Team-BHP - What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2659-what-your-actual-fuel-efficiency-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
Hello,

Aerodynamic cars do have more FE than non aerodynamic. Also when u dont wash your car a lot of dust, mud is there which increases your car weight and decreases FE. So it is good to wash every 3rd day also if u just wash ur car it will look nice :). And by this i m contantly getting 17 - 18 in ym zen which used to give not more than 16 in city. and My bor gest contantly 20 - 22 in his alto (he washes the car everyday)

if thats the formula ill get my car washed thrice daily,removing spare seats,accesories,dashboard will also make the car light and i can also consider removing the doors please:

Quote:

5.) Wash your car atleast after 3 days. It really helps lighten your car weight.

6.) Dont turn off your car on traffic lights unti and unless u have wait for more than 60 secs.

feels like you are a scientistlol: oops just joking,your washing trick made me laugh more that any joke ive heard this year,maybe laughter therepy might make me light footed and i could get better mileage,thanks bro

LOL, I think i should go to Great Indian Laughter Challenge then :p
Though it works for me coz my car gets hell dirty after 2 - 3 days coz i dont park the car in the shed. That is a reserved place for "Sonata".

Back to topic now. After washing car feels very light and it feels like giving better performance and car becomes very smooth to drive. Psychologcally u can say it increases FE.. :p

Though if this make you laugh more do tell me coz this will make you light footed and i think u will eventually shift to 5th gear at 40 KMPL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman
feels like you are a scientistlol: oops just joking,your washing trick made me laugh more that any joke ive heard this year,maybe laughter therepy might make me light footed and i could get better mileage,thanks bro

Quote:

Though if this make you laugh more do tell me coz this will make you light footed and i think u will eventually shift to 5th gear at 40 KMPL.

:)

1.hay i never knew thatit can increase mileage upto 40"kmpl"
2.if that makes a performance difference how much difference in top speed should i expect.lol:

My Bolero gives only around 9 - 10 Kmpl. Is this OK? Any Bolero owners please tell me..

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedOne
I don't think I would ever get 14 in Chennai traffic. Surprise, what your figure in Chennai traffic?

Gears,
Red-One

Not you, no one will get 14 kmpl in chennai traffic with OHC. Luckily I dont drive into city traffuc and I drive through the outskirts to my office

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotusking
My Bolero gives only around 9 - 10 Kmpl. Is this OK? Any Bolero owners please tell me..

10-12 is what I heard from one who is using Bolero and same figures from the dealer too. Since there is no much diff between the figurs (your top figure and their minmal figure :) ), I guess its the driving style & traffic conditions that makes the difference

Has any one any idea about the FE of Sumo Victa Turbo. It would be great if you could all ask your friends or whom ever you know about it.

so long........

I guess I am getting 11 in city and 12 in highway on my Zingy...

well after a few mods to the engine like shaving the head and after market exhaust, oversized rims with low profile tires and a sard airfilter set i guess my esteem gives around 7 with A/C in city ...hehehehe

2005 Hyundai Accent GLE

In city 11 kpl
On highway 16 kpl

The above figures are with A/C and decent driving (not redline revving and not super light foot either)

We used to own a 1998 Santro.

In City 12 kpl
On Highway 18-20 kpl

The above figures are with A/C and decent driving (not redline revving and not super light foot either)

2005 Royal Enfield T-Bird 350cc

Prior to mods (stock condition)

Decent riding 42 kpl
Revving like mad 35 kpl

Post mods (shorty silencer, UNI Pod foam filter)

Decent riding 35 kpl
Revving like mad 30 kpl

Hi,

I get 12-14 in City and 14-15+ on highways

Thanks.

Update : My Baleno has done close to 9.5 k now and the last 4 mileage figures have been 14, 12.5, 12 and 13 kmpl in Hyd city driving...

Quote:

Originally Posted by general_neo
I guess I am getting 11 in city and 12 in highway on my Zingy...

same here with my WagonR.. although i dont drive too hard, and i heard it usually gives 13-14kmpl...:mad: :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapan

I get 12-14 in City and 14-15+ on highways

which car are you talking about ? With or without AC

so long....