Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2023?
Hyundai Exter 72 3.26%
Maruti Fronx 44 1.99%
MG Comet EV 39 1.76%
Citroen C3 Aircross 20 0.90%
Toyota Rumion 4 0.18%
Hyundai Verna 334 15.11%
Honda Elevate 270 12.22%
Citroen eC3 7 0.32%
Maruti Jimny 336 15.20%
Mahindra XUV400 18 0.81%
Toyota Innova Hycross 701 31.72%
Maruti Invicto 5 0.23%
BMW X1 24 1.09%
Hyundai Ioniq 5 287 12.99%
Audi Q3 Sportback 18 0.81%
Volvo C40 Recharge 31 1.40%
Voters: 2210. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2023, 11:42   #151

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2023 | EDIT: It's the Toyota Innova Hycross

The Maruti Jimny is my choice (Being a 4x4 enthusiast), thanks to several key factors:

1. Refined Machine: Smooth and enjoyable to drive, a significant upgrade from my previous 4x4.
2. Accessory Abundance: International-quality accessories are readily available, allowing me to customize the Jimny to my exact needs.
3. Service/Support Advantage: Compared to my Mahindra Thar, the Jimny boasts hassle-free service and support, offering peace of mind.
4. Family-Friendly: The Jimny comfortably accommodates my small family, making it perfect for everyday adventures.
5. Distinctive Presence: The Jimny's quirky design turns heads, earning the nickname "Chhota Thar" .
Old 7th December 2023, 11:43   #152

Bmw x1, it is all the car you need, spacious, good balanced chassis for a cross-over, drives like a rear wheel drive estate car. Most cars are set up to understeer cause the depth of a wallet doesn't necessarily increase driving skills but bmw set the car up on the oversteer side. Last but not the least, the boot is big enough to fill it with my pitbulls.
Old 7th December 2023, 11:43   #153

I am sorry if I am missing something here but just can't seem to able to vote to these polls.

I am new to T BHP and and unsure of the eligibility here. A statement at bottom of the poll reads "you may not vote to this poll". Would be appreciated if someone can throw some light on this.
Old 7th December 2023, 11:45   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
I vote "None of the Above" simply because of the following reasons:

- None of the current gen cars have a manual/hydraulic steering.
- Lack the analog feel or raw feedback of a real automobile. - Most, if not all, have touchscreens and digital clusters which is not just bad for the eyes but are not intuitive and unsafe to use while driving.
- Most of these lack the manual gearboxes.
- Most have smaller engines and some don't even have engines at all .
- Most have unnecessary electronic aids and intrusive computers which ruin the driving experience and add more failure points resulting in costly repairs down the line.
- Most of these come with Artificial leather (I'm against the use of genuine leather as well, for obvious reasons) which is not durable and not very comfortable in our hot country. I miss the 'Plush' fabric seats of older cars.

These are just my personal opinions and that's the reason why I'm having to keep looking for older, less driven pre-owned cars since the current gen cars are no longer meant for enthusiasts.
Try the x1, it has the most balanced chassis and the car is set up to liftoff oversteer from the factory. Very slidey and oversteery, should definitely test drive one on a twisty road.
Old 7th December 2023, 12:00   #155
BHPian

Voted for the Elevate for all the known positives it brings to the table. People keep bashing it's 1.5 NA engine, but it's numbers (both the 0-100 and more importantly the roll-on acceleration) are better than the competition, even the VW1.0. This engine could possibly be the last torch bearer for 1.5NA petrols in India. Even in its 8th year and 75k+ kms my BRV has zero problems, says a lot about reliability.

Verna comes a close second, very happy with its safety rating, if only the looks could be a toned down a little. Any competition to the City is good for us customers.

With the Hycross prices touching 40L, the package no longer looks affordable for the masses, something that the older Innovas had going for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2023 | EDIT: It's the Toyota Innova Hycross-img_20231207_115124.jpg  

John316_WRC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 12:06   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDISclatters View Post
I am sorry if I am missing something here but just can't seem to able to vote to these polls.

A statement at bottom of the poll reads "you may not vote to this poll". Would be appreciated if someone can throw some light on this.
You will be able to vote after you have made 25 posts on the forum. It's a standard protocol being followed to avoid bogus accounts being created just to rig polls across various threads.
nikipedia87 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 12:26   #157
BHPian

Voted for Ioniq 5. It was really confusing though 😅 I could have also gone with new Verna or Jimny.
Old 7th December 2023, 12:34   #158
BHPian

My vote is for the Innova Hycross, Toyota has figured out the art of making a successful MPV . Putting aside all the numbers and stats of the car, an average Indian is more bothered about reliability and mileage(This is reducing these days and for this category more so) and Innova aces it. It is also one among the only MPVs which attracts both commercial and non commercial customers. An enthusiast may not be very happy with the car but the enthusiasts are not the ones who set the sales register ringing. To prove a point that Innova is more popular name and people still swear by the combo of Toyota + Innova, we need so see how many Invictos are sold(I barely counted 1 after the launch)
Old 7th December 2023, 12:53   #159

My vote is for Innova Hycross. Mind you, people still swear by Crysta and it is well known to outlive its owner. For Toyota to launch yet another blockbuster product like Hycross which has only bettered Crysta in areas like ride and handling and fuel efficiency backed by a strong hybrid system is no mean achievement. ADAS is also flawlessly executed on the Hycross. And this not by any stroke of luck. Remember how Qualis was replaced by the original Innova which ruled the roads for alomst a decade and just when we thought nothing could ever come close to the Innova, Toyota launched Crysta which redefined everything which Innova was known for - power, torque, space and oodles of comfort. And with the Hycross Toyota has set a tough act for others to follow. TKM truly sets the gold standard benchmark in every decade which others can only dream to match.
Old 7th December 2023, 12:54   #160

I would vote for Toyota Innova Hycross.

In the list only MG Comet, Maruti Suzuki Jimny, Hyundai Ioniq and Toyota Innova Hycross, every other new launch are, as The Who would say, "Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss".

MG Comet - looks killed the chances for me
Jimny - was an exciting launch. But the first impression when I saw it standing next to Ecosport and it looked so underwhelming
Ioniq - Its seems too exclusive, for limited Indian users
Innova Hycross - Seems a remarkable improvement in terms of features over its previous gen.
Old 7th December 2023, 13:13   #161
BHPian

Voted for Jimny! wont say its justified for its price but certainly its the most capable and reliable 4x4 in its price range.
Old 7th December 2023, 13:22   #162
BHPian

Voted for the Hycross. It's incredible what Toyota has done with a car of this size; made it so efficient & easy to drive while maintaining top levels of comfort.
Old 7th December 2023, 13:23   #163

For me, Toyota Innova Hycross has been the car of 2023 by far. Priced right, relevant features, good powertrain with the always-on 'Toyota' reliability and badge value. It's a pity they can't make enough though!
Old 7th December 2023, 13:39   #164
BHPian

BMW X1. Very polarising opinion, but again the choices are anywhere from 7-80 lakhs. Yes petrol is underpowered and diesels are dialed down, but the new design language with that cabin and interior finish is something Mercedes and Audi cannot beat it. 99% of X1 is used as daily machines and for the city/limited highway commute its an excellent premium package.
Old 7th December 2023, 13:58   #165
BHPian

Voted for the Hycross! Although I recently got a Verna DSG,as we needed an Automatic Sedan, it is the Hycross which I would buy if
A) One car to do it all
B) Comfortable, reliable long distance tourer
C) Family runabout in city
Plus, the guts shown by toyota to change the game, again! Moving from a Diesel BOF to monocoque hybrid and retain the reliability is great!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks