Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2023, 21:03   #46
BHPian

Re: If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?

I had a real dilemma in choosing the color - was torn between red and blue. Both were bright colours and went finally with blue. Dont regret it though

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-jeep-1.jpeg

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_6421.jpg
Old 29th June 2023, 23:40   #47
BHPian

I love the Napoli Black shade of my Scorpio-N, but ever since I saw a matte finished Deep Forest colour on a random Youtube short, I've been wondering what a matte grey or matte deep blue wrap would look like on the Beast.

If I ever decide to change the colour, I think I'd go for a wrap rather than a repaint, as it would require limited or no panel removal and refitting. With everybody going for PPF nowadays, a lot of the cars we see are already wrapped.
Old 30th June 2023, 02:24   #48
BHPian

I love the current colour of the car and would retain it as such when going in for a full overcoat next year before it's FC. Also helps that it is a unique colour and that I waited almost 3.5 years to get this beauty in this colour.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img20230419091849.jpg  

Kumaran93R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 00:39   #49

I am a first time car buyer and had no idea about choosing the color. I just saw the red color Venue 2022 facelift and went with that. But later realized that Venue's Abyss black is so manly and stunning. My Venue is just 6 months old. Should I consider painting black or wait for some more years and paint it black? Need your valuable suggestions.

I am okay to do all the legal process like getting permission from RTO and updating the same to my insurance provider, but will the paint job be worthy enough to match the factory finish?

This is my car

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-img_20230816_125438.jpg

This is the black Venue I wanted

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-225_phantomblack_161616.jpg
Old 1st December 2023, 11:20   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo-Bala View Post
I am a first time car buyer and had no idea about choosing the color. I just saw the red color Venue 2022 facelift and went with that. But later realized that Venue's Abyss black is so manly and stunning. My Venue is just 6 months old. Should I consider painting black or wait for some more years and paint it black? Need your valuable suggestions...
Repainting a new car isn't the best idea.

It would be expensive, esp. for high quality prep and finishing, remember a proper repaint would involve stripping and reassembling the whole thing, not just doing the exterior surfaces. Add in the RTO and paperwork hassle, and it's a huge time, effort and money drain with no guarantee of a satisfactory end result.

What you could try instead, is blackening out the chrome and other glossy/shiny trim bits (get it wrapped instead of painted if you want it to be easily reversible). A red Venue with matte black grille, ORVM caps, roof rails and trim bits should look great, and would cost significantly less. You did like the red before you saw the black, don't abandon the red so easy .

A Kushaq Monte Carlo for reference of a red with black trim CSUV:

If you could change the colour of your car, which one would it be?-2-1.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st December 2023 at 11:30.
Old 1st December 2023, 11:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

I have a white polo.

With the Polo, there is absolutely no better color than the Stunning Red!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks