Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2022, 12:50   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

Which are the better channels to sell the old car and realize a better value than going for an exchange and differential payment.

This is for Bangalore. Any advice deeply appreciated.
Best to check prices for similar year, mileage, and variant C Class online on carwale / OLX; and accordingly list and sell your vehicle yourself.
Make sure to get the ownership transferred yourself & do not rely on broker / buyer to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Interesting that the customer is asked to acquit MB of any issues when the transmission jerkiness on such a recent vehicle is quietly ignored. If the recommendation is that the transmission oil has to be changed 4y/60k, what is the reason for it to be changed so early? MB won't address that?

Will MB sign off on the transmission running perfectly from now on and they will compensate you in case the transmission issues pop up again? Typical bs.
We've owned 3 Dual clutch equipped vehicles : Laura, Tiguan, and the C220D. All of them have required a gearbox oil change at the 4yr / 60Kkm mark (whichever is earlier). The same was not required for our CVT A6, Corolla; Torque Converter E/3/5.

If it is mandated for the gearbox on the C200, and if not done - MB can acquit themselves for any gearbox issue that arises until end of warranty period (6 years if OP has taken max extended warranty).
In some cases, it can even help with a goodwill warranty / goodwill discount to have a proper service history if the gearbox gives up post warranty.

Similarly, if the jerkiness is there and if the car is under warranty, OP should take it up with Mercedes to investigate and have it recorded in his service history in case any issue arises in future.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 08:41   #437
BHPian

Hey I am looking for new wiper blades for my 2015 C220D. Any help from where I can get these. I live in Ludhiana and the dealership is quoting Rs. 12k for a new set of wipers.
Old 18th June 2022, 09:07   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Hey I am looking for new wiper blades for my 2015 C220D. Any help from where I can get these. I live in Ludhiana and the dealership is quoting Rs. 12k for a new set of wipers.
Try on https://www.autofolk.in/. The Bosch Aerotwins are really good and were delivered in 8-10 days.
Old 18th June 2022, 09:12   #439
BHPian

Will a local mechanic be able to install them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Try on https://www.autofolk.in/. The Bosch Aerotwins are really good and were delivered in 8-10 days.
Old 18th June 2022, 09:13   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Will a local mechanic be able to install them?
Yes. You can check on YouTube and there would be many videos on how to install wipers for a C Class.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:30   #441
BHPian

https://www.autofolk.in/bosch-clear-...blades?size=24

Can you please check and let me know if this is the one. I think it's 24", couldn't find the specifications in the owner's manual.

The price quote is a fraction of what the company is asking for.

Quote:
Yes. You can check on YouTube and there would be many videos on how to install wipers for a C Class.
Old 18th June 2022, 09:37   #442
BHPian

Go for the Bosch Aerotwin range. They are the premium blades and the packet contains connectors/adapters for a variety of cars. Check this video for changing the wiper blades.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:40   #443
BHPian

Awesome, thanks. Can you share the link too so that I can place the order. Also are both wipers 24" or is it a 24 and 22" pair

Quote:
Go for the Bosch Aerotwin range. They are the premium blades and the packet contains connectors/adapters for a variety of cars. Check this video for changing the wiper blades. https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=ZfnoaG77kB0
rickygupta2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 10:13   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome, thanks. Can you share the link too so that I can place the order. Also are both wipers 24" or is it a 24 and 22" pair
Not able to find what is the exact size. You can take a measuring tape and find out before ordering. That would be convenient rather than ordering the wrong sizes.
adi.mariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:53   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Even I used to face the 7G-tronic's jerkiness issue and occasional sluggishness, which is widely talked and discussed about on international forums. I wasn't getting any transmission error or check engine error, and I had changed the transmission oil periodically in my W176 A-Class, however this issue kept bothering me. Solution? A transmission reset. All it takes is a few minutes, and you can do it anywhere without plugging in or connecting any external devices to your vehicle. I followed the steps based on this link, and it has smoothened out the jerks, and the transmission doesn't feel as sluggish as before. Hope it helps.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0kb4Zj55E
I was casually going through this thread since I recently bought a W204 C220 and wanted to understand the issues that I can look forward. Came across your post to reset the transmission. My car has clocked over 80000 kms and since i bought i was not happy with behavior of car in city traffic. The gearbox was sluggish and not shifting as smooth as my GT TSI. I am already planning for gear oil change with authorized service center, thinking that this behavior is attributable to oil change.

Then your post came to rescue. Did the reset procedure correctly, and I could feel the difference in shifting. city driving is now more enjoyable in true merc sense. The car now feels more sporty. I cant thank you and forum enough for keeping such crucial information handy.

Also one strange thing i have noticed, I do NE1 expressway daily, so 250 kms drive. I have observed that in cold start the car and gearbox feels very agile and smooth but after finishing triple digit speeds on NE1, entering in city, the same agile feel is gone. I feel like the car doesnt want to be pushed. The throttle feels more sluggish and engine sounds more gruff. Could be just in my mind or do i need to address something?

Car will go to MB service station in next weeks. Transmission oil has to be changed and i am planning an oil service also since all services were done outside since past 3 years from previous owner. What are the costs that i am looking for? Any pointers would help.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:22   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
I was casually going through this thread since I recently bought a W204 C220 and wanted to understand the issues that I can look forward. Came across your post to reset the transmission. My car has clocked over 80000 kms and since i bought i was not happy with behavior of car in city traffic. The gearbox was sluggish and not shifting as smooth as my GT TSI. I am already planning for gear oil change with authorized service center, thinking that this behavior is attributable to oil change.

Then your post came to rescue. Did the reset procedure correctly, and I could feel the difference in shifting. city driving is now more enjoyable in true merc sense. The car now feels more sporty. I cant thank you and forum enough for keeping such crucial information handy.

Also one strange thing i have noticed, I do NE1 expressway daily, so 250 kms drive. I have observed that in cold start the car and gearbox feels very agile and smooth but after finishing triple digit speeds on NE1, entering in city, the same agile feel is gone. I feel like the car doesnt want to be pushed. The throttle feels more sluggish and engine sounds more gruff. Could be just in my mind or do i need to address something?

Car will go to MB service station in next weeks. Transmission oil has to be changed and i am planning an oil service also since all services were done outside since past 3 years from previous owner. What are the costs that i am looking for? Any pointers would help.

Last year I got a W204 C200 at 36300kms used, I was also skeptical of the same behaviour, the gearshifts were very jerky at times and the lever was heavy too, changed a gearbox mount and the jerks went away, will do gear oil service this year.
As MB service is daylight robbery and the car sees light usage, I am using the service of a Mercedes expert BHPian doing his own FNG arrangement now, you may contact him for parts, his ID is Viraat13.
I also changed brake pads to ATE make with him.
Work was economical and satisfactory.

Cheers
dhruvritzed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 11:18   #447
BHPian

Hi. So I bought a 2010 Mercedes Benz C Class C220 CDI (W204) recently and the suspension seems hard/noisy. Took it to an independent garage here in Kochi and they suggested changing all the parts of the suspension with the prices as marked in the image. Not sure of the brand but I think they mentioned it as Sachs. Any idea of alternative garages in Kochi area for a second opinion?
Attached Thumbnails
Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-screenshot-20220714-111537.jpg  

rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 07:05   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hi. So I bought a 2010 Mercedes Benz C Class C220 CDI (W204) recently and the suspension seems hard/noisy. Took it to an independent garage here in Kochi and they suggested changing all the parts of the suspension with the prices as marked in the image. Not sure of the brand but I think they mentioned it as Sachs. Any idea of alternative garages in Kochi area for a second opinion?
Not sure of the brand but these prices seem way lower than the OEM prices. I have a 2019 C 220d which had its entire shock and buffer set in the front changed under warranty (became hard) last year and I saw the total amount (billed to me for zero but values mentioned for internal accounting) around 1.4 Lakhs. Mind you this is only Front set.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 09:37   #449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Took it to an independent garage here in Kochi and they suggested changing all the parts of the suspension with the prices as marked in the image. Not sure of the brand but I think they mentioned it as Sachs.
Not directly related to a Mercedes, but I have Sachs shock absorbers on my Pajero, which was the brand put on by the garage i go to. In my personal opinion, they ride harder than the stock suspension and not the most comfortable.
Old 24th August 2022, 17:29   #450

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum and as exciting as it may, it's gonna be a tragic one. So my brother & I recently bought a pre-owned Mercedes benz c200 kompressor (W204, 2010), 36,000km on the odo. The seller was asking for 10 lacs but we managed to get it low enough to make it a sweet deal, pretty exciting huh!

Just when we were riding high on owning a merc, we got into trouble. So my dad was driving the car, it was raining pretty good that week here in the NCR, and he took it on a water logged road. Many other cars were also smoothly wading through as what my dad describes a puddle, the merc stopped. My dad left the car there, to be towed into local garage in gurgaon and jump forward a few weeks the garage handed us a bill of 2 lacs for engine overhaul. One of the piston shaft had broken and the oil pump needed to be replaced. This was really disheartening 😔.

Now the car is back, engine sounds and runs fine but there's a few fault warnings popping up on the car's screen. It shows "ESP indicator inoperative" & "Run flat indicator inoperative" and also there's the warning triangle light on. I brought it up with the local garage guy and he told me to drive the car for around 1500km and not worry as this has nothing to do with the engine. After that he plans an oil & filter change. But i now have trouble believing that a thing such as an ESP error warning is nothing to worry about. It would really help me if anyone here can help who might know or have faced a similar issue with their car.

Ps: all our cars have been facing issues recently, one after the other. Either they get in an accident or they break down unexpectedly despite timely services from authorised service centers(dealers). Merc, being our first pre-owned car, was repaired at a third party garage , also the dealers probably would have charged a hell lot more than what the local garage billed us for. Please pray for my bad omen to melt away! 🙏
Prashast_Goyal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks