Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 10:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well - no one has answered my query - whats the link between Audi and Skoda?
Both are owned by the VW group,so essentially they are from the same family.
Old 18th July 2007, 11:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Audi/VW/Skoda/Seat blong to the same group & hence share a lot of platforms, engines, running gear etc. The main differences between them are styling & interiors.
Old 18th July 2007, 12:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
want a boot??

the indian accent came with a boot and the americans had a hatch option. in that case an A3 with a boot should not be a surprise.

What do you guys say?
haha nice 1, but the A3 hasnt been designed and is neither sold with 2 versions like accent, fiesta, verna etc etc.
Old 21st July 2007, 01:12   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Audi/VW/Skoda/Seat blong to the same group & hence share a lot of platforms, engines, running gear etc. The main differences between them are styling & interiors.
the main difference between Audi/vw/skoda is not only the styling/interiors etc..but the brand image. Audi caters to the high end luxury car buyers and skoda caters to the lower segment. it is also known as the "poor mans mercedes". they belong to the same company doesnt meen that all there brands are similar. not only the brand image, but technology used ,interior quality,build quality,suspension, safety features...etc. also differ from brand to brand.
Old 21st July 2007, 01:29   #50
BANNED

Audi A3 is a Hatchback(no dikki)...Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandeep81 View Post
haha nice 1, but the A3 hasnt been designed and is neither sold with 2 versions like accent, fiesta, verna etc etc.
yyup, i totally agree, it cant be launched with a boot..(lolz)...A3 is sold as a hatch all over the world, unlike the cars u mentioned. secondly, why would they launch A3 with a boot,think before you say guys, i think they already have an A4....soooo..an A3 with a boot wud become an A4...
so, please accept A3 as a hatchback. and as am i sayin again..again, dont get your hopes high, its not gonna cost less then 15lacs(explained about this in my earlier posts). its not gonna compete with hondas or toyota,skodas etc. it would carve a nitche for itself. it wud be for those people who want a luxury car brand but dont have the budget to buy a A4/3 series/c class. and guys, dont think that its a small car,just beacause its an hatchback. check its tech spec. it is as big as A4, minus the boot. soo, what i mean is even at 15 lacs, it wud definitely be a great buy.after all its an AUDI.
Old 21st July 2007, 13:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

true , its very unlikely for audi to sell A3 at that price.but if they do manage to sell it at that price it will be a bargain , as mentioned earlier the car is of the same size as that of lancer ,and if lancer is worthy of a price close to ten lakhs then definately paying three lakh more for audi of same size is worth it.boot or no boot
Old 21st July 2007, 15:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
the ... it is also known as the "poor mans mercedes".
i dont think anyone calls an AUDI that.
Audi compares head to head with every Mercedes model and sometimes even beats the Merc at it.
...and just think about the RS4. I dont think I need to say more.
Old 21st July 2007, 18:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

amitverma, i think sanchits was talking about the skoda not the audi brand
Old 21st July 2007, 20:18   #54
BHPian

if A4 is A3 + boot then when we will come it will look A4 from the front ,and when we go who cares would be already gone
Old 21st July 2007, 20:40   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
i dont think anyone calls an AUDI that.
Audi compares head to head with every Mercedes model and sometimes even beats the Merc at it.
...and just think about the RS4. I dont think I need to say more.
hey, i wasnt talking about audi being that. Skoda is considered as "the poor mans mercsedes". i know all about Audi and i rank it above merc with there S line, they are simple awesome.
Old 21st July 2007, 20:51   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
true , its very unlikely for audi to sell A3 at that price.but if they do manage to sell it at that price it will be a bargain , as mentioned earlier the car is of the same size as that of lancer ,and if lancer is worthy of a price close to ten lakhs then definately paying three lakh more for audi of same size is worth it.boot or no boot
finally i see someone agreeing with me. just by reading that stupid report, people have started to think that its gonna cost for 10 - 15lacs. its just NOT possible, even if it was, then it wud have been a car specialy made for india, which is again not possible. so for thos who are planning to buy this car for 10,11,12 or 13 lacs for that matter.dream on...thats all i want to say.
Old 21st July 2007, 21:09   #57
BANNED

hey, considering the prices in asia, in singapre A3 costs 109,000 SGD, which converts to around 29 lacs in indian currency. in USA A3 starts from $25,000(approx 10 lacs) and A4 price starts from $28,000(approx 11.5 lacs) A4 in india costs more than double that amount, for around 30 lacs. so its evident, that how much an A3 would cost.
so i believe the right news should be, "Audi A3 to take on camry,superb,crv.
Old 21st July 2007, 21:18   #58
BANNED

but by the time A3 comes to india, audi's assembly plant would be operational, so that would bring down the cost considerably as it would come as a CKD. but still, nowhere between 10 -15 lacs. but rather should cost between 15-20 lacs.
Old 24th July 2007, 14:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
well - no one has answered my query - whats the link between Audi and Skoda?
both are owned by Volkwagen AG.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:08   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TOI: Audi A3 to take on corolla, civic?

"Spy photographers of Autoblog Argentina have snapped images of the 2012 Audi A3. What’s the Indian connection? You’ll see the Sedan at an Audi India dealership in the next two years."

New Audi A3 (2013 A3) hatchback caught on test
Attached Thumbnails
TOI: Audi A3 to take on corolla, civic?-2013audia31.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks