Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 18:23   #31
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?

Deep Forest was my second choice after Grand Canyon. I don't regret my final decision.

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_6455.jpeg
vredesbyrd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 18:36   #32
BHPian

We have a white Creta SX(O) Turbo. Loved the car in Titan Grey Dual Tone with black rooftops. The color was discontinued for the Turbo Petrols which were offered only in White & Black a year back.
Old 27th June 2023, 18:40   #33
BHPian

I was limited by choice on colour when I was buying the C5 Aircross. Apart from the silver, white and black, the only other choice for me was Tijuca Blue which looked more like dark green according to me. The black would mean giving up the dual-tone (body vs roof) colour. Although I wanted something bright and colourful, I got the following (Cumulus Grey with Black).

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_6664.jpg

Unfortunately, Citroen India didn't bring in the Volcano Red to India, this would probably have been my choice (distinct and stand out of the crowd). I'll probably look at a colour change 5 years down the line

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-211105_citroen_c5_aircross_01.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th June 2023 at 22:35. Reason: minor typos
streetfighter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 21:14   #34
BHPian

Yes, i would love to change the color of my car, I have full plan to do so as soon as wallet gets some respite from our family travel mania.

Color would be Nardo Grey inspired by Audi, complemented by Black ascent on grill and ORVMs with silver alloys.

Can't find any Corolla in such color, so reference below image for illustration.

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-screenshot_20230627210707677_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg
Strider24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 22:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Seems Nardo Grey is one of the favourites. If I keep my white Rapid Tsi for a couple of more years, I would then definitely look at changing its colour to Nardo Grey.
Old 27th June 2023, 23:02   #36
BHPian

My city is in Alabaster Silver colour now and I am bored of it.

I like this Nardo Glossy Grey colour for my Honda City with BMW's "Sensatec Perforated Cognac with contrast stiching" for interiors and black alloys, boot lip, grille, handles, roof.

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-cityfront.jpg

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-cityfrontside.jpg

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-cityrearside.jpg

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-cityside.jpg
jeygani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 23:11   #37
BHPian

I would love to paint my Ecosport in Pangea Green, the same shade which is seen in the Range Rover Defender...
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 23:17   #38
BHPian

I would definitely like to go for color change, risk of fit and finish scares me a bit though.
I keep track of Team-BHP threads where some members have changed the color of their (Audi) car in Mumbai. Would like to follow.

This is how my car looks today:

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-audi-currently.jpg

And this is how I would like it to be (metallic copper):
(BTW, for interested people, this picture is from an (2012?) Audi A5 owner who did color change and other mods (turbo etc) and jacked up the power of base A5 to 400hp+)

Details:https://www.a5oc.com/threads/roberts...wn-build.83002

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-modified-a5.jpg

Cheers!
Old 28th June 2023, 00:38   #39
BHPian

I love the nardo grey colour from Škoda maybe one day will repaint my polo in this shade, best suited for german cars in my opinion, really highlights the body lines and brings out the sportiness.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_1162.jpeg  

VwRabbit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 02:36   #40
BHPian

I have been thinking about this from quite a while and i have my answers ready

Thar :- I wanted it in black and bought it in black. It will stay as Black.

Harrier :- I always wanted a Black harrier but went with White. When you think about it my Harrier and Thar are like Yin and Yang the perfect polar opposites in every sense.

However, i do plan on getting Harrier's colour changed and i would love to get Audi Q7's "Barrique Brown" paint job on my car. I think it would love amazing on Harrier.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-images-3.jpeg  

Last edited by BleueNinja : 28th June 2023 at 02:39.
BleueNinja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 09:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
I
However, i do plan on getting Harrier's colour changed and i would love to get Audi Q7's "Barrique Brown" paint job on my car. I think it would love amazing on Harrier.
Nice color though it looks like Q8 to me.
Old 28th June 2023, 10:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
My Alto will require FC renewal in an year and I am planning some cosmetic jobs for it. If it is permitted to change the color I will paint it a bright lemon yellow!
MSM Chennai is quoting Rs 45k to repaint the Alto. Can someone comment if this is the normal rate for small hatchbacks?
Old 28th June 2023, 13:59   #43
BHPian

I really like the Nardo Grey shade. 5-6 years down the line, I would like to get my Kushaq repainted in this shade with black roof, all chrome bits changed to Black & replace current wheels with Kushaq monte-carlo alloys.

I also found matte PPF finishes to be really interesting & next year plan to hopefully get it installed in my silver Taigun.
Old 28th June 2023, 17:42   #44
BHPian

Must say Nardo grey looks smashing. That Audi looks fetching!
However, I think most cars look bland with a different shade of grey/white with the occasional red/blue-very limited palette. I for one dig yellow cars. True, they don't look good on any car, but yellow on the right design makes it a head turner and brightens up the road too On the right design, I think the European cars look better in Yellow, but that is subjective.
Few examples - Not the lambo or the Porsche, it's too obvious and most of us don't have cars resembling that shape.

I used to lust after the Cupra R in yellow and was seriously thinking of buying one, as they were relatively cheaper compared to other Cupra Rs. Why you ask? Because the yellow paint famously started fading/chipping
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-desktopwallpaperseatleoncuprar200205seatleon.jpg

An older 1996 Vento(Jetta outside US)
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-volkswagenventofrontsidebjuvsburnouten202211202996.jpg

A Passat in Yellow
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-volkswagenpassatyellowchina2.jpg

I know most 'gentlemen' here are going to detest Yellow being too childish, but in my defence I am more of a motorbike guy and used to have this so..

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-cbr.jpg

Last edited by doga : 28th June 2023 at 17:52.
doga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 17:54   #45
BHPian

My current steed Safari Storme is the Astern Black and while Black was the colour I always wanted the Black on the Dicor was much truer / darker black and I preferred that shade. Now after almost 10 years I feel like getting the entire car repainted and so this time it would either be either that Dicor / current Safari Black or Matt Black.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks