Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 12:44   #571
BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India

Stage 1 Remapped my W212 E200 :

My 2014 facelift W212 with just 22090 kms on ODO is now remapped. I chose quantum tuning for the map. Mr. Kunjan Patel, authorized and training guy from quantum operates from Ahmedabad only. So he offered to come home. So there are 3 ways to remap: OBD tuning, Bench Tuning and BOOT tuning. They don’t open the ECU for bench tuning. He chose Bench tuning, where ECU needs to be removed from car for a complete access to required files. Quantum Red map was written on ECU and car was remapped in approx. 1 hr.

First impressions:
1) The idle became further refined, it’s hard to tell if engine is on.
2) The low-end pull became more affirm, having no lag. However, its just 400 Nm torque so the effect is not as good as a diesel tune.
3) The major difference I felt today was on top end, during my drive on freshly opened Vadodara - Bharuch stretch of Expressway. Earlier the pull in D7 from 100 kmph was very lethargic, so had to downshift in D6 and now it pulls cleanly in D7, thanks to that additional torque. The same can be visualized in their dyno map as well.
4) When driven with light foot, the remap is hard to notice, unlike all VAG cars. As you can see from the graph, the gains are not too high below 2000 rpm, so if you stay above 2000 rpm then it feels much faster.
5) I think the effect is not that impressive due to slow 7 speed gearbox as well. Quantum offers TCU remap as well for faster shift times. I may go for it in coming days.
6) The service B is due in 30 days and I decided to remap before that. I think after replacing the air filter the gains could be bit more visible.

W212 Bosch ECU
Attached Thumbnails
Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-img_0004.jpg  

Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-img_0005.jpg  

Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-img_0006.jpg  

Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-quantum_map.jpg  

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 26th February 2024 at 12:45.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 09:18   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Stage 1 Remapped my W212 E200 :

My 2014 facelift W212 with just 22090 kms on ODO is now remapped. I chose quantum tuning for the map. Mr. Kunjan Patel, authorized and training guy from quantum operates from Ahmedabad only. So he offered to come home. So there are 3 ways to remap: OBD tuning, Bench Tuning and BOOT tuning. They don’t open the ECU for bench tuning. He chose Bench tuning, where ECU needs to be removed from car for a complete access to required files. Quantum Red map was written on ECU and car was remapped in approx. 1 hr.

First impressions:
1) The idle became further refined, it’s hard to tell if engine is on.
2) The low-end pull became more affirm, having no lag. However, its just 400 Nm torque so the effect is not as good as a diesel tune.
3) The major difference I felt today was on top end, during my drive on freshly opened Vadodara - Bharuch stretch of Expressway. Earlier the pull in D7 from 100 kmph was very lethargic, so had to downshift in D6 and now it pulls cleanly in D7, thanks to that additional torque. The same can be visualized in their dyno map as well.
4) When driven with light foot, the remap is hard to notice, unlike all VAG cars. As you can see from the graph, the gains are not too high below 2000 rpm, so if you stay above 2000 rpm then it feels much faster.
5) I think the effect is not that impressive due to slow 7 speed gearbox as well. Quantum offers TCU remap as well for faster shift times. I may go for it in coming days.
6) The service B is due in 30 days and I decided to remap before that. I think after replacing the air filter the gains could be bit more visible.

W212 Bosch ECU
I have a 2013 E200 facelift. Got a remap at 4S auto here, its a Celtic tuning programme. The car's behaviour has changed completely. Very responsive with good torque. I don't have the exact gain figures but now feel brakes are lagging for the increased power. Is it true that the brakes on the E350 CDI are bigger? Maybe need those or pads with better bite.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st March 2024 at 10:40. Reason: Minor clean up edits.
scooby05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 13:57   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
+1 on this.My CLA sees less usage. So during annual service, the service personnel have gone to the extent of checking the cabin air filter & recommending that it need not be changed as it is still very clean. They do this for all consumable parts (like brake pads, filters etc) if I let the executive know that it is a low usage vehicle. There is no push for "3M" cleaning & all other common scams done by Maruti, Hyundai service centers. Overall a very enjoyable & stress free experience. Many times, my Creta & Baleno gets estimates (with additional "items") more than what I pay for CLA service
Would you recommend getting a pre-owned CLA 2015 model with 60k kms on the clock, at 22 lakhs?
What kind of service bills do you get with the CLA generally and how expensive has it been to maintain it?
Old 5th March 2024, 11:49   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
Would you recommend getting a pre-owned CLA 2015 model with 60k kms on the clock, at 22 lakhs?

22 lakhs is kinda a high price. I paid 36L OTR for my 2019 petrol model. If you like fast sedans, this is really a good car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
What kind of service bills do you get with the CLA generally and how expensive has it been to maintain it?
Varies b/w 20-32k / year. Engine Oil is changed every service. For the other parts @ Sundaram, service advisor checks and lets me which needs to be replaced or not. Usually cabin air filters, brake pads are changed every 2 years.
car_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 09:53   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I have a 2013 E200 facelift. Got a remap at 4S auto here, its a Celtic tuning programme. The car's behaviour has changed completely. Very responsive with good torque. I don't have the exact gain figures but now feel brakes are lagging for the increased power. Is it true that the brakes on the E350 CDI are bigger? Maybe need those or pads with better bite.
Hey Nice to find someone using same car on this forum. I am not sure if E350 has bigger brakes, but depending upon mileage, you may check the condition of brake discs and pads. Mine is still running on stock pads and discs since she is still kind of virgin with only 23000 kms. After market option is Brembo, which I used in my W204 and it was much better compared to any other available aftermarket. By the way, how much have you driven and any issues on long term?
Old 31st March 2024, 23:36   #576

Any suggestions for aftermarket brake pads for my 2010 E350 (W212).

Also any good FNG in NCR who could be trusted with this job?

Thanks.
Old 23rd April 2024, 10:14   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptAM View Post
Any suggestions for aftermarket brake pads for my 2010 E350 (W212).

Also any good FNG in NCR who could be trusted with this job?

Thanks.
you can check with United motors, Chennai. He keeps good stocks of rotors and pads from Brembo.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks