Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2023?
Hyundai Exter 72 3.26%
Maruti Fronx 44 1.99%
MG Comet EV 39 1.76%
Citroen C3 Aircross 20 0.90%
Toyota Rumion 4 0.18%
Hyundai Verna 334 15.11%
Honda Elevate 270 12.22%
Citroen eC3 7 0.32%
Maruti Jimny 336 15.20%
Mahindra XUV400 18 0.81%
Toyota Innova Hycross 701 31.72%
Maruti Invicto 5 0.23%
BMW X1 24 1.09%
Hyundai Ioniq 5 287 12.99%
Audi Q3 Sportback 18 0.81%
Volvo C40 Recharge 31 1.40%
Voters: 2210. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2023, 15:06   #211
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2023 | EDIT: It's the Toyota Innova Hycross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
Voted for Hyundai Exter. Reason being all the pros mentioned by GTO and as for the cons all the cars have them.

Moreover, I prefer hatchbacks and small SUVs as I drive only in the city.
The Exter is great but until the crash ratings are released, I would not have it as COTY.
Old 8th December 2023, 15:18   #212
BHPian

Voted for the Hyundai Verna.

If I was in the market to buy a car in 2023, I would have shortlisted Verna MT and Virtus MT. So the choice in this vote is simple for me.
Old 8th December 2023, 15:24   #213
BHPian

Voted for Elevate

This is the car that supplied Oxygen to Honda which is in ventilator.

Why do we have Invicto and Rumion part of this list? Do these copycats really deserve a chance for iCOTY?
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 15:46   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
The Exter is great but until the crash ratings are released, I would not have it as COTY.
Agree with you but it's ones choice, my heart goes with Hyundai Exter and as regards crash rating many cars in this list have no crash ratings.
Old 8th December 2023, 17:00   #215
BHPian

Voted for Honda Elevate.

IMHO Elevate is one car which strikes a balance of quality, features, handling, ride quality, reliability (perhaps too early to say this), design (I have a TUV so I get the design philosophy ) and a reliable adequately powered engine. I think, Honda has come up with a car that covers most of the aspects that customers look for in a Honda.
sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 18:25   #216
BHPian

Voted for Hycross, in these times where diesels are getting extinct, the Hycross redefined the future of MPVs.
Old 8th December 2023, 18:39   #217
BHPian

Although we own the Hycross Hybrid, I voted for Verna.

I voted for Verna because it has everything on board: safety, performance (1.5 Turbo), rear seat comfort, design, and the bells and whistles available in this car.

Also, this will be the probable purchase as the replacement for my 2014 Honda City.

The second would be Hycross because of having Hybrid, which gives impeccable FE and comfort in all 3 rows and we have run 13k Kms in 4 months of ownership.

Maybe, this is the combo I'd be seeing soon in my garage.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 10:49   #218
BHPian

I have not even sat in any of these cars, let alone drive them. Therefore, my vote was based purely on what I have read on Team-BHP.

Hybrid tech is not new. The fact that it is coming to India so late does not mean that it is a ground breaking tech. It was ground breaking 25 years ago when the first Prius was launched in 1997.

Therefore, to judge the new Innova on basis of the engine is not wise. The reason I voted for Innova is that I loved the way Toyota packages its cars and makes them a winner in all aspects. Much like Maruti does. Therefore, in this list, I thought the Innova Hycross is the winner.
sjain2054 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 11:03   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the Hycross.
  • Toyota has done a marvelous job on the power train. Pairing the TNGA 2.0 engine with a sufficiently large battery means that this big people over can hit 0 to 100 in under 10 seconds! This is faster than the Tata Safari, Toyota Fortuner, the previous Innova even with a big 2.8 diesel, and the erstwhile Ford Endeavour.
  • The fuel efficiency is unheard of in this class of vehicles and that is not just on paper, people have been getting very good efficiency in real-life too.
  • The vehicle looks fairly good, with a nice SUV-like front. The interior space is amazing and even the third row is quite comfortable.
  • The pricing is slightly higher than ideal, but then these vehicles hold their values for ever.
  • Yes, the fit & finish and the plastics quality could have been better, but other this one downside, the car is a winner in so many respects

If I had a second vote, would have given it to the Ioniq5 - it has finally brought a full EV with gorgeous design, generous space and good range to the market at a meaningful price point.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th December 2023 at 11:05.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 11:39   #220

Guys is the poll closed? I'm unable to vote!
Old 9th December 2023, 11:41   #221

For some inexplicable reason, I am unable to vote. (Please inform if you can @Moderators).

But if I could vote, it was a tough but deserving choice in my opinion — the Hyundai Verna 2023.

What makes it a deserving winner?
It is a car that can be bought for about 14 lakhs on-road. It has a futuristic front facade which while polarizing is absolutely stunning in my opinion. In addition to that, it is genuinely fun to drive and generates up to 160 horses, which is just crazy. It's got all five stars in the GNCAP rating and with all that in mind and Hyundai's commitment to providing 6 airbags in each of its cars, the car is a no-brainer in the segment and deserves to be rightfully dubbed the T-BHP COTY.

Why not the Hycross? Now, I'm not a purist and while the Hycross is more sorted on the comfort and convenience front, it is undeniable that the Toyota Innova peaked with the Crysta. The Hycross is a monocoque, which steals points away and it is still not very publicly accessible because of its steep pricing. It is deservedly second in the list of Innovas all-time.. but the Verna punts it for me.
Old 9th December 2023, 12:06   #222
BHPian

Voted for the Jimny, because it's a plucky little fun vehicle that brings a smile on my face!

VERY FEW OF THE OTHER CONTENDERS SERIOUSLY FOCUS ON THE FUN ASPECT, IMHO! The Jimny seems to want to make you have fun from the word go, and despite all the bashing on this forum from Thar owners or those who found the price too high, it is absolutely fun to drive, fun off-road, fun little quirky design and fun in traffic too, where the narrow dimensions help to squeeze through gaps! Am a happy owner, and can't get enough drives!

My second choice would be the Verna, being a stunner with all the oomph! Needed to bring back the mid sedan segment after the Octavia, Corolla and Virtus did their best to make it painfully boring.

A distant third would be the Ioniq 5. But the pricing - shudder shudder! - really is a dampener!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th December 2023 at 13:00. Reason: typos.
Old 9th December 2023, 12:12   #223
BHPian

Voted For Hyundai Verna. With the latest NCAP results, It seems that Hyundai is trying to improve on the safety aspects.

- Hycross is too costly for my liking and also very big in terms of size.
- For Ioniq 5 can't digest the way it looks. Hate EV altogether though.
Old 9th December 2023, 12:20   #224
BHPian

What has really surprised me are two things:

a) In my personal opinion, Verna was one of the best cars launched in the year 2023 and had hoped for a position at the very top. It is not bad at 2 but the gap to top is too big.

b) Secondly, it is very very very surprising to see Jimny in top three considering the boatloads of brickbat the vehicles has got. I have a soft spot for the Jimny although I don't care much about the other Suzuki vehicles. The Jimny has impressed me whenever I have used it. To see it in top three in a forum like T-BHP is a huge deal.

Innova is one of the least deserving top vehicle (as of today) to be in top spot. I hope some other vehicle makes a late surge.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th December 2023 at 12:57. Reason: Typo: Meant 'surge', not 'surgery', we hope :)
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 12:50   #225
BHPian

Voted for Innova Hycross. Simply because Toyota risked it with petrol+hybrid option instead of the diesel motor and went monocoque instead of ladder-on-frame chassis. It's paying them dividends, of late they seem to be very good at this risky play.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th December 2023 at 12:58. Reason: typos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks