Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2007, 23:07   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Hyundai Lover. Agree with you that we must move on. However, the family members of MD of TVS passed away even though they were in a Mercedes. As you have stated the ford Ikon case looks to be a miracle and nothing can be concluded on that. But you should also consider the price bracket in which Maruti is. Although, they can make better safety for the same price considering that the plan has depreciated and they have recovered their money. As, I stated earlier, Maruti 800 and worst even omni is not designed for highways. Even the 9 lacs + bracket of Safari does not much safety built in. So, I guess Maruti is justified atleast for the price and purpose for which it is built. What about Accents, Honda Cities, Balenos, Sumos etc ( without Airbags version) costing so high ?
yeah correct, but what about omni banging in the city at just 40-50 kmph?
Old 28th November 2007, 23:08   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameonrwind View Post
quoted from the movie Red Line " its not the car its the driver"

with the same sane driver the Merc would be a lot safer
Oh yeah!! Bang on target.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Even we had an accident in the 800, the poor car crumpled but everyone walked out safely. It was a miracle. The sound of the crash still rings in my ears and the poor car was turned upside down on its head. Thanks Maruti forever
Old 19th September 2008, 13:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Ha, one more life to a year long thread.

Anyway, its good to hear that you all walked out safely.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Disclosure: 800 was my first car from 1995-99, and at the time, it had many virtues. But yes Lady Di would perhaps have survived in a 800. Why:

Imagine driving a 800 at 140 kmph (was that the speed of Merc in which Lady Di met her end). Result: it would have reached the crash site some time later, and the event or time would have passed. Imagine yourself whenever your car gets a dent. If only you had been 2 seconds late or early at a point, nd that car/scooter/bus that has now caused damage would not have come in your way.

He he he Di's car crashed into the wall of the tunnel. Even if the car had reached the spot some time later, the wall would have waited for them for Diana to literally " "
Old 19th September 2008, 14:33   #66
BHPian

I know you are being facetious , but the front seat passenger (the bodyguard) survived because he was belted in. The other three occupants weren't and as a result they died.

It goes to show that seat belts do save lives, whether its a Maruti 800 or a Mercedes S Class.

Arjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Disclosure: 800 was my first car from 1995-99, and at the time, it had many virtues. But yes Lady Di would perhaps have survived in a 800. Why:

Imagine driving a 800 at 140 kmph (was that the speed of Merc in which Lady Di met her end). Result: it would have reached the crash site some time later, and the event or time would have passed. Imagine yourself whenever your car gets a dent. If only you had been 2 seconds late or early at a point, nd that car/scooter/bus that has now caused damage would not have come in your way.
Old 19th September 2008, 15:36   #67
BHPian

Actually Mr Jasdish is 100% correct.
According to him, people driving MARUTIs receive virtually no Extortion calls while people driving MERCs often get the wrong attention. Therefore driving MARUTI makes you safer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks