Team-BHP - What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2659-what-your-actual-fuel-efficiency-16.html)

Yesterday, In my NHC trip to lonavala through Mumbai Pune express highway i got worst FE.

total passengers 4
driving at 4000RPM
average speed on express highway about 130km
average speed from kalyan to panvel (50km)
top speed on express highway 155km
A/C 100% on at 3 blower speed
average about 12kmpl

I think fuel efficiency is not good when driving car above 3k rpm ? what do you say?

:(

Quote:

I think fuel efficiency is not good when driving car above 3k rpm ? what do you say?
I think you are right about that. I have heard people getting 16-17 on the highway with the NHC. But the FE seems to drop drastically at speeds > 110 i.e above 3k RPM for the NHC particularly. No idea why.

Looks like your drivers is gettign richer than you.. man qualis shoud give you like 10 - 11 atleast if u get it serviced regularly...

Innova 2.0 Petrol
Highway - 12.3kmpl
City - Not yet checked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max

higher rpm = engine needs to run faster = more fuel needed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max
I think fuel efficiency is not good when driving car above 3k rpm?

Right. In case of NHC (iDSI), it's above 2,700 rpm. In case of Baleno it's above 3000 rpm, the point at which torque peaks. Beyond this point, the curve plummets (see your engine's o.c. curves), so to do the same amount of work, it needs more energy, so drinks more fuel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
Looks like your drivers is gettign richer than you.. man qualis shoud give you like 10 - 11 atleast if u get it serviced regularly...

My Sumo used to give 10 -11 Kmpl with AC ( 25 degrees C cabin Temp ). But then that was in Bangalore. Average running 75 Km per day. The car had V-Kool all round. Of the 1,35,000 kms it clocked, 1,34,500 kms was always with AC. Never gave less than 10 Kmpl.

Your Qualis should return atleast 14 under the worst condition, that too with AC.

OHC (2001)
City mileage: 9 (worst), 12 (best)
Highway: 13 (worst) 16 (best)

All mileage is with 100% AC. I typically get better mileage in cooler climes.

Gears,
Red-One

OHC 2003

City: 12-14 KM/L
Highway: 14-16.5 (16.5 being the best I ever got... doing constant 90-100 KM/H)

All figures are with A/C ON all the time and thermostat set at lowest.

zen : 2005 model..
city: 9-10kmpl
highway: 10kmpl..
shocked ??? dont be..its giving me performance in lieu..and ya its still bone stock..

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver
OHC 2003

City: 12-14 KM/L
Highway: 14-16.5 (16.5 being the best I ever got... doing constant 90-100 KM/H)

All figures are with A/C ON all the time and thermostat set at lowest.

Is it 1300 cc or 1500cc

Recently calculated my FE again...
Indica petrol -
100% City (bad traffic and stuck in quite a few jams also)
driven with soft right foot most of the time (out of 290kms)
0% A/c (its quite cold in Pune right now)

FE = 13.25 kmpl

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
Is it 1300 cc or 1500cc

it's a 1.5 with a stock replacement K&N filter, done 35K so far...

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunroy
Your Qualis should return atleast 14 under the worst condition, that too with AC.

Varunroy, Is that first hand experience? Our 2000 Qualis with 75K kms never gave more than 11-12 city or highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver
it's a 1.5 with a stock replacement K&N filter, done 35K so far...

Hmm. Must be the Coimbatore traffic then, unless it's due to the K&N. I don't think I would ever get 14 in Chennai traffic. Surprise, what your figure in Chennai traffic?

Gears,
Red-One

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedOne
Hmm. Must be the Coimbatore traffic then, unless it's due to the K&N. I don't think I would ever get 14 in Chennai traffic.

I agree... I get to drive in 5th gear most of the time, whereas in chennai I had never crossed the 3rd/4th gear ever... and that was like 3 years back.. I am assuming it would only be worse now.