Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2023, 02:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most

First generation Maruti 800. I had to sell it since it was before BS norm era. RC renewal was impossible and the car was next to impossible to maintain as well. Moreover, the car had no practical value left anymore, only nostalgia remained.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:17. Reason: Typos.
Sumedik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 09:19   #17
BHPian

My beloved 2010 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ MT. At least once every week at the dinner table we discuss how we shouldn't have sold that car. We had a perfect ownership experience with zero troubles, Loads and loads of long drives and a huge smile plastered across the face every day. The car was comfortable , looked daaaamn hot and had a stonker of an engine. The turbo lag was quite evident till 1800RPM but boy was the rush post it addictive! Miss this car a lot. We still look down at the number plates of every black Cruze we see, but sadly have never seen her again.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_6199.jpg  

Maverick_4662 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 09:33   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys & Gals, please be sure to include pictures of your ex-car in your posts. Thanks for the support & understanding .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 09:37   #19
BHPian

The Maruti High Roof van - a lot of memories attached. It was from the first batch and made in Japan I recall. A throwback to an earlier time - forget an AC, it didn't even come with a music system. Some weird foldable seats were installed in the back for kids to sit. When I was about 13, and the car had already clocked over 1 lac km, my driver taught me how to drive on it, unknown to my parents. So, do memories make the car or does the car make the memories?
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 09:46   #20
BHPian

Wonderful thread.
This should be our: Fiat Palio 1.6 sport
We bought this car in the year 2002 and used for 8 years. I still miss this car. Being a Fiat, it was built like a tank, doors were as heavy as bank vault. It drives like no other car from this era except for the Abarth Punto.
Nonetheless, it was unimaginably unreliable. With engine overheating issues, AC, doors getting filled with rainwater and so on.
I am 24 years today.
I was just 4 years old when we bought that car. I wish someday we would somehow buy back the car and make more memories.
I have some across this car a few years ago, in immaculate condition & with still the original alloys. I still hope the car is still loved by the present owner.
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-ae9bc09b8f064314ab1ae210c16139d6.jpeg
Vasanth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 09:50   #21
BHPian

The one car I miss the most is our beloved 2011 Toyota Etios GD in Vermilion Red. She was with us for a glorious 11 years. It had all the basics correct. Etios is synonymous with function over form. Sadly I had to let it go due to my frequent highway runs and lack of any safety aids. I regret that decision now. I should have kept it in my hometown. This car witnessed almost all the milestones in my life with lots of memories. My son was too much attached to it. I had a tough time convincing him to replace her. But when I look back I feel I should have listened to him.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-20220313_181716.jpg  

alenp07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 10:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

For me, this is it! The 2005 Safari Dicor 3.0L 4x4 (Ignore the 2.2 Grille). Bought it after a lot of hunting as I was specifically looking for 3.0L and 4x4 configuration. It's that one car that got me stranded the most with its combination of mechanical and electrical issues. But still that ONE car that I was deeply in love with and still wish it stayed in my garage forever..

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20230524_100038.jpg

Last edited by man_of_steel : 24th May 2023 at 10:09.
man_of_steel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 10:25   #23
BHPian

Nice thread. It brought some old memories of our first car.

The only car we sold is MS Zen, it was a Gem, we bought it pre-owned.
All our family, even some extended family members learned driving on that car. We later sold the car because of its old age.
Old 24th May 2023, 10:40   #24
BHPian

Alto k10 - 2011.

This is one a good picture I have in my archive clicked at 105,000 km after which we sold it at 107,000 and got an S-Cross DDiS in 2018.

The fun to drive behavior from a pocket friendly car along with its frugal nature, I think, cannot be replaced by any alternative.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img3360.jpg
mbhalara is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 10:46   #25
BHPian

My First car, My Love, My Wagon R

She was my first, my love at 26,
Bought with my hard earned blood and sweat;
All of white she was my priced candy,
I dressed her with alloys, then Aura she looked so dandy.

Got her interior done in flaming red,
And had one hell of a sexy music set;
Six speakers, tweeters and a sub,
Matted with a double din then Pioneer.
Her engine was a 1.1L the revs so sweet,
Miles she chucked an amazing feet.

Got her in May 2002 she came with a rear spoiler,
Man ever angle was an amazing looker!
Kept her with me for 8 years or so,
It still breaks my heart had to let her go.

She used to be always covered to protect her coat,
Waxed, washed and cared for even up to her music remote.
Oh I wish I could till date have kept her,
Just to look out of my window and know,
A heart beat miss she still gives,
The very thought of her!!

She was a part of me I still cannot replace,
The other woman she was,even after me the dude was truly wed.
Brought home me wife, and baby too,
She gave us great service enough said.
Cause if I go further it brings back a tear,
Clouds up my mind, Oh! I wish she was near.

(Gosh ………. I pray the wife does not read this …………)Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-wagon-r.jpg

“There’s a lot of stress in life, but once you get in the car, all that goes out the window.” ― Dan Brown
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 10:53   #26
BHPian

If there is one option to choose, I would pick my swift Dzire Zdi bought in 2008. It was one of the few cars that time which came with auto a/c and mine was the first one in Zdi variant in red color. The car served me for 14 years and clocked 2,30,000 kilometers travelling in all terrains without any hitch. Frugal, reliable and very forgiving, I miss it very much. Never in my life, I had to worry about fuel or repair or service costs. Be if city or highway, hills, broken roads, village roads, summer, winter it served me well. Big boot made sure I could carry loads of luggage without a hitch and the high roofline made sure kids did not feel claustrophobic and could stand without hitting the roof. In spite of its shortcomings, it was one companion whom I miss dearly.
Old 24th May 2023, 10:55   #27
BHPian

This is an awesome thread idea.
Let me share about my love - Tata Hexa XT Manual 4 X 2. This car had power, poise, charm, a certain way to woo the owner to take her out for a spin.
It was love at first sight, happy memories, lot of trouble like a high maintenance girlfriend but every time I would park the car, would always turn back. Broke my heart to let her go, but it was Mind over heart decision.

Here are two of my favourite places we visited with our Hexa
Shettihalli church
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-shettihalli.jpg

Dhanushkodi
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-dhanushkodi.jpg

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 24th May 2023 at 10:57. Reason: typo
swarnava.ch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 11:20   #28
BHPian

I’m missing my Mazda 3. It was very close to my heart as it was my first car after immigrating to Canada. Travelled all of Canadian East Coast. Best thing, it was with Stick Shift. Sold it earlier this year. Replaced with 2023 Kia Forte.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_0038.jpeg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_3273.jpeg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_3274.jpeg  

Last edited by Bhalla : 24th May 2023 at 11:31. Reason: Added pictures
Bhalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 11:55   #29
BHPian

2009 Honda Jazz. Perfect city car, stable on highways, though tad underpowered. Was with me for 12+ years but had to let go for a bigger car.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-20211227_154724.jpg  

amavin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:03   #30
BHPian

My Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 SLXi 2000 (Scrapped Nov 2021)

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer1.jpeg

Even My little one was crazy about it.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer2.jpeg

Loved Everything about it.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer3.jpeg

Though not very powerful but still i loved the free revving engine and was enough for my spirited drive at times.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer4.jpeg

Simplistic dashboard, liked the grey tone and didnt fade even after more than two decades.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer5.jpeg

A looker.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer7.jpeg

This is the car which made me love driving, specially its handling and low stance.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer8.jpeg

Have done lot of memorable trips in it, Bhutan, Nepal, Kolkata, Guwahati, Darjeeling hills, Sikkim etc etc.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer9.jpeg

Finally had to let it go 1.5 years ago with a heavy heart. A true trusted companion. Mitsubishi Lancer, would make heads turn.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-lancer10.jpeg
rahul_kej is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks