Team-BHP - What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2659-what-your-actual-fuel-efficiency-18.html)

Hi,

I think he got corsa, so he is talking about corsa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunroy
[left]

which car are you talking about ? With or without AC

so long....

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
Man it was joke don't take it seriously.

By God mannn... that "wash your car for better mileage" thingie that you started a century ago is still ruling the air (ok bandwidth maybe), is it?!! haa haa haaaa... Thats one heck of an advice you came up with.lol:

But seriously speaking I actually wondered a while once after I read it. Has anyone ever come up with any scientific study in this regard?! Could it be that if your car is dirty as hell it actually will perform worse in a wind-tunnel test? Say the drag coefficient goes up or some such thing maybe?!! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhay
Recently calculated my FE again...
Indica petrol -
100% City (bad traffic and stuck in quite a few jams also)
driven with soft right foot most of the time (out of 290kms)
0% A/c (its quite cold in Pune right now)

FE = 13.25 kmpl

That cool, my Lsi does not give me more than 11.5 kmpl in hyd city, is there anything that i need to know in order to increase the mileage? i do not use AC and do not drive at high rpm either.

Rgds
Kiran

I have a Santro 2000 LE model and I used to do around 390km (100% city) for 30 litres i.e. around 13kmpl. I later put in a replacement K&N filter and my mileage went up a little to 410 km for 30 litre i.e around 13.67 kmpl. i thought I should have got a lot more owing to the new filter. Sometime last month my battery died and I had to get a new one. Now ever since I changed my battery I have been doing 460km (100% city) for 30 litres i.e. around 15.33 kmpl. The one reason I could think of was that I wasn't using the AC too much (since its winter time) but in anycase I wasn't using the AC for more than 40% of my driving time earlier. The only other reason I could come up with was that since I changed my car battery, for some reason the ECU remapped the air fuel mixture and this time around the K&N filter did make a difference.
Have any of guys ever had such an experience or do you know if the ECU really remaps the air fuel mixture on a real time basis or stores the information and just uses its previously stored information to decide the air fuel mixture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryder
That cool, my Lsi does not give me more than 11.5 kmpl in hyd city, is there anything that i need to know in order to increase the mileage? i do not use AC and do not drive at high rpm either.

Rgds
Kiran

Hey Kiran, my car has done abt 7.5k (only had 1 service done)...maybe you drive in more traffic/jams than I did....even though I did the above when I drove almost completely in the city, I do try to choose off -peak times where the traffic is atleast moving a bit. Also I use normal petrol (not Speed/Power etc).

is yours the new model or the older one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by numerouno
The one reason I could think of was that I wasn't using the AC too much (since its winter time) but in anycase I wasn't using the AC for more than 40% of my driving time earlier. The only other reason I could come up with was that since I changed my car battery, for some reason the ECU remapped the air fuel mixture and this time around the K&N filter did make a difference.

I think its more due to the zero use of A/C (even 40% means almost half the time with a/c so definite drop in mileage by atleast 1.5/2 kmpl )

I doubt the ECU remapped after changing the battery (altho I would like to know if indeed tats the case) but I think the mapping is indeed real time (or atleast when sensor detected change in parameters) else it would never alter the mixture in high altitudes/climbs etc .

Update : I do not know if this is because of winter or due to car clocking 10,000+ km, but current FE is hovering somewhere near 13 kmpl. I expect it to drop down to 11 once Summer sets in.

Quote:

Have any of guys ever had such an experience or do you know if the ECU really remaps the air fuel mixture on a real time basis or stores the information and just uses its previously stored information to decide the air fuel mixture.

just disconecting the battery and then reconnecting after 5 mins will reset your ECU...

now that you have changed so many thing why not try changing the driver :p

One question guys... will installing K&N Filter in my 2000 model Zen MPFI, boost mileage?? Going by replies of the other members here, FE should increase. An airfilter like K&N boosts airflow to the engine, which in turn will lower the fuel-air ratio, making the car run lean and hence hotter (or does the ECU compensates by supplying more fuel, but if this is the case then FE should go down). How much increase in power should i expect after installing K&N... techies plzzzzz help me out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque
One question guys... will installing K&N Filter in my 2000 model Zen MPFI, boost mileage?? Going by replies of the other members here, FE should increase. An airfilter like K&N boosts airflow to the engine, which in turn will lower the fuel-air ratio, making the car run lean and hence hotter (or does the ECU compensates by supplying more fuel, but if this is the case then FE should go down). How much increase in power should i expect after installing K&N... techies plzzzzz help me out.

No reponse to this... where r the techies?

Quote:

PM Speedsatya he is having a K n N on his Zen

Quote:

Hey,

For starters post in the correct section you probably will get replies. Anyways the answer to your question is yes. It wotn boost the mileage but it will improve depending on your driving style.

Viper

My embera gives -7
elantra -8 (but probably because of the larger rims and 225 tyres
skoda -around 13-14 i think
these are all approx. city driving conditions.

Quote:

...I changed my car battery, for some reason the ECU remapped the air fuel mixture and this time around the K&N filter did make a difference...

Ha, ha... Call it the Windows syndrome! Check with Hyundai if Gates was ever at their gate!!

hey my carb zen gives 8......nd its hard on my pocket...:-(