Team-BHP - What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2659-what-your-actual-fuel-efficiency-20.html)

hi,

Ford advertises with AC figures where i have switched on AC just once to see whether the AC runs or not lol.

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
21.3 kmpl in city??:eek:

Which city is it? Got no traffic and only straight roads?

Even Ford advertises 22kmpl as Highway figure.. (correct me if i am wrong).

But if it is actualy 21.3kmpl in city, then i am game for it. Going to sell my car tommorow to exchange a Fiesta TDCi.

abibh has mentioned in a different thread on this driving style which helped him to achieve this figure. The style of driving is what we term as highway driving. Hence they got it right in the magazine.

abibh, drive in city traffic conditions and let us know the mileage :)

i get around 11 in cty from my honda city 1.5, around 9-9.5 from the ikon and around 9 from the scorpio.

manson.

getting 8.5 kmpl from my Tucson in my driving habits..which is revving closer to the red lines :) and ac on alwayz. in my case, the AC is kept running while idle whenevr its in waiting, say halfn n hour to an hours time, frequently.

My my... abhibh I am sure with that kindda mileage in city (ok whichever city it be) with a diesel car you must be one happy man! So what all do you use your car for?

DCEite... how about going to chandigarh, or wherever abhibh runs his car, and settling down there mate? ;) haa haa haaaa...

My Zen has given me 15.5 KMPL overall. (9548 kms driven till now, 607 lts of petrol put in). City plus ghats plus highway driving in Maharashtra.

I have 9 cars.. here are there average..

Land Cruiser '99 - 10 City, 12 Highway
Mercedes Benz '98 - 11 City, 13 Highway
Innova '05 - 9 City, 11 Highway
Qualis '03 - 10 City, 13 Highway
Swift '05 - 8 City, 10 Highway
Santro '02 - 9 City, 11 Highway
Scropio '04 - 9 City, 11 Highway
Corolla '05 - 10 City, 12 Highway
Zen '99 - 8 City, 11 Highway

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50paise
I have 9 cars.. here are there average..

Land Cruiser '99 - 10 City, 12 Highway
Mercedes Benz '98 - 11 City, 13 Highway
Innova '05 - 9 City, 11 Highway
Qualis '03 - 10 City, 13 Highway
Swift '05 - 8 City, 10 Highway
Santro '02 - 9 City, 11 Highway
Scropio '04 - 9 City, 11 Highway
Corolla '05 - 10 City, 12 Highway
Zen '99 - 8 City, 11 Highway

r u kidding me mate.... u mean to say that corolla is more fuel efficient than a santro, zen and swift!:WTF: In ur case, the shorter the car the lower the fuel average, hw do u manage to do that???

My 99model Matiz gives me 13.5kmpl with AC in local and 16 with out AC on HW with petrol. With LPG it gives me 13in city with AC and 17 in HW w/o AC. Previously I used to get upto 20kmpl on HW w/o AC but now it reduced to 16/17kmpl, Is there any specific reason for that?

Tata Indigo Marina TDI - gives 12-13 kmpl with AC on and 15 kmpl on highway

My Baleno returns a neat 12kmpl with a/c in Chennai city driving and 17kmpl on highways with a/c on.

my 2005 Zen Lxi (bought in sep 2005), now > 3500 kms driven, has surprised me with ~18 - 19 km pl , 90% of it on highway, only a few times stuck in traffic, and around 10-20% usage of AC. I have not followed the traditional correct way.

I put 500/- petrol (Standard) and before that i make sure that the needle shows almost zero or above that. Then i reset my trip meter and then i see the value when the needle reaches the same point. I also make sure i take conservative approach so that real values can be better.

But i remember once i even got ~14kmpl, maybe because i was stuck in lots of traffic. But even with regular AC usage I used to get around 14kmpl.

I wonder why mileage falls so much when stuck in traffic ! i guess thats a major culprit.

Also i am very conservative in driving making sure i change gears on time and all.. frankly i dont have the guts to get it filled upto brim and then check (top to top) checking ... might need a loan for that ;-) But what could be the max error if i check using the needle location.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gchandra
my 2005 Zen Lxi (bought in sep 2005), now > 3500 kms driven, has surprised me with ~18 - 19 km pl , 90% of it on highway, only a few times stuck in traffic, and around 10-20% usage of AC. I have not followed the traditional correct way.

I put 500/- petrol (Standard) and before that i make sure that the needle shows almost zero or above that. Then i reset my trip meter and then i see the value when the needle reaches the same point. I also make sure i take conservative approach so that real values can be better.

But what could be the max error if i check using the needle location.

It could make a difference of a couple of Kms per litre. Try filling up the tank once (take a loan ;) and you could keep refilling when you think you've exhausted 500 worth) you will get an accurate picture since seeing the needle when it gets to the same point may be prone to eye-estimation errors

I have Indica DLS and it has done 18K kms till now. I had my third service recently and after that i got around 14.50 KMPL with nearly 90% of the time AC working.

I drive at 90KMPH usually and i can say 40% of the distance is done in congested city traffic and the rest in outskirts.

I was told by a cab driver that this is very less and he said he is getting 18KMPL with AC in city traffic. Can anyone validate this? Please tell me what is the average mileage gven by Indica V2 DLS

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk_kapoor
I have Indica DLS and it has done 18K kms till now. I had my third service recently and after that i got around 14.50 KMPL with nearly 90% of the time AC working.

I drive at 90KMPH usually and i can say 40% of the distance is done in congested city traffic and the rest in outskirts.

do you mean drive around 90KM/day