Team-BHP - What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2659-what-your-actual-fuel-efficiency-107.html)

70% highway driving
AC on 70% of the times.

Getting average of 16.5 with shell petrol and 14.5 with HP. May be the HP petrol pump in Hinjewadi, Pune is tinkering with the fuel quantiy/quality.

Car: Swift VDi May22, 2008
Kms: 18500 (aprox)
Avg. Fuel Efficiency till date:21.69 Km/Ltr (95% City driving mostly on ring road with 80% AC, just 2 trips to chandigarh)
Highest Fuel Efficiency: 24.185
Lowest:17.87 (First tankful of the car that too from a non COCO pump)

I tank up at COCO IOC opposite Hyatt (Delhi), normal diesel no additives till date.

..........::: I Am Lovin it :::..........

Indica Xeta 1.2 Petrol
Totak KMs=17500 KM, 2007 Model

City driving 12KM /L (30%A/C)

Highway 17~18 KM/L without A/C

Hi

I have recently picked up a used Ford Endeavour Oct 2004 model in Chennai. Post purchase I have serviced the vehicle completely - oil / filter changes ++ servicing.

I am getting a fuel efficiency of 7kmpl in city conditions, how do i improve the fuel efficiency to 9+kmpl in city conditions.

Also, on a different note, the ride quality in the 2nd & 3rd rows of endeavour is very bad, what improvements can be made in the suspension system to improve the ride quality?

Suggestions / user experiences will be much appreciated.

regards

KRISHNAN PS

Bangalore to Tirupati and back : 577 KM, full tank to full tank ( till auto shut off) consumed 31.28 lts of diesel. Filled at Ganaganagar shell before start, and filled at old madras road shell while returning.

I notice that my car fuel efficiency has dropped quite a bit. When I last checked on long drive it returned around 21+ now it has come down to 18+. I fail to understand any reason behind this. Only thing that was done after the previous drive was the second service.

Immediately after my second service there was a battery problem diagnosed and the battery was replace with new one.

Any idea what could be the reason behind the mileage drop?

[FONT=Arial]Actually I have been observing the Fuel Efficiency of my bike a Honda Unicorn for the last 2 years & it has consistently returned me a fuel efficiency of 55-58 KMPL (normal fuel) under Bangalore road condition/ traffic, 50% tandem ride.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I usually keep my engine under 5000 rpm translating to roughly 60kmph in Top gear.[/FONT]

Swift ZXi: AC - 100%, set temp 23.0*C,
type of drive: city 80%, crowded highway 20%
Fuel average - 12.2 km/l (416.9 km, 34.12 litres)
Fuel used - normal petrol.

Car : Pete'd Hyundai Elantra CRDi with the box on normal setting
Fuel : Regular diesel
Driving : 90% city, 10% highway
Average : 11-12kpl in city, 15-16kpl on highway
Aircon : 21-22 degreees on full blast
Gear changes : At the redline mostly unless I'm feeling merciful :)

Car : Indigo SX Diesel TDI(Turbocharged with Intercooler)

Model : 2006

In city Mileage (Bangalore) : 14 KMPL (on moderate traffic, ORR usage).

Highways : 17-18 KMPL

Driving conditions (AC on most of the times)

any reports from i-10 owners ?

both irde & kappa figures pls

ANHC MT: 11.6km/l ( mostly city driving with 100% A/c, yet to do 1st service)

Swift VXI
: 10-11km/l City driving 100 % A/c.

Petra D : 13-14 km/l for city driving with 100 % A/c . Highway 16-17km/l.

SWIFT LDi:
100% AC Mileage - 17 to 19 Kmpl (80% City Driving)

I think it is on the lower side vis-a-vis other Swift D owners

Hyundai Verna - 11.5 - 12.5 in city (100% AC usage and mostly travel on BTM road and hosur road - extremely slow moving roads in Bangalore)

15 - 18 with AC on highway depending on the speed.

Accent Viva CRDi: AC - 100%
type of drive: city 90%, crowded highway 10%
Fuel average - 14.37 km/l (458.9 km, 31.93 litres)
Fuel used - normal diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 32606)
According to the Autocarindia July 2004 B Segment test:
Maruti Zen: City 11.2 - Highway 16.7
I presume that most of this was in Bombay or Delhi daily driving conditions. They seem extremely realistic.

GTO

Works for me!

Car: 2001 Zen LX, 46,000 km
Drive: 100% New Delhi city (since May '08)
Fuel: Ordinary petrol, mostly BP, sometimes IOC. Due to convenience, not preference.
Driving style: I love my acceleration!
Average: 11.5 kmpl (Summer, always a/c)
12.5 kmpl (Winter, no a/c)

I'm planning on doing 3k - 5,000 km highway/intercity travelling post June, so if I can squeeze out 17 kmpl on those trips, I'll be quite happy!