Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 20:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

In retrospect, i remember autocar gave 4-5L pricing for the Logan.
Maybe ACI took the rupee appreciation into consideration..

Will the grande punto qualify for 'small car' norms?
Old 24th July 2007, 21:36   #32
BHPian

thats great news...hope its true...

cant believe this until its launched...
Old 24th July 2007, 22:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
In retrospect, i remember autocar gave 4-5L pricing for the Logan.

Will the grande punto qualify for 'small car' norms?
The 1.4 Logain is priced around 5Lacs.

Yes the Grande Punto will get the excise benefits.
Old 24th July 2007, 23:02   #34
BHPian

Well if these speculated prices are right then i would be forced to ditch my Aveo.

Having said that please recollect that FIAT did price the Palio also very right at around 3.53 ex when launched in Delhi but later on what happened is again history.

Hope this time they maintain that initial momentum of sales.
Old 25th July 2007, 01:18   #35
BHPian

If anything to go buy ACI, these are killer prices. Going by the international acclaims, PUNTO could well go on to be a success story in india. Wonder if TATA would kill their own cars with FIAT collaboration .
Old 25th July 2007, 02:42   #36
BHPian

Indian cars are overpriced in the context of our purchasing power, hopefully there will be some sort of correction as we move forward,

Remember before IT the market was small limited to business people, IT has actually created a lot of demand in the economy because of relatively better wages where a under 30 professional can actually think of buying a car, others sectors are picking up driven by the demand being created in the economy by the IT sector but even in the context of the higher purchasing power Indian car prices as a percentage of yearly income are still pretty high.

Unless car makes are happy with the limited numbers generated by the business people they will have to either be more realistic in their prices, the least we can expect here is parity with prices in advanced and developed economies where purchasing power of the average individual is 10 times ours, or wait for our purchasing power to increase.
Old 25th July 2007, 07:07   #37
LLL
BHPian

well, lets not get too excited about the prices. I remember Sienna being sold for 4 & 5 lakhs in Delhi by a dealer 3-4 years back, but still it bombed. Masses (including yours truly) preferred to buy a wagonR, Santro against a vastly superior Sienna just because of Fiat's a.s.s.

So unless Fiat can change the public perception, you shouldnt expect to see lot of punto's, linea's gracing our roads.
Old 25th July 2007, 07:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am going to stick 'My next car is linea ' on the bumper
Old 25th July 2007, 07:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
So unless Fiat can change the public perception, you shouldnt expect to see lot of punto's, linea's gracing our roads.
That is a very pertinent point. But you do have to remember that it is not Fiat alone. Tata will be backing Fiat up. After all if the dealers can gain, then why not. Also these cars may not go into Tata territory as they will in most probability be positioned as premium cars against the more 'utilitarian' Tata ones.
Old 25th July 2007, 07:49   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

i hope fiat gives a top-end variant punto which is close to the euro spec along with the budget variants.

the crowded cities need quality hatchbacks for daily commute. i am sure 50% of the self-driven D-segment cars are used for city commute because of the interior comfort, good AC, low NVH, etc and not because of the powerful engine, the big size, etc. i don't like the looks of skoda fabia (personal opinion).

so i am hoping fiat offers a loaded punto at a premium - like the fiat 500 :-) i have no such hopes from suzuki, tata, hyundai because they all think hatchbacks are for budget/FE people. i also doubt if they are capable of building a premium hatch.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:38   #41
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
But you do have to remember that it is not Fiat alone. Tata will be backing Fiat up.
Still, people are not driving to fiat-tata showrooms. I would love to see how many TD's fiat has given and how many sales fiat clocks. I can guess that Logan might fare better here than fiat...and thats really saying something.

Its really important for Fiat to launch really good products quickly, support it with great maintenance programs (like GM - 3 years no maintenance) and ensure that service quality is impeccable (e.g. launch a scheme that customer pays for service only if satisfied, declare a SLA for every support request).

Biggest gripe against fiat is low mileage - for that Fiat really needs to declare min/max FE figures for every model/environment.

Last edited by LLL : 25th July 2007 at 09:42.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:45   #42

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i still think the desirable variant of the punto and linea will atleast cost 6l and 8l respectively.
any idea on whether fiat is getting the 1.4l turbo petrol or not??
Old 25th July 2007, 10:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would love to see how many TD's fiat has given and how many sales fiat clocks
I had gone for a test dive of the Palio 1.6 Sports to a Tata dealership and he tried to pull me to the Indica, "average kya mast hai saab Fiat se bhut zada" On my being stuborn to buy a Fiat he said that they dont have test drive and one female manager took my number down and said as soon the car is here we will get it to your place for test drive, needless to say the car never came for test drive. Fiats Loss is Not Always Tata's gain, i bought a Swift.
Old 25th July 2007, 11:07   #44
BHPian

Man.. this is great news.. I definitly will go for one of these.. may be G Punto for sure..
Old 25th July 2007, 11:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I also read ACI yesterday, quite shocker of a price for these cars . . Honda are you litening ?? First it was SX4, now it is linea . Hope the quality of linea is good ( like palio ) . Its going to be a nightmare for other car makers .. let the car wars begin !!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks