Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 11:34   #31
BHPian

Great to hear. That was a nice move, but if only they had done it when they launched it could have created a lot more interest in the car and by now it could have even been a great hit. Somehow launching it costlier and then reducing the price does not seem to me a great idea. In fact now GM should maintain this 50k discount forever or it is going to see a slump as soon as the offer goes off.

In Bangalore too I see more Estilos compared to Sparks. In my opinion both of them did not take on as well as was expected.

Anyone liked the Spark MUST buy it now. The car is perfect and a great value for money now. (Attn mkuruvil and Sameer551)
Old 12th October 2007, 11:49   #32
BHPian

GM has always done this with all their products. they always launched their products overpriced and then start giving heavy discounts couple of months after the launch...to me this is a poor strategy and is the main culprit of not so ggod resale value of GM cars.
I guess, had they introduced spark with this discounted pricing as the original pricing, sales would have been much more...
i dont know when will they understand this:(
Old 12th October 2007, 13:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
GM has always done this with all their products. they always launched their products overpriced and then start giving heavy discounts couple of months after the launch...to me this is a poor strategy and is the main culprit of not so ggod resale value of GM cars.
I guess, had they introduced spark with this discounted pricing as the original pricing, sales would have been much more...
i dont know when will they understand this:(
Nah, its not the problem with GM. Its the Daewoo Legacy in India...
Old 12th October 2007, 14:29   #34
BHPian

On Road Bangalore Prices with Offer

Just called up and got the following prices . . .

1.0 - 3.25 lakhs (2.79 ex-showroom)
1.0 PS - 3.48 lakhs (2.99 ex-showroom)
1.0 LS - 3.65 lakhs (3.14 ex-showroom)

I guess that means that there are no catches to this offer unlike all the offers that I have seen so far . . . Can't think of any reason to select any other car now . . .
Old 12th October 2007, 15:14   #35
BHPian

Great to hear mkuruvil. now you can go ahead and book it before they change their mind :-). Those prices are sweet to hear
Old 12th October 2007, 16:49   #36
BHPian

Variant Old Price Celebration Price
Spark Base – A/C Rs 3,32,000 Rs 2,79,000
Spark Base – A/C+P/S Rs 3,41,000 Rs 2,99,000
Spark LS Rs 3,59,000 Rs 3,14,000
Spark LT Rs 3,89,000 Rs 3,44,000
Spark LT – Option Rs 424,000 Rs 3,75,000
Old 13th October 2007, 02:53   #37

I wonder this is just a sales booster flick by GM, I mean why would GM try to woo the customer for a car which is nothing but the Matiz in new clothes, which we all know was gem of a car..

I hope Spark would spark the chord of our hearts pretty nicely.. Dont you think it looks pretty girlish.. especially in green??
Old 13th October 2007, 09:02   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by animdas View Post
Variant Old Price Celebration Price
Spark Base – A/C Rs 3,32,000 Rs 2,79,000
Spark Base – A/C+P/S Rs 3,41,000 Rs 2,99,000
Spark LS Rs 3,59,000 Rs 3,14,000
Spark LT Rs 3,89,000 Rs 3,44,000
Spark LT – Option Rs 424,000 Rs 3,75,000
Looks much more desirable now. This should have been the regular pricing.

I think they are making a mistake. Will a customer buy a car after sometime, knowing he is paying 50k more than someone else did? Without any changes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganizonda View Post
I hope Spark would spark the chord of our hearts pretty nicely.. Dont you think it looks pretty girlish.. especially in green??
Would have been killed in team-bhp had it been offered in PINK!
Old 13th October 2007, 10:10   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Hmm...ya thinking on same lines...but I somehow like Palio Stile 1.1 top model better at the price they offering with 40k discount. Only thing is that everyone gives negative feedback for its TATA after sales service and parts availability. Otherwise I cant find any car which can compete fiat in term of performance and safety. Really puzzled for this one...
I came to know about this in todays TOI

Sameer any idea on wht they are offering on Stile 1.6?
Old 13th October 2007, 10:13   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In Bangalore too I see more Estilos compared to Sparks. In my opinion both of them did not take on as well as was expected.
GM's production is currently restricted to 2000 sparks a month. So you will never see as many Sparks as Estilos.

This temporary pricecut shows that GM is not able to meet the 2000 number yet?
Old 13th October 2007, 10:41   #41
BANNED

When I was shopping for car 4 months back, I kept the only GM hatchback available here UVA (it was the only thing available in Kochi, though Spark was launched, it was available only in the North) out of consideration due to what I considered a very, very eexxaaggggeerrraatteedd price.
I still think most GM offerings are very, very over priced, though I have no intention of buying another car very soon.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
I came to know about this in todays TOI

Sameer any idea on wht they are offering on Stile 1.6?
Hey man even Im in favor of 1.6 Stile...in Delhi its for 4.4 lack on Road after Discount of say 40k (including cash disc plus exchange/loyalty) worth buy if you can settle for a bit less milage say 10km/ltr. Anyways where does Swift or UVA either gives avg above 12km/ltr in real time. So not bad idea.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:19   #43
BHPian

Everyone has their own perspective.

As per the features & the equipments i dnt think that GM prices are out of the roost.

If u think that Maruti keeps low prices then you better look at the equipments they cut out in that price cut.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

Even I saw this in the papers today. 50K discounts accross the range.

Have not seen many sparks on the road yet. JUst shows how much money these car companies make in a small car. Imagine the Margin of Profit on a Magnum !!!
Old 13th October 2007, 13:40   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
As per the features & the equipments i dnt think that GM prices are out of the roost.
Before the price cut, Spark 1.0E (One without ac/power steering) was 3.6L OTR mumbai. What features& equipment does it have to justify the high price tag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
If u think that Maruti keeps low prices then you better look at the equipments they cut out in that price cut.
Maruti still has build quality problems, and quality of plastics are down compared to some of the competition. However, features&equipments are something they dont lack these days.

Some examples-
1. Swift ZXi- Cars even in the above segment cant offer what this hatch does.
2. SX4 ZXi- Same story. Competition is playing catching up on the features front.
3. Zen Estilo- Maruti hatches (zen estilo/WagonR) are the only ones having both ABS/Airbags as options in the small car segment.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th October 2007 at 13:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks