Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2023?
Hyundai Exter 72 3.26%
Maruti Fronx 44 1.99%
MG Comet EV 39 1.76%
Citroen C3 Aircross 20 0.90%
Toyota Rumion 4 0.18%
Hyundai Verna 334 15.11%
Honda Elevate 270 12.22%
Citroen eC3 7 0.32%
Maruti Jimny 336 15.20%
Mahindra XUV400 18 0.81%
Toyota Innova Hycross 701 31.72%
Maruti Invicto 5 0.23%
BMW X1 24 1.09%
Hyundai Ioniq 5 287 12.99%
Audi Q3 Sportback 18 0.81%
Volvo C40 Recharge 31 1.40%
Voters: 2210. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 11:02   #61
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2023 | EDIT: It's the Toyota Innova Hycross

Categorizing the contenders,

EV
---
MG Comet EV | Citroen eC3 | Mahindra XUV400 | Hyundai Ioniq 5 | Volvo C40 Recharge

Crossovers
------------
Hyundai Exter | Maruti Fronx | Citroen C3 Aircross | Honda Elevate

MPV
-----
Toyota Rumion | Toyota Innova Hycross | Maruti Invicto

Sedan
-------
Hyundai Verna

4x4
----
Maruti Jimny

Luxury
------
BMW X1 | Audi Q3 Sportback

My top 3 are Elevate, Verna & Jimny. Elevate & Jimny makes you want for more, so my vote goes to Hyundai this time, Verna is exciting, a good handler and safe! A much needed boost to the sedans and Hyundai has the reach to cater to the needs across the country.

Happy voting,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

After so many threads of bashing on pricing, lackluster engine, vintage gearbox, surprised to see Jimny in 3rd spot so far. Is the recent price reduction a significant contributor?
I believe the Exter deserves better. It's a well rounded car and bought in some segment firsts and top it all its good VFM too. With about 8K shipments, it reasonably successful too.

Last edited by PrideRed : 6th December 2023 at 11:07.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:16   #63

Innova Hycross seems to be the best amongst all these, there wasn't much to choose this year and with the Crysta going manual, the hycross seems to be the best choice and an all rounder of some sort. MG Comet seems to be a fun car too, turns some heads but lacks the power and quick charging.
Old 6th December 2023, 11:16   #64
BHPian

Voted for the Hycross! It's also a car that I bought this year and i'm extremely satisfied with my purchase. Yes, the interior plastics and the audio quality and the 360 cameras could have been better, but none of those are deal breakers.
Old 6th December 2023, 11:17   #65
BHPian

Voted for the Verna

- Allrounder that brings much needed freshness, relevance, attention to the sedan segment. (The VAG twins could have had the credit for showing the way, but for their inconsistent quality, niggles and ASS)
- Explosive performance with turbo petrol- highest power and torque in it's segment ( also has smooth IVT for urban / sedate driving)
- good ride and handling balance
- 5 star Global NCAP safety
- feature rich
- spacious ( cabin and boot)
- value for money ( entry variants start just a little over top end variants of sub 4M crossovers) - what's more, Gives me 70% of a BMW 3 series at 25% of the price!

Put my money where my mouth is, and a happy owner after 12k kms.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 6th December 2023 at 11:19. Reason: Additional text
FAIAAA is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:28   #66
BHPian

Looks like we need to have a NOTA option this year.
Frankly speaking its the first time i don't feel like voting for any of the available options.

Nothing that appeals the the heart, the Jimny comes close though but not enough.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:35   #67

My top picks would be the Hyundai Verna, Honda Elevate and Innova Hycross. With Verna, Hyundai finally upped its safety game, Honda finally understood the market requirements with the Elevate and the Hycross continues being an Innova!
Old 6th December 2023, 11:43   #68
BHPian

I believe we should have an option "None of the above" this time. I am sure it will garner lots of votes. To be very honest, nothing from the list looks path breaking or something absolute innovation which we didn't see earlier. I am sure, we should see hung house this time.
Old 6th December 2023, 11:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Honda Elevate. Why? Here are my few cents -

1. This car has given new life to Honda in India.
2. People are going back to Honda showrooms again which is a good news for them.
3. This car has created road for Honda to launch few more models here.
4. Elevate has given some new design language for Honda which will help them.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:55   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's time to look back at the year and cast your vote for The Team-BHP Car of the Year. This is where YOU - the BHPian - will choose our car of 2023.
Toyota Innova Hycross - Without a doubt. Toyota's Reliability & Service, Hybrid functionality, Superb Comfort and the all rounder MPV tag makes it the first preference.

Hyundai Verna - Close Second, but lack of an Hybrid option feels a miss and Hyundai, i believe, fares a bit lower than Toyota when it comes to reliability & support.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 - Great car, but the early adopter hassles with EV's in the current market scenario like dependence on EV specific service centers (even in Hyundai, EV’s will only be touched upon by Hyundai's EV specific center’s only and none other), support & Warranty policies for EV's (especially the scare mongering by companies when it entails warranty), casts a shadow of doubt inspite of it being a well positioned EV.
Old 6th December 2023, 11:57   #71
BHPian

Am actually excited to see a close fight for the Car of the Year, after runaway winners in the past few years.

XUV7OO in 2021 took more than 50% of the votes ( including mine) which is crazy.

Even last year ( which also had a few good contenders) Scorpio got more votes than the 2nd and 3rd combined.

I hope Hycross doesn't start to run away with it.
Old 6th December 2023, 12:13   #72
BHPian

I can understand why people would vote for the Toyota Innova HyCross, the Hyundai Verna, or the Ionic. For me, these are good iterations of existing products in the market. I vote for the MG Comet, simply because it is a new kind of car.

We have always considered urban mobility and long-distance use in the same breath. The humble MG Comet changes that. It's surprisingly cute and serves its job as a specialized urban commuter very well.

Experiment with me, and count the number of cars where you see more than one person sitting in it on your next commute. We need cars that reflect this need. In style.

Great design, high quality, excellent price, and the long-chased dream of total zero emission for running a car (solar + electric) are truly good ideas.

Cheers to the Comet!
sidoza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:17   #73
BHPian

Voted for the Ioniq5

Hyundai has brought a truly global offering to India and has priced it reasonably. If only the charging infra was better, it would be a no-brainer.
Old 6th December 2023, 12:27   #74
ike
BHPian

I voted for the Verna despite not liking it's looks. Though looks are polarizing, it has good crash rating, a fast turbo petrol engine that drives beautifully, good space & boot space, very strong feature list too. My second choice is the Jimny, though it lacks the presence of a Gorkha or a Thar it is still very appealing to me.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Hycross is a good vehicle but as Lee Iacocca, the Car becomes fatter over generations and that is one issue which this car faces. Lot of people preferred the ruggedness, simplicity and affordability of the Crysta over the current vehicle.

My vote goes for the Hyundai Ioniq for a great benchmark product they have launched at the below 50 lac mark in bengaluru.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks