Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:23   #46
rkg
Senior - BHPian

any update about the vehicle?
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:17   #47
BHPian

With the new indica coming up next year, its tough to tell, but if its really going to be launched earlier then the next-gen indica, i guess one would be well advised to wait rather than buying the TDi DLG...
Old 7th September 2007, 11:14   #48
rkg
Senior - BHPian

07 Tata Indica Dicor rating

indica dicor ratings as per some website.

07 Tata Indica Dicor rated by drivers
Old 8th September 2007, 13:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post

those are some surprising results there. Didn't expect it to score on safety and llooks.
Old 8th September 2007, 17:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Only 3 persons have voted, has to be many more till we start trusting these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post

Old 13th September 2007, 16:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

When is Indica DICOR scheduled to be launched? Am waiting so that I can change.
Old 10th October 2007, 04:47   #52
BHPian

Yesterday, I saw a Indica Dicor on the western express highway near Vile Parle. The car was exactly the same as the 2007 turbo from outside. I could clearly see the removed 'DICOR' tag markings. The interior too appeared unchanged.

Last edited by hawkeye : 10th October 2007 at 04:53.
Old 10th October 2007, 10:57   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
When is Indica DICOR scheduled to be launched? Am waiting so that I can change.

You rather wait for some time...as the current 1.4 DICOR, has reliability problems galore...Thus the delay in the launch
Old 10th October 2007, 11:14   #54
v&v
Senior - BHPian

i think 1.4 dicor has still to evolve. i have heard from many people it has still teething problem persists and noise level is also high. i was also planning to buy indigo dicor ls, i settled for tcic. i think tatas is working on improving the power to 90ps with improved torque. i feel tatas have the have habit of experimenting there new products with customer.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:07   #55
BHPian

4th Generation Indica

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I have a DLS and have comfortable gone to 120 with AC on (AC was working at that time). And i am a light footer, cant think of pressing pedal to metal..
well it was original indica , then indica v2, then turbo and now dicor !! I have V2 and have driven on Mumbai - Pune expressway with speeds upto 140 ( as shown on speedo) so I guess may have been well around 130+ ( two people on board).
Could anyone tell whats the top speed of Turbo? I wont comment on NVH characteristics or comparos, but surely my ownership experience has been love and hate one ( since 2003). maintenance cost less but time wasted for that too much ( visiting service station) and then a funny sheet inside door panel which has troubled me for two monsoons due to leakage and horrible smell in the cabin due to wet carpets. But then yeah at the kerb side petrol pumps while filling... its smile all the way. Yeah there was a typical problem of tyre punctures almost like a ritual , very regular. when checked with couple of friends who owned the same too had similar experience. Anyone has any comments on the same and whether the gen 3 has improved features on these fronts. will appreciate a feedback, please.
Old 10th October 2007, 13:13   #56
BHPian

Tyres have been good till now. No punctures till 12k - tyres are bridgestones. For some reason my brother's Indica (non-turbo) which came with JK tyres, had many punctures. This car also was mainly city driven and similar to my car.
Old 10th October 2007, 14:39   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
well it was original indica , then indica v2, then turbo and now dicor !! I have V2 and have driven on Mumbai - Pune expressway with speeds upto 140 ( as shown on speedo) so I guess may have been well around 130+ ( two people on board).
Could anyone tell whats the top speed of Turbo? I wont comment on NVH characteristics or comparos, but surely my ownership experience has been love and hate one ( since 2003). maintenance cost less but time wasted for that too much ( visiting service station) and then a funny sheet inside door panel which has troubled me for two monsoons due to leakage and horrible smell in the cabin due to wet carpets. But then yeah at the kerb side petrol pumps while filling... its smile all the way. Yeah there was a typical problem of tyre punctures almost like a ritual , very regular. when checked with couple of friends who owned the same too had similar experience. Anyone has any comments on the same and whether the gen 3 has improved features on these fronts. will appreciate a feedback, please.
I have the a 2004 DLS, it came with the JK tornados as stock. Quite horrible if you ask me, skids with minimal braking and punctures have become a weekly affair nowadays. Not a problem as I'll be getting new tyres this week.
Old 10th October 2007, 15:32   #58
BHPian

Ok. so we have two reports on punctures on Indica ( JKT) here and 3 that I have referred . Mine were Bridgestone tyres so that removes the beneefit of doubt to blame it on tyre make. any more inputs. Deep you are lucky ('touchwood' ) if have better experience with tyres.
Old 13th October 2007, 08:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

I have done 68 K on My Indica. Just replaced the Original Tonados with new ones. I have had punctures but nothing to get alarmed about. One puncture in about 6 months. Punctures I believe are more related to the road conditions. Check the tyre pressure regularly and you should not have any problems.
Old 13th October 2007, 10:15   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As of today, Tatas DICOR still appears to be in a testing / marketing phase. They havent even upgraded the drivetrain; thus the DICOR's output is 70BHP. Exactly the same as its TDI sibling (with intercooler). Sure the common-rail has marginally better driveability but is it worth a 50K premium?

As long as power numbers remain the same, I dont think so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks