Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 17:39   #1
BHPian

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?

I was choosing to repaint my Elite i20. It brought me to the massive world of color choices we have now. Right from Aston Martin Lime Essence to Porsche Miami Blue, we have a whole spectrum to choose from. It would be interesting to know what you would choose if given an opportunity to repaint your car, what's your favorite of them all? Personally, I like Skoda's Lava Blue which I've seen on Kodiaq and Kushaq.
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img4190.jpg
Kudos
M_Poweredd_ is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 10:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?

Love the colour of the Classic, Thar, Superb & Sunny. All are my first choices.

On the other hand, if I could change the colour of the 530d, it would be to silver or white, and then I'd do her up (black roof, rims, grille, boot lip). The current dark blue-black colour has aged really well, but it hides all the subtle creases & cuts that make these old Germans special. Even with favourites like the W124, Jetta & 1st-gen Octavia, my preference is silver or white.

Have been very tempted to change the F10's colour to silver and even got a quotation. But I don't want to lose that "factory build" and fit-finish. Sticking with my own advice = as the car ages, I will only get an overcoat of the same colour. Changing the colour requires a full strip-down and whatever one says, there will always be a huge difference in your car being put together in a highly advanced & automated factory by skilled workers, as compared to a local workshop.

But man, whenever I see a silver or white F10, I drool.
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-rwcarbonfibergrillesbmwf10550isilver4.jpg
Source

Last edited by GTO : 26th June 2023 at 10:51.
GTO is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 10:57   #3
BHPian

Interesting Thread!

I personally wanted a Black X5, but there were severe shortages when looking to pick up the car so settled on the second option white.

I had come across a reel on Instagram from an influencer and am in love with this colour.

Attaching a picture of my white car and the colour I'd want to go to :
[ATTACH=IMG_0876.jpg]My X5[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_0876.jpg  

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-240202669_1237133873406268_2524683217440648247_n.jpg  

ballfry is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 11:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Very interesting thread. Especially for used car buyers who might not have had the chance to choose the favorite colour.

How I wish I can change the colour of my Montero to a sexy black one. Refraining from doing so, since if you remove all the trims from a 17 year old vehicle, i'm sure I cannot fit it back the original way.

This one's mine.
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-screenshot-20230626-113241.jpg
I want it like this.

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-229581.jpg
dhanushs is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 11:45   #5
BHPian

What about getting a wrap instead?
Garud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 11:50   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garud View Post
What about getting a wrap instead?
Wraps are not legal, if the colour is completely different. Even if the colour is same, like a matte version of it, still, a wrapped car is just inviting the cops to flag it down.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 26th June 2023 at 11:51.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 11:57   #7
Team-BHP Support

All my cars have been Silver. And I don't see that changing in the near future (unless I buy a Thar which is unlikely to happen).

So I can change the color of my car to any color, as long as it is silver.
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 12:23   #8
BHPian

Interesting thread!

I have always liked Red cars. But unfortunately, I never got a bright solid Red (or metallic) option in the cars I shortlisted or purchased except the Honda Jazz.
I like the solid Red in Swift, Polo or the metallic shade in Magnite. If I plan to repaint any of my cars in future, I will definitely go for one of these shades.
Old 26th June 2023, 12:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

My Alto will require FC renewal in an year and I am planning some cosmetic jobs for it. If it is permitted to change the color I will paint it a bright lemon yellow!
Gansan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:22   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Ever since I saw Samba's post and seen it a couple of times on the road, this colour captivated me. Kinda like a limited edition colour, as it was only on offer for an year. Almost Lexusy dark blue colour, can't stop drooling over this. Otherwise I am happy with the factory Pearl white shade in the Etios, which I believe is the one that suits the car the most.

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-etios-blue.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4568815 (Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On the other hand, if I could change the colour of the 530d, it would be to silver or white,
Weird. Maybe it was the number of other F10 threads. For the longest time, in my mind, GTO's 530D was white in colour. Had to take a second look, when I visited the ownership thread an year back and realising it was black.
DicKy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 16:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Wraps are not legal, if the colour is completely different. Even if the colour is same, like a matte version of it, still, a wrapped car is just inviting the cops to flag it down.
I believe a colour change also requires getting approval from RTO and insurance right?
Old 26th June 2023, 16:51   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garud View Post
I believe a colour change also requires getting approval from RTO and insurance right?
Yes it does. And frankly it is more trouble than it is worth.
It was fine in the 1970’s and 1980’s and all.
But it isn't as easy nowadays.
Old 26th June 2023, 17:51   #13
BHPian

If given the chance to change the car color, I would undoubtedly opt for black. Personally, I have a strong affinity for black cars, regardless of the make or model. From a Kwid to a Thar, even an 800 in black, they all exude a remarkable aesthetic appeal. Moreover, black cars possess a certain prestige and allure, evoking a sense of sophistication and a touch of a gangster vibe.

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-aa62ff1022d4bd9de4442a77a43aad9f.jpg
raptor_diwan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 20:46   #14
Team-BHP Support

On the Meridian, I absolutely love the green that I have purchased. So no second choices there.

On the GT too, I like the navy blue much more than the other lighter colors like white and silver available at the time. If I could change the color on the GT, the one I really like is the sort of electric blue that came out later (the one that Graaja has). I really do love that shade and makes the GT look really sporty. In the wrong color the GT can look quite ungainly so these are the only two colors that would work for me for the GT. The original imperial blue and the sportier electric sorta blue. (Sorry I don’t recall the official color names off hand).
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 10:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

My two beauties are polar opposites. An all black Ecosport S TDCI and pearl white Kia Sonet iMT.

I prefer to keep them the same.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-whatsapp-image-20230627-10.23.28-am-1.jpeg  

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-whatsapp-image-20230627-10.23.28-am.jpeg  

07CR is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks