Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 16:32   #151
BHPian

Skoda is not a very established name in most parts of the world. So, I won't care much for that royalty!
Old 1st July 2007, 22:59   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Where?

Skoda is the oldest surviving car manufacturer in Europe.

It is as 'established' as its now stable-mates, VW and Audi. I guess VAG had to make it better than good to turn around the dreadfully negative associations the name had when they bought it.

But neither Fabia nor Swift are 'premium' cars... Skoda is the budget member of the VAG family, and Suzuki is low-budget.

The fact that the low-budget Swift turned out to be an international award winner is remarkable, and I'm not running it down for what it is --- I've got one!

With the Fabia, a lot will depend on what gets cut out for the Indian market/pricing. Airbags? pretensioning seatbelts?

Heck... my Swift didn't even come with a parcel shelf! Or a rear demister.
Old 26th July 2007, 15:37   #153

Hi guys.....just click the link below and see what all are coming
http://www.autoindia.com/News/auto-news-india757.html

Its too early to decide for/against the Fabia...look at its competitors...wow... Its really going to be a dogfight here!
Old 26th July 2007, 16:54   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But also, the FIAT 1.3 JTD is supposed to have much lower NVH levels compared to the 1.4 TDi.
Considering the emission norms about to kick in shortly for diesel engines would be interesting to see if skoda goes in for a non-common rail engine.
Old 31st July 2007, 00:42   #155
BANNED

hey guys, fabia is not going to get the current tdi engine used in octavia. its gonna have an all new engine which meets the euro 4 norms and lower NVH levels.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:06   #156
BHPian

Law & Kenneth bags upcoming Skoda Fabia

Source:agencyfaqs! > the complete Indian advertising, media & marketing site

Following a pitch process, Law & Kenneth has won its first auto account – the upcoming Skoda Fabia. Sources close to the development have confirmed this to agencyfaqs! Ad spends for the Skoda Fabia are pegged at Rs 20 crore.

As the account has already moved to the agency, it is obvious that the car will be launched soon in the Indian market, probably by the end of 2007 or early next year, if sources are to be believed. The Skoda Fabia is reportedly a rage in Europe in the mid size car segment.
Old 10th August 2007, 20:28   #157
BHPian

Spotted Fabia's too

I have been seeing quite a few Fabia's with its SKODA emblem under cover in Bangalore. I saw them on ORR and near Whitefield.

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 10th August 2007, 21:49   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
I have been seeing quite a few Fabia's with its SKODA emblem under cover in Bangalore. I saw them on ORR and near Whitefield.

Cheers

Sateesh
hey, not only you, lot of people have been seeing fabia being test driven on roads of bangalore .
Old 10th August 2007, 22:04   #159
BANNED

hey, guys...when are the bookings officially starting. i am eagerly waiting for it.
Old 2nd December 2007, 09:29   #160
BHPian

order placed already on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hey, guys...when are the bookings officially starting. i am eagerly waiting for it.
If you already a own a Skoda car then you can place an order with Dealer.

My Dad personally went to Skoda dealer with my uncle(who owns one Skoda) to inquire about the Skoda Fabia launch. It seems the dealer told him that there are about 400 orders placed by Skoda owners already for Fabia. Some paid 25K and others paid about 50K advance towards booking.

That is coming straight from the dealer so we have take their word for it.

Now the questions arises about how many Skodas are out there ?

Here is the question I have... For people who placed an order wants to back out after the car is launched can they get their money back ? I wonder how this works in India?

Thanks
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:25   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Here is the question I have... For people who placed an order wants to back out after the car is launched can they get their money back ? I wonder how this works in India?
If this thread is to be believed, people have started booking Fabia paying initial amounts months ago. And they still dont have a launch date.

Whats with this Skoda craze?
Old 2nd December 2007, 23:35   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hey guys, fabia is not going to get the current tdi engine used in octavia. its gonna have an all new engine which meets the euro 4 norms and lower NVH levels.
it is speculated it will come with the 1.4 PD TDI engine.
Old 2nd December 2007, 23:42   #163
BANNED

I heard from some sources its a 1.4 Pump Duse . Same Laura tech but 3-cylinders , hope they give DSG also!! Top end variant is loaded crazy, Sunroof, Xenons, Leather, Cruise.
Old 3rd December 2007, 13:21   #164
BHPian

In NDTV car & Bike show they said the Fabia is getting launched in Jan 2008 and in next episode there is a program on the same. I feel they might launch it during the auto Expo in Delhi
Old 3rd December 2007, 13:47   #165
BHPian

Spoke with the dealer yesterday - their sales people have gone to the plan for training - an indication that launch is Jan 08.

TAFE (the Bangalore dealer) told me that they already have 300 soft bookings (i.e. ready to book)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks