Old 24th May 2023, 12:08   #32
BHPian

Re: Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most

This car pulls my heartstring like no other - My 2011 Honda City iVtec AT

Fast!
Reliable!
Revv happy!
Fun! (with the right tyres)

It was a time when Honda used to build a car around the engine & not the other way around!

Purchased it in 2016 from a 65 year old gentleman who drove it all for 7663 kms in 5 years! Guess I was just lucky!

I just did'nt want to sell it to anyone. So did the next best thing. "Sold" it to my best buddy!!

I get to drive this baby on a regular basis, the last time being the last weekend!

Pic taken by a fellow BHP'ian, Cartman!
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-whatsapp-image-20230524-11.48.09-am.jpeg

The day I "sold" it!
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-whatsapp-image-20230524-11.48.21-am.jpeg

Cheers,
Powertrain

Last edited by powertrain : 24th May 2023 at 12:16.
powertrain is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:13   #33
BHPian

Forever etched in my heart !!

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-f1d1731528f045deb53077f2c4a29b61.jpeg

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-7d71e485b9d247d5881084345fbe926b.jpeg

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-533bbbae0d364f1d96b7a53f0d8aa779.jpeg

Served me well for 2,50,000 km over a period of 10 yrs.

Covered the lengths and breath of entire southern India and Maharashtra without any trouble.

From drive in beaches of Kerala to monsoon exploration of Maharashtra and n number of hills and beaches in Kerala Andhra Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.

From being chased by elephants, to be stopped for hours by a herd of bison

Have thousands of sweetest of college memories attached to it.

The amazing stability and breaking saved me from dozens of life threatening situations.

My beloved Ford Figo!!
Dr Alpha is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:33   #34
BHPian

This morning, my father and I engaged in a discourse pertaining to a long journey we had in our Fiat Uno. The aforementioned vehicle, which was our second automobile procured in the year 2000, served as both a means of transportation for individuals and a conveyance for goods. Throughout its lifespan, we accumulated an approximate distance of 250,000 kilometers.

During the course of ownership, the car necessitated two engine rebuilds and underwent two instances of repainting. Regrettably, I am unable to furnish photographs of the vehicle for submission, notwithstanding, its memory remains indelibly etched in our recollections.
Old 24th May 2023, 12:50   #35
BHPian

For me, without doubt has to be my 2009 Audi A4, 2.0 TDI that has been chronicled in this thread

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ge-14-a-2.html (Audi A4 2.0 TDI. EDIT : Mid-year update on page 14)

It set me firmly on the German/European Car bandwagon and we still look back at it with fond remembrance. It was love love love at first sight then. The interiors could still give the modern cars a run for their money and the feeling that it exuded then ... Just class!!

Parted with it with a heavy heart as the Oil Consumption had increased copiously and the Car pretty much went into Limp mode one in Mumbai. The car had otherwise zero issues beyond regular maintenance. It was quiet, for the lack of a better word, absolutely brilliant.

I miss it so much... it hurts.
redeff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:58   #36
BHPian

Honda Civic 8th gen.
The free-revving 1.8 iVTEC motor, the perfectly weighted hydraulic steering and precisely slotting gear box. I miss it every single day.
Old 24th May 2023, 13:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Having had several cars in the family, including company cars, the very first car that I bought myself was this G30 520i.

Excellent quality, superbly comfort, fast and very fuel efficiency (Yes!).

Had to let it go due to changes at work allowing me to get a company car.

To this day, I miss it everyday!

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-083834.jpg
Stratos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 13:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

It has not been much long since we have parted ways but every time I see a clean white Scorpio mHawk, you take a closer look. Wife is always fond of that vehicle, Polar bear was her loyal companion for 8+ years.

Scorpio got us out of the Urbanite lifestyle for good and eventually out of urban confines too, helped us see so much of the beautiful western ghats, the southern states and much more. I am glad it arrived at a time our choices could have been easily influenced.

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20200809_132624.jpg

I get to drive all kinds of vehicles but once a Scorpio driver, always a Scorpio driver. Nothing else will do.
Kosfactor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 13:40   #39
BHPian

Very nice thread to get back to nostalgic memories
I miss all my previous vehicles, Fiat 1100 Delight,
Fiat Uno 1.0, Bolero GLX
Especially the Fiat 1100 which was my first car and done many a outstation trips with friends and family, and never skipped a beat on long journeys.
The Uno I cherish the most because I enjoyed my company and discovered what an enjoyable time you can have with yourself driving alone from Bangalore to Cherla close to Chhattisgarh border and back. On my drives in the Bolero was the feeling of go on any road without bothering about the conditions and just enjoy the drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20180826_154019-1.jpg  

Fiatfan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 13:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

For me, it’s gonna be the Honda City Vtec and the Gypsy King.

The Vtec was 10 years old when I got it home. 2001 model. This car was absolutely crazy. A perfect go kart - Point n Shoot. Nice steering, super slick gearbox and a NA engine that loved to be taken to the redline. Drop a gear and disappear can truly be attributed to the Vtec.

The Gypsy on the other hand was pure Mechanical Bliss. This was heavily modded by the previous owner - bhpian GSFerrari, this was a bully on the road. Lift kit, Offroad bumpers, AC, Tavera seats and an FFE as well. Absolute peace of mind, no worry of potholes, bikers or other cars messing around with the Gypsy. Plus the cheapest spares available off the shelf. The only con was the back breaking ride inspite of having Ironman Shock Absorbers.

I had the best of both worlds in my garage. My wife still wishes that I hadn’t sold the Gypsy.

Given that I drive an Octavia now, it’s the Gypsy that I miss more.

Only if I could rewind back to 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-vtec-gypsy-.jpg  

Desmosedici is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 14:31   #41
BHPian

For me, it has to be the 1st generation Honda City 1.5 EXI AT finished in Sapphire Silver that my family purchased. I was just 3 years old when it came home. It served us well with bulletproof reliability and mesmerising looks for 13 years and clocked 75,000 km before we parted with it.

After that, we became loyalists to the City brand and we owned the 4th generation Honda City. Currently, we have the 5th generation City ZX CVT in our garage!

Nothing comes close to the build quality and exhilarating performance of our 1st generation City!
Auto spawn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 14:33   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayrozario View Post
For me it's the SX4. Still miss it.
Same for me, I had an SX4 ZXI, right at the launch and it was the do all car for me. Comfortable cruiser, all you need features for me, could go places, on unpaved roads, drive to a 5 star with family. I miss the car.
sajivkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 14:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

The family car which served us for 11 years from 2008 - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP Ambiente. Sparingly used though, hardly covered 40k kms

Classy Euro design, contemporary at the time, first generation (perhaps CKD)
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20191008_094249.jpg
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20191008_094304.jpg
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20191008_094335.jpg

Top notch fit and finish and a spacious, flexible interior. Low window line, large windows and the bonnet (bulge) was visible!
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20191008_094619.jpg
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20191008_094528.jpg

Zero cost-cutting in the (now) most notorious areas - frameless wipers, full felt-covered boot with boot light, two sets of flip keys and IIRC also had heated ORVM
Height adjustable front seatbelts
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20191008_094634.jpg

3 point seatbelt in middle, isofix mounts
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20191008_094542.jpg

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 24th May 2023 at 14:36.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 14:52   #44

It is a great thread that you have created!
it brings a smile on my face remembering her, at the same time I feel a void that will never be filled.
One car, that I can never forget probably in my lifetime is my Lodgy, the sheer comfort, the space, the performance that this beast had is unmatched. I have many beautiful memories of road trips that I took in it. I miss her everyday even today.
She's like the "ex" that i can never get over with.
Here are some of her glimpses that I found in the archive
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20200610_162503.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20200615_171313.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20200620_173101.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20201223_165121.jpg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_20210114_070237.jpg  

Akhilendra Jain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 15:08   #45

My family and I have owned and driven only Honda cars in last 25 years. And I must say my emotional connect with Honda cars has been more then just a car.
This included the 1st gen Honda city 1998 blue AT, 1st gen Honda accord AT in gold color, the 2nd gen Honda city 2002 CVT in gold color. And coming to the my favorite and the one that I miss and loved the most (the ex you never forgot) was the 2004 Honda accord 3.0 V6 AT on signet silver!
Man this car had a class of it own, the engine was just timeless! The symphony of the v6 was addicting and car demanded to be pushed every time I sat in it!
I have bought and owned other newer Honda cars, but the accord was just different and one I cannot ever forget! It also happens to be my first car I learned how to drive in, at the age of 16.
Back then we also bought the 8th gen civic (which is still do own and drive) and accord was sold almost after 10 years of ownership, it was a hard decision and not mine!
I currently own and drive a 10th gen Honda Civic, even though it's all fancy and modernized, the accord was something else ❤️
TBH I loved and miss all my Honda exs
Attached Thumbnails
Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_7255.jpeg  

Gone, but not forgotten | The one car you sold, but still remember the most-img_7256.jpeg  

xxhtxx is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks