is the point, it further narrows the price gap with Swit DDIS. I think, less than 50k, and with that Swift will surely look more value for money unless your need is space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, NVH, quality, reliability etc are thrown out of the window after usage for some time.
I own one, done 26k, and will agree for NVH but not reliability and quality, considering the price you pay( tell me which car offers better quality for its price in that segment).

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th June 2007 at 12:16.
Old 23rd June 2007, 17:20   #41
BHPian

Another advertisement just now in Sony Pix - Get ready for Indica DICOR!
Guys , do you have any information?
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:51   #42
BHPian

Looks True

Looks true this is a screen capture from Tata's Italian site seems to indicate the new Indica DiCOR (2007 Shape) is going to be here soon.

Think "King Julian" spotted the vehicle correctly during test runs, shope the launch is sooner than later

The Indica DiCOR (2007 Shape) was launched in Europe around Dec 06 at the Bologna Motor Show - MOTOR SHOW
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:27   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkail View Post

Pardon me for being OT, But doesn't the Telcoline manage to look absolutely handsome in this pic (its grabbing all the attention - hope the new one can manage to do the same)
Old 6th July 2007, 12:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

On Wednsday I was chatting with a person working in Tata Motors Assembly line.

When I asked him about Indica DICOR, his responce was that they are all waiting for DICOR to launch and it will be launched very soon.
He also went on to say that they are all reliaing heavily on Indica DICOR for Indica's sales growth as according to him the sales for Indica has dropped very much.
When I asked him about reference of DICOR in Indica manual and about upcoming changes in DICOR he refused to answer and simply changed the topic.
Old 6th July 2007, 13:35   #45
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i hope they change the muck ugly interiors and plastics on the indica dicor at least. the current interiors are horrendous ! i just cant stand the instrument cluster (tombstone) and the AC vents.

the 'all new' indica certainly looks promising. hope it gets here faster than i buy the diesel swift. or maybe even the diesel getz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks