Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2022, 06:00   #406
BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If these are the same bridgestone Turanza's that came stock on our 2016 W205 C220d : there are some much nicer options available including the P4ST.
Did switching to new tyres solve the ride quality and squeaky suspension noise issue?

Mod Note - Please quote only relevant portion, Thanks.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st April 2022 at 06:39.
Old 1st April 2022, 13:35   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katil.garage View Post
Did switching to new tyres solve the ride quality and squeaky suspension noise issue?
I didn't have any squeaky suspension noise in mine - unless it was overshadowed by the squeaky brakes & couple of odd rattles from sunroof / parcel tray that keep on coming up.
But yes, it improved ride quality by a decent margin - but the firm ride is due to a combination of factors including the suspension set up : a brilliant highway cruiser, but not the best for city roads.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 16:21   #408

Where do I get my Mercedes C200 serviced in Delhi NCR?

Hello fellow BHPians

This is my first thread and I wish it was about something more positive.

But I'm really tired of the Mercedes service centers that charge unreal prices and end up cutting it down to half on haggling.
I understand that these vehicles command a higher service charge but the drastic reduction in prices upon haggling seems shady and I'd like to step away from the oem service centers.

I want a reliable workshop for my 2020 C200 in Delhi NCR. One that provides decent service at appropriate prices. I wonder if you all have any recommendations for me

Thank you!
Old 6th May 2022, 19:29   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Where do I get my Mercedes C200 serviced in Delhi NCR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalidaa View Post
Hello fellow BHPians
Welcome to the forum.
Quote:
I want a reliable workshop for my 2020 C200 in Delhi NCR. One that provides decent service at appropriate prices. I wonder if you all have any recommendations for me
You can look up the Team-BHP Directory for such recommendations. The place I visit is https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...new-delhi.html (Friendly Neighborhood Garage (FNG) - Imtiaz & Ayub (New Delhi)); though I don't own a Mercedes personally, they have worked on a couple of friends' Mercedes a few times (and done a good job of it).
Old 6th May 2022, 19:35   #410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm really tired of the Mercedes service centers that charge unreal prices and end up cutting it down to half on haggling.

I want a reliable workshop for my 2020 C200 in Delhi NCR. One that provides decent service at appropriate prices.
Welcome to the forum.

I will not suggest you take car outside as most likely your car will be in warranty (3 Years is standard on MB if I am not mistaken)

You will need to stick with MB Dealers. I will suggest using T&T as they are better than anyone else in NCR. When you say haggling, I assume, it has to do with optional services that the dealers add. I will continue this practice of being watchful of the jobs they put on the job card. Usually, they will pass 10-15% discounts on labour and occasionally on spares depending on the promotions they run.

Have a look at this thread

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-india-28.html (Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India)
Old 6th May 2022, 20:26   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I will not suggest you take car outside as most likely your car will be in warranty (3 Years is standard on MB if I am not mistaken)
Quote:
...2020 C200...
Right. I missed the fact that it is a 2020 vehicle.
Old 7th May 2022, 17:03   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians

But I'm really tired of the Mercedes service centers that charge unreal prices and end up cutting it down to half on haggling.
I understand that these vehicles command a higher service charge but the drastic reduction in prices upon haggling seems shady and I'd like to step away from the oem service centers.

Thank you!
Try GT Tuner for transparency.
Old 12th May 2022, 13:30   #413

Hi,

I have a query regarding my 2015 Merc C Class C200 Petrol. On 29th April, my merc was showing this on the dashboard. I thought that the battery is low and then asked my driver to drive around for a while and the same message went away after around 15-20 mins of drive.

Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-whatsapp-image-20220429-2.42.50-pm.jpeg

After this, the car was running fine till 9th May when my driver told me that the car is not starting. I scolded him thinking that he may have run down the battery by using AC while I wasn't there. After this, my driver took the car to a battery jump-start guy upon which the car again started running fine.

Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-whatsapp-image-20220509-5.37.13-pm.jpeg

My queries are as follows:

Since the indicator was showing a different problem (as seen in the first and second image) - is the problem only battery related or is there something more to it. I think the first time it showed battery but the second time it was showing engine. Bit tired of spending so much money on the car already till now so want some opinion before I take it to the garage. I haven't used the car since 9th May and have been using my other car so that the problem is not aggravated.

Would be great to have some opinion from the fellow boarders. Thanks a lot in adavance.
Old 12th May 2022, 15:59   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyst View Post

Since the indicator was showing a different problem (as seen in the first and second image) - is the problem only battery related or is there something more to it. I think the first time it showed battery but the second time it was showing engine. Bit tired of spending so much money on the car already till now so want some opinion before I take it to the garage. I haven't used the car since 9th May and have been using my other car so that the problem is not aggravated.
I personally think it is due to a low battery.
Your original battery lasted a fair 6.5-7 years which is great!

I'd get the battery tested first and then take it from there.

Would be great to know what other issues you're facing / faced with the vehicle too since you mentioned it is becoming a money pit.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 18:11   #415

Quote:
Would be great to know what other issues you're facing/faced with the vehicle too since you mentioned it is becoming a money pit.
Ohh I feel I made the mistake of buying a second-hand one last year - it was bought from Audi Mumbai South - driven by a big-shot fund manager who only used ASS always (spent 9 lakhs in 5 years before I bought, one scratch and he would take it to ASS to get it repaired) and had done only 40k km. Looks almost like a new one.

Not sure if this is a replaced battery - would need to check!!

First came the AC issue (some parts - I think it was cooling coil - inside it not working) - went to ASS and they made an estimate of 2.5 lakhs which after multiple negotiations came down to 1.5 lakhs. Then I went to a trusted mechanic in Peddar Road Mumbai (a friend in my building has been regularly servicing his BMW there). He did the job in 50k but after a month or so the issue resurfaced. Again I spent another 50k with him. After a few months, the arms of the front wheel start making squeaky sounds - so another 50k down the drain to fix the same.

Then I had to change tires as I wasn't sure if I would use the old ones while taking out of down and for Micheline Pilot Sports 4 - another 50k down the drain. When it came to insurance I wanted peace of mind with bumper-to-bumper protection and another 60k down the drain. A routine service with Mercedes meant another 40k down the drain.

In total, after 8 months I have spent almost 3 lakhs already on the car, and now this issue. And this is when I am getting work done outside of ASS. The car has hardly run 5k km.

And now another issue - the best case would be the battery but if there is something else then God knows

I think unless one has a lot of running, there is no point in buying a second-hand luxury car - the price is just too much for the little driving one does. And since I have a driver and a C class has pretty ordinary back seat experience - it doesn't make sense at all.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th May 2022 at 20:18. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Analyst is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 19:43   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I think unless one has a lot of running, there is no point in buying a second-hand luxury car - the price is just too much for the little driving one does. And since I have a driver and a C class has pretty ordinary back seat experience - it doesn't make sense at all.
To be honest, most of these are wear and tear items that would anyways have to have been replaced or items you cannot compromise on and would be part and parcel of premium car ownership - such as the tyres, insurance, service, etc.
The other costs too are unfortunately part and parcel of owning a premium second vehicle - there are many posts on precautions to take when buying a pre-owned luxury car : the biggest tip being to make sure there is enough money left out of the budget to account for maintenance! Another is to comb through the service history - Rs. 9L for maintenance over 5 years is overkill even if it included frequent body work - which is a red flag as it indicates the car may not have been driven or looked after the way it was meant to be! This is nearly 3X of what it should be including gearbox oil change, etc.

That being said, there are tips and tricks to keep maintenance on the lower side too - find a good independent mechanic. Many garages will have fancy cars, but very few can actually work on them and deliver results!
Except for bigger items - like our C220D requires a gearbox oil change every 4 years - I will prefer to get that done at the dealer even though it would cost a whole lot more as they know what to do.
Similarly, shop around for insurance - I believe my premium for our 2016 C220D was around 50-52K; it should be similar if not lower for your 2015 C200.

If you feel that the car isn't really fit for your needs - you can try and sell it right now (as it's a seller's market - you may not loose much), and pick up something better suited to your needs once the market normalizes (hopefully!)
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 16:31   #417

Quote:
I personally think it is due to a low battery.
Your original battery lasted a fair 6.5-7 years which is great!

I'd get the battery tested first and then take it from there.

Would be great to know what other issues you're facing / faced with the vehicle too since you mentioned it is becoming a money pit.
I got the battery tested by Amaron guys and they are saying battery is fine. They also said that the alternator is fine but there might be some other electrical issue. Any good leads for someone who does a good job of electricals for such luxury cars? Or any other thoughts on the next step?
Old 18th May 2022, 16:54   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any good leads for someone who does a good job of electricals for such luxury cars? Or any other thoughts on the next step?
There are a few mentioned in the T-BHP directory, and I've been personally sending my BMW to Redline Autohaus in Andheri who is also featured in some reports here.

I haven't had any mechanical issues out of warranty on the C220D barring aesthetic bits (sagging roof liner, etc.), or small stuff like power window buttons dying on me which has been fixed by Viper Performance.

That being said, the first step should be to check the error code during a scan which shouldn't be much trouble with the right equipment.
Old 18th May 2022, 17:37   #419
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got the battery tested by Amaron guys and they are saying battery is fine.
Quote:
After this, my driver took the car to a battery jump-start guy upon which the car again started running fine.
If your car is running fine, this may be related to jump-start, but not sure. I will take it to the dealership and let them find the fault by hooking it to server instead of taking it outside. Dealership may be able to remove the fault codes and this can go away. If they present a larger estimate, you can take the car outside based on the diagnostics done by the dealership.

You should consider buying a charger rather than doing jump-start in future.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th May 2022 at 17:44.
Old 19th May 2022, 12:50   #420
BHPian

hello all
Is anyone facing issues with the MBUX system in the facelifted GLC 220d? Mine is a 2020 model manufactured in June.
Everything was fine until 1-month post-delivery. The MBUX system hangs up for an indefinite amount of time and freezes with "Mercedes Benz" in the screen. It won't respond to any of the buttons on the central console or the steering wheel.

I did try stopping the car and switching off the ignition to restart it. It did the trick on most of the occasions but the problem keeps recurring often. My service station did the necessary checks after having raised the issue and it worked fine for them whilst my GLC was in for its 1st service.

I did a google search and managed to find a hack to restart the MBUX by pressing and holding the ''RADIO & *" buttons on the central console. It did the trick most of the time but the issue kept cropping up often. The reverse cam, drive modes, audio, and safety assist systems won't work during this time. It's like a windows PC hanging up and then nothing works until you press the CTRL + ALT + DEL buttons to force restart.

The service head said that its a peculiar "one-off" issue that they've never come across before. After discussion with the Mercedes service team online they then decided to replace the hard disk drive of my car's MBUX unit. But to my agony, it failed to work and now the service head has suggested replacing the entire MBUX control head unit (thankfully under warranty) The part in question isn't readily available in Chakan, Pune. They've placed an order from MB HQ at Germany. This according to them might take a month at least to arrive and as of now they don't have an ETA for that part.

Meanwhile, I did escalate the issue to MB customer care HQ including Mr. Santosh Iyer in the loop(sales and marketing head) following which the local service head was kind enough to offer me a brand new GLC as a courtesy car in the interim.
Seems after spending 70 lac rupees on a brand that you would bet to provide excellent service and backup in times of need, the car I love the most turned out to be a "lemon" in terms of the tech that's packed within it.
Too much tech, is it a boon or bane?

Only time will have to tell as my agony continues. Will keep you all updated as and when anything happens.
Fingers crossed
Name:  image04274.jpeg
Views: 918
Size:  50.6 KB

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th May 2022 at 13:02. Reason: Edited for spacing and grammar. Please proofread before posting. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks