Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 18:37   #16
Team-BHP Support

i have a feeling that yogendra pratap(or whatever the ODs editors name was) is going to be the edition since he just left OD and this mag has come in.
Old 28th June 2008, 09:10   #17
BHPian

auto bild has been launched yesterday , looks good , its quite different in layout than other auto mags . First issue has a lot of stuff , but more importantly its indian content not like TG . Editor is yogendra pratap with vikrant singh and other guys from OD . Format is new & something different , ACI has lots to think about now .
Old 28th June 2008, 09:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i have a feeling that yogendra pratap(or whatever the ODs editors name was) is going to be the edition since he just left OD and this mag has come in.

Yes, spot on. Yogendra Pratap, editor of Overdrive car maganzine has left and is heading this AutoBild. Looking forward to it. Would like to know the street price of the magazine if anyone can provide. Yogendra Pratap became editor after Adil Jal Darukhanawala left Overdrive to launch Car India. Now OD is headed by Sirish Chandran. Yogendra Pratap did a great job for Overdrive.

If at all any news is available about this magazine i.e. AutoBild India , please I would like to know.
Old 28th June 2008, 21:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

40Rs for the fortnightly magazine.

Cars will be rated at 600 points instead of 5 used by other magazines. CO2 emission etc will be monitored.
Old 28th June 2008, 22:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
40Rs for the fortnightly magazine.

Cars will be rated at 600 points instead of 5 used by other magazines. CO2 emission etc will be monitored.

Thanks for the information. Where can I get one from. The news stand in my city laughed when I asked him about this.
Also there is no Indian official website of AutoBild India.
Old 29th June 2008, 01:55   #21
BHPian

i hope there is more technical info about the cars reveiwed like 1/4 mile ,1 km times ,and car shoot outs,and maybe laptimes
Old 29th June 2008, 08:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Thanks for the information. Where can I get one from. The news stand in my city laughed when I asked him about this.
Also there is no Indian official website of AutoBild India.
it would come soon to your nearby news stands , don't worry , already been launched in major metros , read the first issue - here's what i think

1. good value at 40 bucks even though its a fortnightly mag .
2. first issue is packed with drives & road tests , very informative
3. very clear & objective way of road testing (600 point test is unique)
4. good feature on the car vs train , auto bild advisor is also a novel idea.
5. seems only a car mag as the german version is also .
6. seems better than "what car " , could be first serious threat to ACI , though only time would tell .
7.on the downside , it may seem a bit confusing with so many tech & pics crammed into the pages , on the drives section more text should be there.
Old 29th June 2008, 16:36   #23
BHPian

I distinctly remember reading an Indian version of Auto Bild a couple of years back, so its really not their first attempt into the market. Their Indian website is AutoBild. On first impression, it seems to be targeting the "car buying" segment rather than anything else (enthusiasts, motorsports etc.). I'll hold my opinion until reading a couple of issues more. It will be interesting to see how their fortnightly model pans out, and if successful, do the others follow?
Old 29th June 2008, 17:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
I distinctly remember reading an Indian version of Auto Bild a couple of years back, so its really not their first attempt into the market. Their Indian website is AutoBild. On first impression, it seems to be targeting the "car buying" segment rather than anything else (enthusiasts, motorsports etc.). I'll hold my opinion until reading a couple of issues more. It will be interesting to see how their fortnightly model pans out, and if successful, do the others follow?
that mag might be auto motor & sport edited by gautam sen , years back , it was also a german mag , don't think so autobild came earlier.
Old 30th June 2008, 15:07   #25
BHPian

i20 scoop

SOmebody get hold of the Mag, it has the i20 scoop!

Elito
Old 30th June 2008, 16:18   #26
BHPian

This is some more info from the Mag
afaqs! > news & features > India Today, Axel Springer to launch Auto Bild in India
Old 30th June 2008, 17:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
SOmebody get hold of the Mag, it has the i20 scoop!

Elito
I have it.
All it mentions is an artist's impression of i20, and choice of engine as 1.2L petrol and 1.5L CRDi, and to be priced above Getz.
Old 1st July 2008, 09:24   #28
BHPian

Is the magazine on the stands in Pune? If yes, where did you see it for sale? My local corners and Crossword's haven't even heard of it.
Old 1st July 2008, 09:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Is the magazine on the stands in Pune? If yes, where did you see it for sale? My local corners and Crossword's haven't even heard of it.
Gurgaon Sec. 14 market.

I bought it on Sunday - 29th June.

All in all, i wasn't impressed with the content. Though i did like the article by Yogendra Pratap on taxing car for their inefficiencies, rather than their capacities.

They also have a 'scoop' of of Nissan's small car for India, the Micra, but again an artistic impression is shown, rather than spy pics.

They have also driven the Ford Fiesta -S, and don't find it too different in performance or handling from the earlier Fiesta.

Want me to tell more?

Last edited by DCEite : 1st July 2008 at 09:41.
Old 1st July 2008, 12:24   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
They have also driven the Ford Fiesta -S, and don't find it too different in performance or handling from the earlier Fiesta.
Changes are cosmetic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks