Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 10:28   #16
BHPian

Re: If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?

I would change my Platinum white pearl Civic to the new Obsidian blue pearl introduced in India on the City facelift. That colour with some RS emblems and subtle red elements would make the Civic look stunning and my boring Modern steel metallic Jazz to the Radiant red metallic(another beautiful colour). It's the closest to Mazda's lovelyyy Soul red metallic!
Just dreams though as I've got no courage to lose factory paint finish.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 10:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

While my current car is white I don't mind the color my used Civic was maroon in color. I wish I had it white or silver. If I had that car still I would have repainted it white probably. But alas I ended selling it off.
Old 27th June 2023, 10:45   #18
BHPian

I bought my Grand Vitara in 2015. It was a used car in Black colour. I never liked the colour but carried on with it. Over the years it picked up a lot of scars from various offroading sessions. So in the spring of 2022 I decided to repaint it in a different colour, after all the dents were removed.
I stuck my neck out and got a very special colour created. I am glad that it came out well.
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-gv-orig-color.jpg
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-09-3-quarters-view.jpg
sridhar-v is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 10:58   #19
BHPian

Rocky-beige was my first preference from all the factory colours available on the Thar, however since this colour got discontinued last year I ended up going for Aquamarine. I was quite sceptical regarding this colour in the beginning but over time it has started grow on me, the greenish tinge visible under direct light makes it look quite special.

If i had to repaint her few years down the line, I would highly consider Olive green!

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-picsart_230627_103818985.jpg
Nair.V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 11:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But I don't want to lose that "factory build" and fit-finish. Sticking with my own advice = as the car ages, I will only get an overcoat of the same colour. Changing the colour requires a full strip-down and whatever one says, there will always be a huge difference in your car being put together in a highly advanced & automated factory by skilled workers, as compared to a local workshop.
Exact same reason I have not / would not change any of my cars factory colour. Fit and finish will never be the same. Updating the RTO registration to reflect the new colour seems like an additional hassle.

Lastly, I'm not a stickler about what colour my car is. As long as it isn't something hideous, I'm happy with any colour.

I've had overcoats done on my vehicles after 5-7 years. Made me feel like I got a brand new car.
Old 27th June 2023, 11:31   #21
BHPian

I’m super satisfied with my Grey beater Honda City. Hides scratches and dirt well.

And I’m in love with my race blue Octavia. I like silver wheels and this colour compliments them so well.

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_8019.jpeg

If I were to change the colour of one of my cars, it would be the GLE. It’s a boring white/beige combo. If it were up to me, I’d get one in dark green paint with chocolate interiors.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 11:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

My i20 is white. It is facing the infamous hyundai white paint peeling issue so I wish I had gone with literally any other colour. Silver especially looks pretty good.
Old 27th June 2023, 12:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
My Alto will require FC renewal in an year and I am planning some cosmetic jobs for it. If it is permitted to change the color I will paint it a bright lemon yellow!
If one is willing to change the color, should it be done post FC renewal or before?
Old 27th June 2023, 13:13   #24
BHPian

I love the greys BMW offers, would love my next car in a Nardo grey or a Brooklyn grey. Unfortunately I can't see myself affording one logically so tough luck!
Old 27th June 2023, 14:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

I consider myself lucky to own the last of GT TDIs and the exclusive Lapiz Blue shade only enhances the feeling.
I had considered changing my GT shade to the Portimao Blue from the BMW pallet for sometime, but have decided against it for the following reasons:
- Very few garages that can truly match the BMW shade.
- Probably, that shade looks haute on a sedan than a hatchback.
- Most importantly, the Lapiz Blue shade from VW commands a premium in some of the European markets as it is only available on the R Line variants of the Polo and Golf.

I think with just the subtle updates, this shade is quite a looker:

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-pluto3.jpg
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 14:59   #26
BHPian

Great thread, I am seriously thinking of changing the color of my car as Silver was never my choice but I couldn't pass up the car because of the kit it had. Also you can't choose much when it comes to used cars. It looks great now but I would have loved it in dark gray or black to complete the look, now am thinking of getting olive green wrap.

Current look
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-bmw.jpeg

How I would like it to look in few months.
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_9452.jpg
turbowhistle is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 16:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for poll but it's not there

Yes, I can think of changing color of my car only if -

1. My car is more than 7-8 years old.
2. I still want to keep it for 7-8 years more.
3. It's in good shape mechanically.
4. You still love your car.

I have grey Ertiga with me & I wish to make it shiny black after few years. Let's see it it really happens. I saw one video of Youtube (BroMotiv I guess) for same and it looks stunning. They charge you a lot but does a really good job.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 16:46   #28

I have a silver Jeep Compass and the colour looks pretty dull now after 6 years. So given the option it would be the matte grey of the KIA EV6, I have been absolutely in love with it since i saw it in flesh, and kudos to KIA for the immaculate feel and finish. Cant afford the car now but hope to get my compass splashed in it.
Old 27th June 2023, 17:10   #29

I wish, one day, I could change the exterior color of my X3 with just a click of a button; shuffle between the original white, grey, beige and green shades. X3 has such diverse character and utility that can wear any of these shades as it's skin.

Like interior "mood-lighting", can I name that feature as "ambition-shades"?
Attached Thumbnails
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_0766.jpg  

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-jdpa_2020hyundaisonatalimitedhamptongrayfrontviewsmall.jpg  

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-beige.jpg  

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-green.jpg  

facelyft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 17:39   #30
BHPian

I have a Fiery Black Scorpio. Absolutely love that shade. If given an opportunity, I would like to paint it Rocky biege or Panega Green (Available with Defender)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks